Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1657 1658 [1659] 1660 1661 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1601750 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #24870 on: December 10, 2019, 02:05:27 PM »

TWO articles of impeachment expected to be handed down at 9 am this morning

So far.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24871 on: December 10, 2019, 02:07:08 PM »

A dismissal would help the Democrats more than a trial and acquittal.

In 1974, the GOP was a party.   It is now a cult.   So none of this matters.   Thanks to the Kochs et al, a far-right cabal took over the GOP,  and members were programmed to believe anything they hear from officials and from Faux News, a lot of long-debunked economic and social theories.  With a dollop of theocracy.   Of course Trump won't be convicted.   A dismissal will just eliminate the sham that a Senate trial would be (a sham in the sense that most GOP senators will only pretend to hear evidence and pretend to consider it).   The real question is how many independent voters have drunk the Fox/Koch/Trump tea-flavored koolaid.

The posturing begins in Elba

HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24872 on: December 10, 2019, 02:08:58 PM »

Your posts really dont have that impact here.

Says the self-admtted troll.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24873 on: December 10, 2019, 02:40:31 PM »

So far.
No, economical and clear with no real factual disputes. A stark choice: is this conduct ok?
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24874 on: December 10, 2019, 02:45:24 PM »

So far.
No, economical and clear with no real factual disputes. A stark choice: is this conduct ok?

I anticipate that there may be more coming.

barton

« Reply #24875 on: December 10, 2019, 02:51:50 PM »

That you're a contortionist. 

Yes, I've researched the Kochs.
No you haven’t.
No, the IG report didn't find political bias and it found the overall conclusions of Crossfire Hurricane were sound. 
Nopolitical bias? Crossfire Hurricane was correct?
LOL. Horowitz found Crossfire Hurricane never verified any of the Steele allegations against Carter Paige. Further Horowitz’s report showed political bias was sent to the FISA Court by the Clinton Campaign via the Steele Dossier  through the FBI
You've got nothing but snark and absurdities like "triumph for Nunes."
Nunes’long ago claims were proven true by the report. Facts.
Your Charles Boyer impression is spot on.

The report released Monday by inspector general Michael Horowitz did not find "documentary or testimonial evidence that political bias or improper motivation influenced the decisions" to open investigations that initially focused on campaign advisers...

The report also discredits the theory that the FBI used informants or undercover sources to “spy” on the Trump campaign prior to opening the investigation, and finds that the FBI did not rely on the Steele dossier — to open the investigation...

Nice try, Chucky Boy, eh?

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24876 on: December 10, 2019, 02:58:55 PM »

I hope you are right Josh. The financial record criminal road map needs to come to light detailing the epic tax evasion, fraud, money laundering, and embezzlement. That not only buries trump but burns the whole fascist payola farm down with him.

Kid is an interesting shit gibbon because the volume and degree of raw panic in his posts is a data point indicating how much shit GOP thinks it’s swimming in. The shit he flings sticks to himself, trump, his mob, and no one else. Pitiable but slightly informative in what he’s contorting not to say. It’s like finding a black hole by how it bends Vogon farts traveling through deep space, Kids posts being equivalent to Vogon farts which they are.

Red is too simple to be interesting. A Russian pushes a button and he sieg heils.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2019, 03:01:11 PM by facilitatorn »
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

barton

« Reply #24877 on: December 10, 2019, 03:05:18 PM »

No you haven’t.

You've read Jane Mayer's book, I presume?  No?  Did you grow up in Wichita, in a family of journalists who knew all about how dad Fred made his nut?  No?  Here, let me help you along.....

Fred Koch, the patriarch of the family, was an expert in building oil refineries, and he and a friend named William Rhodes Davis proposed building one in Germany during 1934, '35, that period in there. In 1933, Adolf Hitler became chancellor of the Third Reich in Germany, so this meant working under the Third Reich. And in order to get permission, they actually had to go to Hitler himself, and William Rhodes Davis did the "Heil Hitler" to greet Hitler, and finally they got Hitler to greenlight this proposal so that they could build an oil refinery in Hamburg....   

And the Hamburg Oil Refinery, built by the Winkler-Koch Co., became key, according to several German historians I talked to, to Hitler's war efforts. By the time they built it, it was already clear that Hitler had very major military ambitions, but one of the things he was unable to do was to refine high-octane oil for warplanes. What this plant did was create that capacity, and it eventually supplied much of the fuel that was needed for Hitler's Luftwaffe.

He was not a Nazi, and I certainly don't suggest that in the book, but what he was was an American businessman looking for a good deal, and he was looking all over the world to see how he could make some money. Oddly, and what's been known before, is before working under Hitler's Third Reich, Fred Koch had worked for Stalin, where — under Stalin's first five-year plan — Fred Koch helped build up the Russian, the Soviet oil refineries and really gave huge muscle to the oil industry in the Soviet Union....   

https://www.npr.org/2016/01/19/463565987/hidden-history-of-koch-brothers-traces-their-childhood-and-political-rise

I love the part about Charlie's and Fred Jr's nanny being a fervent Nazi.   Don't be stupid, be a smarty....

Also the part about stealing oil from Indian reservations.  Fine All-American boys!

facilitatorn

• View Profile
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #24879 on: December 10, 2019, 03:16:29 PM »

No you haven’t.
No, the IG report didn't find political bias and it found the overall conclusions of Crossfire Hurricane were sound. 
LOL. Horowitz found Crossfire Hurricane never verified any of the Steele allegations against Carter Paige. Further Horowitz’s report showed political bias was sent to the FISA Court by the Clinton Campaign via the Steele Dossier  through the FBI

The report released Monday by inspector general Michael Horowitz did not find "documentary or testimonial evidence that political bias or improper motivation influenced the decisions" to open investigations that initially focused on campaign advisers...

The report also discredits the theory that the FBI used informants or undercover sources to “spy” on the Trump campaign prior to opening the investigation, and finds that the FBI did not rely on the Steele dossier — to open the investigation...

That defines you.
I repeat

Horowitz found Crossfire Hurricane never verified any of the Steele allegations against Carter Paige. Further Horowitz’s report showed political bias was sent to the FISA Court by the Clinton Campaign via the Steele Dossier  through the FBI

Further.
Horowitz found:
The Steele dossier info James Comey called  salacious and unverified was allowed by Comey  to play a central role in seeking an FISA warrant;
17 errors or omissions in the FISA applications which investigators had no significant explanations for ;
The FBI withheld from the FISA court the fact that Carter Paige had served as an informant for the CIA and received a positive assessment and, even more egregious, an FBI lawyer altered an email
to read Paige was NOT a (CIA) source then used the altered email to renew a FISA warrant on Paige.

I could on but perhaps you should read the report for yourself.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #24880 on: December 10, 2019, 03:20:33 PM »

Quite possible.

In 1974, the GOP was a party.   It is now a cult.   So none of this matters.   Thanks to the Kochs et al, a far-right cabal took over the GOP,  and members were programmed to believe anything they hear from officials and from Faux News, a lot of long-debunked economic and social theories.  With a dollop of theocracy.   Of course Trump won't be convicted.   A dismissal will just eliminate the sham that a Senate trial would be (a sham in the sense that most GOP senators will only pretend to hear evidence and pretend to consider it).   The real question is how many independent voters have drunk the Fox/Koch/Trump tea-flavored koolaid.
I seriously doubt you have ever done any research on the Kochs.

I’ve done quite a bit.

The puppet answers.

You guys are a good act.

Wanna read my thesis on voter suppression? Some good stuff about the Koch’s and ALEC.

Or how about how their dad, Fred, helped build oil refineries for Nazi Germany?
Or he founded the John Birch Society?

White supremacists from waaay back. Your kind of folks, right?

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #24881 on: December 10, 2019, 03:22:44 PM »

Quite possible.

Yesterday the Dept. of Justice IG charged with looking into the origins of the FBI’s investigation of the Trump Campaign issued a report that had a very clear top line conclusion; while the FBI agents charged with justifying surveillance of the campaign made mistakes, those were not born out of any political bias, and that the investigation itself was properly predicated and justified.
LOL.
If anything the report is a triumph for Devin Nunes.  He was the one who first blew the whistle on FISA abuse confirmed in the report. Nunes correctly pointed out the dossier was as an "essential" part of applications, and FBI withheld info from FISA court.

“These aren’t 5he droids you’re looking for.”

“Stow it grandpa and get your ass out of the speeder!”
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #24882 on: December 10, 2019, 03:24:01 PM »

No you haven’t.

You've read Jane Mayer's book, I presume?  No?  Did you grow up in Wichita, in a family of journalists who knew all about how dad Fred made his nut?  No?  Here, let me help you along.....

Fred Koch, the patriarch of the family, was an expert in building oil refineries, and he and a friend named William Rhodes Davis proposed building one in Germany during 1934, '35, that period in there. In 1933, Adolf Hitler became chancellor of the Third Reich in Germany, so this meant working under the Third Reich. And in order to get permission, they actually had to go to Hitler himself, and William Rhodes Davis did the "Heil Hitler" to greet Hitler, and finally they got Hitler to greenlight this proposal so that they could build an oil refinery in Hamburg....   

And the Hamburg Oil Refinery, built by the Winkler-Koch Co., became key, according to several German historians I talked to, to Hitler's war efforts. By the time they built it, it was already clear that Hitler had very major military ambitions, but one of the things he was unable to do was to refine high-octane oil for warplanes. What this plant did was create that capacity, and it eventually supplied much of the fuel that was needed for Hitler's Luftwaffe.

He was not a Nazi, and I certainly don't suggest that in the book, but what he was was an American businessman looking for a good deal, and he was looking all over the world to see how he could make some money. Oddly, and what's been known before, is before working under Hitler's Third Reich, Fred Koch had worked for Stalin, where — under Stalin's first five-year plan — Fred Koch helped build up the Russian, the Soviet oil refineries and really gave huge muscle to the oil industry in the Soviet Union....   

https://www.npr.org/2016/01/19/463565987/hidden-history-of-koch-brothers-traces-their-childhood-and-political-rise

I love the part about Charlie's and Fred Jr's nanny being a fervent Nazi.   Don't be stupid, be a smarty....

Also the part about stealing oil from Indian reservations.  Fine All-American boys!
Let us all know when you get to Koch Industries that were taken over by Charles and David in 1983. and its subsequent investment strategies.
it might take more time that your hurried previous Google search.

barton

« Reply #24883 on: December 10, 2019, 03:24:58 PM »

Uh huh.   No one has denied that Horowitz found errors in the FISA app.   Doesn't invalidate the major findings of his report I just shared with you.  And which must chap your partisan ass, given how you're avoiding them.   

Oh, while you're here....another link to enlighten the Koch suckers....

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/dec/07/kochland-review-koch-brothers-pollution-congress-republicans

LARRY, see my (above a few posts) NPR link to the Jane Meyer interview.  Some good stuff on the Koch klan there.

(thanks to Oil can, who posted that couple days ago)

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #24884 on: December 10, 2019, 03:26:00 PM »

No you haven’t.

That defines you.
I repeat

Horowitz found Crossfire Hurricane never verified any of the Steele allegations against Carter Paige. Further Horowitz’s report showed political bias was sent to the FISA Court by the Clinton Campaign via the Steele Dossier  through the FBI

Further.
Horowitz found:
The Steele dossier info James Comey called  salacious and unverified was allowed by Comey  to play a central role in seeking an FISA warrant;
17 errors or omissions in the FISA applications which investigators had no significant explanations for ;
The FBI withheld from the FISA court the fact that Carter Paige had served as an informant for the CIA and received a positive assessment and, even more egregious, an FBI lawyer altered an email
to read Paige was NOT a (CIA) source then used the altered email to renew a FISA warrant on Paige.

I could on but perhaps you should read the report for yourself.

Lets get all the conspirators and witnesses that trump withheld, including his adult children and whatever Jared is, in front of Congress, under questioning by staff council, after an extensive discovery. That should get to the bottom of the matter.

Or we could ask trump and his supervisor. They’re both probably still in the White House after their Oval Office meeting today.

Since the 1990’s, trump has ridden Putin’s cock wherever he has gone, having no motive power inherent to himself.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 1657 1658 [1659] 1660 1661 ... 4288