Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1650 1651 [1652] 1653 1654 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1595762 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #24765 on: December 09, 2019, 11:13:25 AM »

Just shut the fuck up you racist asshole.

I hear they are doing things to your liking in France

Macron Bleu'!

LarryfromParry can be your new handle

heh

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #24766 on: December 09, 2019, 11:22:38 AM »

You know Bo lives in Shanghai, right?    

Not really sure he actually does.  After all I haven't seen his support for Jimo Dashen.

That's Greek to me.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

barton

« Reply #24767 on: December 09, 2019, 11:29:29 AM »

Fascinating to me that a polled drop in interest in the impeachment proceedings in the House is conflated with a drop in support of impeachment.  Those are two different things.  The former does not imply the latter. 

As for "fake news," we are talking about what is essentially a legal proceeding in the House, where matters of public record are aired.  It's just news.  The fakery lies only in what the self-deluded choose as a soothing interpretation.

Making it all about personality is what people do when the facts don't really support their position.  Being a troll means never acknowledging those facts. 

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #24768 on: December 09, 2019, 11:32:33 AM »

Well, Barton - there are your "facts" and "verifiable facts"

The latter might get you the overthrow of the current leader that you seek.  As with Nixon.

Do you really think this is where we are headed?

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #24769 on: December 09, 2019, 11:32:55 AM »

Just shut the fuck up you racist asshole.

I hear they are doing things to your liking in France

Macron Bleu'!

LarryfromParry can be your new handle

heh

I hear they did things to your liking in the Heaven’s Gate group led by Marshall Applewhite.

Conservatives in 2019 are in thrall to a personality cult dedicated to the religion of whiteness.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #24770 on: December 09, 2019, 11:34:32 AM »

I dont know why you think I would have that answer - or why you think you do.  But if you go by history - and believe in the American process - and Trump did act criminally, then you have to believe that like with Nixon, Republican senators will flip in great enough numbers for your desired result.

The Nixon example doesn’t prove what you think it does.  Republicans only turned on Nixon a few weeks before it was all over, after the transcripts of the “smoking gun” tape became available (transcripts which became available only after congressional testimony of a WH aide, and after Nixon Admin initially fought a subpoena for those tapes.)

I’m no Nixon scholar, but were the contents of those tapes more damning than any of this?

Was there a 'quid pro quo?' 'The answer is yes.

“I would like you to do us a favor though…”

”Get over it!”

I doubt it. 

Evidence of Trump’s criminality is out there, a matter of public record.  And to top it off he is defying subpoena’s and openly obstructing the congressional investigation into his actions, just as Nixon did.

Nixon Impeachment vs. Trump’s only proves how far Republicans have fallen, and how the extreme partisanship promoted and nurtured by Conservatives in American Politics is a threat to our Democracy.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #24771 on: December 09, 2019, 11:38:25 AM »

Well, Barton - there are your "facts" and "verifiable facts"

Facts are facts. There aren't different kinds, and they don't belong to any one partisan faction.

If you can dispute the facts as presented by barton, myself, or anyone else re: Trump impeachment have at it.  Enlighten us.  Tell us why they are not fact.

You haven't, because you can't.  And calling facts "fake" only because you don't like them, that makes you a troll, toddler.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #24772 on: December 09, 2019, 12:24:16 PM »

You haven't, because you can't.  And calling facts "fake" only because you don't like them, that makes you a troll, toddler.

And just in case there was still any question if Congressional Republicans could do better, they just put up a sign with a graphic of a milk carton with Adam Schiff's picture on it in today's hearing. 

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24773 on: December 09, 2019, 12:25:49 PM »

Many people's assessment. Including some who have left the administration

Egg throwers?  Not so much.  But you wouldn't expect praise from opposition extremists

EXTREMISTS!!

Yes.  Your group.  You say you are a proud American but cannot act like it because the President's personality has you all fucked in the head.
Consider the possibility that loving your country and supporting a President are.two different things. And that the current president is getting his due.

Do you think there is any such thing as FAKE NEWS?
Not as Trump views it.
There was not a needy person among them, for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the proceeds of what was sold and laid it at the apostles' feet, and distribution was made to each as any had need.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24774 on: December 09, 2019, 12:27:18 PM »

Egg throwers?  Not so much.  But you wouldn't expect praise from opposition extremists

EXTREMISTS!!

Yes.  Your group.  You say you are a proud American but cannot act like it because the President's personality has you all fucked in the head.
Consider the possibility that loving your country and supporting a President are.two different things. And that the current president is getting his due.

Yes.

Getting his due = serving his (first) term

Trust the process.
Getting his due = impeachment for repeated high crimes and misdemeanors.

Trust the process.
There was not a needy person among them, for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the proceeds of what was sold and laid it at the apostles' feet, and distribution was made to each as any had need.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #24775 on: December 09, 2019, 01:11:52 PM »

The Nixon example doesn’t prove what you think it does.  Republicans only turned on Nixon a few weeks before it was all over, after the transcripts of the “smoking gun” tape became available (transcripts which became available only after congressional testimony of a WH aide, and after Nixon Admin initially fought a subpoena for those tapes.)

I believe Nixon resigned right about NOW in the Trump process.  After judiciary.....Before any official House vote.  When it was made clear to him that not near enough senators would support him WHEN, not if it got to the Senate.  3 of the 5 articles had moved forward, with republicans crossing on the 3 amd some Dems voting nay on the other 2.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #24776 on: December 09, 2019, 01:12:37 PM »

EXTREMISTS!!

Yes.

Getting his due = serving his (first) term

Trust the process.
Getting his due = impeachment for repeated high crimes and misdemeanors.

Trust the process.

I do.  Even when it is misapplied.

There are enough checks on the misappliers

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #24777 on: December 09, 2019, 01:27:29 PM »

I believe Nixon resigned right about NOW in the Trump process.  After judiciary.....Before any official House vote.  When it was made clear to him that not near enough senators would support him WHEN, not if it got to the Senate.  3 of the 5 articles had moved forward, with republicans crossing on the 3 amd some Dems voting nay on the other 2.

Leaving aside the faults in your parallel re: the timing, so what?  Anything in the above that you think contradicts my post?

The evidence of Trump's criminality and obstruction is just as stark as the evidence of Nixon's was.  This disputes, does not support, the point you tried to make.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #24778 on: December 09, 2019, 01:41:58 PM »

Barr trying to make up for the fact that his investigation of the investigators is actually just reminding Americans that there was good reason to look into the ties between the Trump Campaign and Russia’s election interference (good timing!) by releasing a statement that dissolves any illusion that he is not a biased actor who will lie to defend his boss.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24779 on: December 09, 2019, 02:32:19 PM »

Since trump released his tax and financial info and enacted bipartisan election security measures, he probably hasn’t committed crimes in these areas.

He did neither?

Getting his due = Republicans shoot him in the middle of fifth avenue and and no one gets convicted.

Trust the process.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 1650 1651 [1652] 1653 1654 ... 4288