Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1655 1656 [1657] 1658 1659 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1594473 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #24840 on: December 10, 2019, 08:12:39 AM »

TWO articles of impeachment expected to be handed down at 9 am this morning

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #24841 on: December 10, 2019, 09:42:27 AM »

Yeah, we need “more research” because if we keep ‘researching’ all the vets afflicted by Agent Orange will just die off.

https://amp.modbee.com/news/local/article237996174.html?__twitter_impression=true
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #24842 on: December 10, 2019, 10:00:17 AM »

Hearing a motion to dismiss is quite possible after this gets out of the House

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #24843 on: December 10, 2019, 10:03:28 AM »

A dismissal would help the Democrats more than a trial and acquittal.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

barton

« Reply #24844 on: December 10, 2019, 10:14:49 AM »

Quite possible.

In 1974, the GOP was a party.   It is now a cult.   So none of this matters.   Thanks to the Kochs et al, a far-right cabal took over the GOP,  and members were programmed to believe anything they hear from officials and from Faux News, a lot of long-debunked economic and social theories.  With a dollop of theocracy.   Of course Trump won't be convicted.   A dismissal will just eliminate the sham that a Senate trial would be (a sham in the sense that most GOP senators will only pretend to hear evidence and pretend to consider it).   The real question is how many independent voters have drunk the Fox/Koch/Trump tea-flavored koolaid.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #24845 on: December 10, 2019, 10:28:23 AM »

Quite possible.

In 1974, the GOP was a party.   It is now a cult.   So none of this matters.   Thanks to the Kochs et al, a far-right cabal took over the GOP,  and members were programmed to believe anything they hear from officials and from Faux News, a lot of long-debunked economic and social theories.  With a dollop of theocracy.   Of course Trump won't be convicted.   A dismissal will just eliminate the sham that a Senate trial would be (a sham in the sense that most GOP senators will only pretend to hear evidence and pretend to consider it).   The real question is how many independent voters have drunk the Fox/Koch/Trump tea-flavored koolaid.
I seriously doubt you have ever done any research on the Kochs.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #24846 on: December 10, 2019, 10:34:41 AM »

Quite possible.

I’ve done quite a bit.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #24847 on: December 10, 2019, 10:38:44 AM »

uhh.....okay

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #24848 on: December 10, 2019, 10:40:56 AM »

uhh.....okay
I'm just parroting what the Senate GOP previously told Trump.  You disagree?  It's "your" party. 
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #24849 on: December 10, 2019, 10:42:56 AM »

The posturing begins in Elba

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #24850 on: December 10, 2019, 10:45:07 AM »

uhh.....okay
I'm just parroting what the Senate GOP previously told Trump.  You disagree? It's "your" party.

I said okay.  Gave you the benefit.

Goes with the line of thinking that Dems IMPEACHED to score election points, not to remove this leader.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #24851 on: December 10, 2019, 10:45:57 AM »

You really are a dumbass.  I've been saying from Day 1 that impeachment was a bad idea for the Democratic Party.   I used more than 280 characters a couple of times, so I guess you missed it. 

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #24852 on: December 10, 2019, 10:46:24 AM »

Quite possible.

I’ve done quite a bit.

The puppet answers.

You guys are a good act.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #24853 on: December 10, 2019, 10:49:47 AM »

You really are a dumbass. I've been saying from Day 1 that impeachment was a bad idea for the Democratic Party.   I used more than 280 characters a couple of times, so I guess you missed it.

Why do you think anyone would remember?  Your posts really dont have that impact here.

You're a decent chap, which is why people here seldom go at you.

You've just lost your way with some of us.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #24854 on: December 10, 2019, 10:51:33 AM »

In other words, I'm not a troll.  Serious question, Kid.  Do you have a college degree?
Pages: 1 ... 1655 1656 [1657] 1658 1659 ... 4288