Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1627 1628 [1629] 1630 1631 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1583786 times)

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #24420 on: December 04, 2019, 08:36:50 AM »

I thought this cycle was a bit too early for her, as she hasn't been on the national scene long.  So as an introduction to a young up-and-comer, this campaign was reasonably successful for her (much more so than for Cory Booker for example, who seemed mostly out of his depth).

Disagree.  Booker has done well.  Clear messaging and confident in the debates.  His inability to better capture the voters looking for a moderate has been a mystery to the pundit class.  (Same could be said for Klobuchar)

I think in this political moment there is room for only one candidate to have moderation be their message.  If a safe bet, electability and experience is your priority (so the thinking goes) how do you do better than Biden?
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #24421 on: December 04, 2019, 08:40:47 AM »

Well look here, ToddlerCarter8 didn't need to go all the way back to January to find an article that disputes his contention that Black Women voters will now be "confused" after Harris dropped out.  Just one week ago:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/25/us/politics/2020-election-black-voters.html
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #24422 on: December 04, 2019, 09:12:46 AM »

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/04/politics/world-leaders-joke-about-donald-trump-nato/index.html

I wouldn't make a note of this because it isn't really surprising.  Other world leaders are laughing at Trump?  Hardly surprising.  We all do, he is a clown.

But Trump himself made the "Other countries are laughing at Obama behind his back" a major critique without any evidence that it was true.  He claimed "When I'm in charge other countries will need to take us seriously!"  why?  I don't know, because he is such a "tough guy" I guess.

Well, here they are, laughing at him behind his back.  No one can believe how big an idiot he is.  Even Boris Johnson is happily getting into it!

Maybe we as Americans can take some solace in this.  More likely our allies will allow these four years to pass away into a memory hole if they can laugh about it.  Put the real damage Trump has done to the world behind us. 

We can hope.

And now predictably the big baby is having a temper tantrum about it and has left the NATO meetings:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-trudeau-nato-summit-press-conference-macron-boris-johnson-latest-a9232496.html

Your "president" folks.  Pathetic.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2019, 09:14:42 AM by NeedsAdjustments »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #24423 on: December 04, 2019, 09:29:29 AM »

Could be the reason she dropped out when she did.  So that she would be up for VP consideration. 

Heh

More likely my theory is right

Interesting that they had just announced Newsom was going to Iowa to campaign for her.  Then... plug pulled.

Is she still a VP hopeful?  Sure - anything is possible - and she sure wouldnt turn it down.

Could very well be though that either

a)  there were some shenanigans uncovered within the campaign

or

b)  Kamala was slapped silly by Dem leadership to get her butt where it belongs - as the ViPer in the upcoming Trump impeachment hearings.  Yeah - you can do both - but can you really...effectively?

barton

« Reply #24424 on: December 04, 2019, 09:46:31 AM »

https://reut.rs/2sGJqgK?fbclid=IwAR34Wb799gyzxxM1J6tOxswtFQVo2OnVft6yULp7Sd0zunIfNyCAxExm1fk

"(Reuters) - The U.S. solar industry warned on Tuesday that the Trump administration’s tariffs on imported panels will cost the United States 62,000 jobs and $19 billion (£14.81 billion) in investment, an estimate the White House dismissed as “fake news”.

"The industry’s top trade group, the U.S. Solar Industries Association (SEIA), said the lost investment equated to 10.5 gigawatts in missed solar energy installations, enough to power about 1.8 million homes..."

I follow the energy industry, so have known about this for a while.  Hope US media are giving this story, basically their "president" killing tens of thousands of jobs, some attention.  The working class members of the base really need to get woke and be aware of this kind of thing.   

barton

« Reply #24425 on: December 04, 2019, 09:55:36 AM »

Could be the reason she dropped out when she did.  So that she would be up for VP consideration. 

Heh

Interesting that they had just announced Newsom was going to Iowa to campaign for her.  Then... plug pulled.

Is she still a VP hopeful?  Sure - anything is possible - and she sure wouldnt turn it down.

Could very well be though that either

a)  there were some shenanigans uncovered within the campaign

or

b)  Kamala was slapped silly by Dem leadership to get her butt where it belongs - as the ViPer in the upcoming Trump impeachment hearings.  Yeah - you can do both - but can you really...effectively?

Possible to see patterns in tea leaves, but I think Bo nailed it - she just wasn't ready for primetime and didn't have a well-oiled machine.   As a result of that, and some off-putting behavior in debates (my spouse didn't much like her for that), her donors dried up.   

barton

« Reply #24426 on: December 04, 2019, 09:57:49 AM »

Watergate committee was career Senators, IIRC.  Howard Baker later ran for potus in 1980 and dropped out in the primaries.   

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #24427 on: December 04, 2019, 09:59:09 AM »

Yes, more likely a theory you have no evidence to support and can be easily verified as false is right.

Thanks for your valuable opinion, Dumbass.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #24428 on: December 04, 2019, 10:41:57 AM »

Well look here, ToddlerCarter8 didn't need to go all the way back to January to find an article that disputes his contention that Black Women voters will now be "confused" after Harris dropped out.  Just one week ago:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/25/us/politics/2020-election-black-voters.html

heh

Chick wants a free ride on her college expenses. 

Welfare staters unite!!!!!

Thanks for the link.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #24429 on: December 04, 2019, 10:46:54 AM »

Holy shit...

“But I think today, American people have to focus on something else, which is the sacrifice and the service that is given by our law enforcement officers,” Barr said. “And they have to start showing, more than they do, the respect and support that law enforcement deserves ― and if communities don’t give that support and respect, they might find themselves without the police protection they need.”

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/william-barr-communities-police-protection-show-respect_n_5de72957e4b0913e6f877697
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #24430 on: December 04, 2019, 10:47:56 AM »

Collins said Nadler ignored that the founders of the United States were “really, really concerned about political impeachment — because you just don’t like the guy.”

Yep.  Good opening.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #24431 on: December 04, 2019, 10:51:41 AM »

Good opening!!!! Yea team!!!!
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #24432 on: December 04, 2019, 10:52:52 AM »

Collins said Nadler ignored that the founders of the United States were “really, really concerned about political impeachment — because you just don’t like the guy.”

Yep.  Good opening.

Yeah!  They just don't like the guy.  It isn't as if we had a week of public hearings and now have a 300 page report clearly making the case that Trump committed impeachable offenses.  So it must be personal. 

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #24433 on: December 04, 2019, 10:54:40 AM »

Didnt make the case at all.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #24434 on: December 04, 2019, 10:55:38 AM »

Good opening!!!! Yea team!!!!

Exactly

Plenty of good men and women have this leader's back.
Pages: 1 ... 1627 1628 [1629] 1630 1631 ... 4288