Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1628 1629 [1630] 1631 1632 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1583468 times)

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #24435 on: December 04, 2019, 10:58:22 AM »

heh

Chick wants a free ride on her college expenses.

And the already wealthy want more tax cuts.

And corporations want to pay less in regulations.

And GOP donors give money to campaigns because they want (and receive) $400 Million border contracts.

But when black folk favor a candidate that would benefit them financially, that can be dismissed as invalid.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #24436 on: December 04, 2019, 10:58:58 AM »

Didnt make the case at all.

LOL!

Thanks for your valuable opinion, Dumbass.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #24437 on: December 04, 2019, 10:59:53 AM »

Good opening!!!! Yea team!!!!

Exactly

Plenty of good men and women have this leader's back.
Plenty of good ones!!!!!
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24438 on: December 04, 2019, 11:01:06 AM »

Exactly

Plenty of good men and women have noses firmly lodged in this leader's back side.
fify
The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice with the palace has the brew that is true!

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #24439 on: December 04, 2019, 11:05:23 AM »

Exactly

Plenty of good men and women have this leader's back.

David Frum today on all the "good men and women" who support Trump:

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/12/all-the-presidents-crooks/602965/

The first House member to endorse Donald Trump, Chris Collins of New York, pleaded guilty to insider-trading charges on October 1, 2019.

The second House Trump endorser, Duncan Hunter of California, pleaded guilty to criminal misuse of campaign funds yesterday.

And the third?  The fourth?  The fifth?  And how is Nunes doing?

GOPers don't support Trump despite the corruption.  They support him because of the corruption. 

Good men?  ToddlerCarter8 couldn't be a better cartoon of a man wrong about everything if he was drawn by Garry Trudeau.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #24440 on: December 04, 2019, 11:32:16 AM »

I thought this cycle was a bit too early for her, as she hasn't been on the national scene long.  So as an introduction to a young up-and-comer, this campaign was reasonably successful for her (much more so than for Cory Booker for example, who seemed mostly out of his depth).

Disagree.  Booker has done well. 
You can’t be following the democrat race.
A year ago CNN  ranked Booker ahead of Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders, not to mention Pete Buttigieg, who didn’t even make the list. Now he finds himself  trailing Tulsi Gabbard, Tom Steyer, and Andrew Yang in both Iowa and New Hampshire. If his polls numbers don’t reach 4 in the next week he is off the December 19th debate and  done. When he ran for mayor of Newark he enjoyed Wall Street support, backed school vouchers, even endorsed Chris Christie’s effort to cut health and retirement benefits for teachers and other state workers.
He also notably called on  Obama’s campaign to “stop attacking private equity” .
Now he is scared to challenge the looney left and winds up with no following because no one has an idea who he really is.

« Last Edit: December 04, 2019, 11:35:03 AM by REDSTATEWARD »

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #24441 on: December 04, 2019, 11:38:28 AM »

I thought this cycle was a bit too early for her, as she hasn't been on the national scene long.  So as an introduction to a young up-and-comer, this campaign was reasonably successful for her (much more so than for Cory Booker for example, who seemed mostly out of his depth).

A year ago CNN  ranked Booker ahead of Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders, not to mention Pete Buttigieg, who didn’t even make the list. Now he finds himself  trailing Tulsi Gabbard, Tom Steyer, and Andrew Yang in both Iowa and New Hampshire. If his polls numbers don’t reach 4 in the next week he is off the December 19th debate and  done. When he ran for mayor of Newark he enjoyed Wall Street support, backed school vouchers, even endorsed Chris Christie’s effort to cut health and retirement benefits for teachers and other state workers.
He also notably called on  Obama’s campaign to “stop attacking private equity” .
Now he is scared to challenge the looney left and winds up with no following because no one has an idea who he really is.

Did you read the Atlantic article you cribbed all this from after googling "Cory Booker Blew It" so that you could respond to my post or did you read this a week ago and decide now was the time to plagiarize it?

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #24442 on: December 04, 2019, 11:43:59 AM »

Red's ongoing plagiarism is a black mark for this forum.  Can he be suspended?
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #24443 on: December 04, 2019, 11:47:31 AM »

heh

And GOP donors give money to campaigns because they want (and receive) $400 Million border contracts.

But when black folk favor a candidate that would benefit them financially, that can be dismissed as invalid.

So you favor all college debt being forgiven?  Who the fuck do you think you are?

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #24444 on: December 04, 2019, 11:51:17 AM »

heh

So you favor all college debt being forgiven?  Who the fuck do you think you are?

For a start, ToddlerCarter8, I'm someone who has actually read Warren's proposals for college debt.

Dumbass.

barton

« Reply #24445 on: December 04, 2019, 11:52:00 AM »

heh

Who the fuck does he have to be?  I will take notes.  Don't want to show up for the quiz on Friday without knowing who the fuck I need to be to have opinions. 

barton

« Reply #24446 on: December 04, 2019, 11:58:14 AM »

Collins said Nadler ignored that the founders of the United States were “really, really concerned about political impeachment — because you just don’t like the guy.”

Yep.  Good opening.

Google "sophistry" sometime.  The old political trick of implying that any reasoned objection to a leader's job performance, ethics, and character is really just blind animus based on emotion -- it's a classic!  The thing is, once you understand that it's completely devoid of any logic or truth, then it no longer works on you.  An inoculation against such sophistry would do you a world of good.  Free your mind. 

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #24447 on: December 04, 2019, 12:00:53 PM »

Gerhart is mistaken.  He says all impeached officials have not gotten what they wanted - they have been caught.  Not so with Johnson, I dont believe.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #24448 on: December 04, 2019, 12:17:20 PM »

Did you read the Atlantic article you cribbed all this from after googling "Cory Booker Blew It" so that you could respond to my post or did you read this a week ago and decide now was the time to plagiarize it?
LOL!!
Booker must not pay attention to voting trends. Ron DeSantis won the Florida Governor’s race by backing school choice which attracted a lot of votes from black women which helped considerably in a close race.  Booker not only won’t stand up for what he once won elections on he meekly genuflects in front of the AOC wing of the party.
Kamala Harris did the same, and Michael Bloomberg says he “ made a mistake” in successfully battling crime as Mayor of New York.
When the Impeachment farce fizzles out you are going to have to start looking at just who the dems are left with.
Or maybe that’s why you’d rather go all in on Impeachment.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #24449 on: December 04, 2019, 12:23:33 PM »

So, what is it you wish to get from all this?  And what would be the minimum acceptable?
Pages: 1 ... 1628 1629 [1630] 1631 1632 ... 4288