Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1662 1663 [1664] 1665 1666 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1585200 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #24945 on: December 10, 2019, 10:21:58 PM »

Trump to sign order to interpret Judaism as a nationality

How far around the bend has Trump gone?

Sufficiently far that I think the danger he presents may have finally gotten to the point where even Ward can see it, even if Kid still can't.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/10/politics/trump-order-judaism-nationality/index.html
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24946 on: December 10, 2019, 11:12:23 PM »

Trump to sign order to interpret Judaism as a nationality

How far around the bend has Trump gone?

Sufficiently far that I think the danger he presents may have finally gotten to the point where even Ward can see it, even if Kid still can't.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/10/politics/trump-order-judaism-nationality/index.html

The more I read about this, the more bizarre it sounds.

He can't make Judaism a nationality without its being attached to a country. He cannot attach it to Israel, arbitrarily. There is no generic "Jewish world nation."

As an excuse for preventing BDS or other forms of discrimination against Israel, it fails miserably.

Jared's idea, theoretically, in which case he ought to be relieved of his position immediately and taken out of the loop on peace in the Middle East, as well.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24948 on: December 10, 2019, 11:49:07 PM »

The guy being investigated for corruption has to pay $2million over misuse of funds...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-paid-2-million-in-damages-ordered-by-judge-over-misuse-of-charity-funds-new-york-attorney-general-said/2019/12/10/2132645e-1b7e-11ea-b4c1-fd0d91b60d9e_story.html

The news here is not that he has to, but that he finally did pay it! And a ton of other money, as well.

Of course they are trying to spin it as being how charitble Trump is.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #24949 on: December 11, 2019, 08:56:29 AM »

The payments bring an end to the life of the Trump Foundation, which Trump started in 1987 to give away proceeds from his book “the Art of the Deal.”

Letitia

Shutting down charities

Nice

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24950 on: December 11, 2019, 09:27:44 AM »

The payments bring an end to the life of the Trump Foundation, which Trump started in 1987 to give away embezzle proceeds from his book “the Art of the Deal.”

Letitia

Shutting down charities scams

Nice

There. All fixed.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

barton

« Reply #24951 on: December 11, 2019, 09:58:55 AM »

The notion, I guess, is to have Title VI apply to anti-Semitism by an EO.  Bizarrre, yes, especially so soon after Trump invokes anti-Semitic stereotypes in a speech.  Is this EO an attempt to launder that ugliness?

Speaking at the Israeli American Council National Summit in Florida, Trump suggested that many of the attendees at the event are wealthy and in real estate, and that their wealth would guide their votes in the 2020 presidential election.
"A lot of you are in the real estate business because I know you very well. You're brutal killers, not nice people at all. But you have to vote for me, you have no choice," he said. The President also admonished some Jewish Americans for not loving Israel "enough."

Oy!

barton

« Reply #24952 on: December 11, 2019, 10:08:24 AM »

The payments bring an end to the life of the Trump Foundation, which Trump started in 1987 to give away proceeds from his book “the Art of the Deal.”

Letitia

Shutting down charities

Nice

Here are the facts of the matter, if you read farther...

In the 2000s, Trump began to use the charity in ways that benefited himself or his businesses, according to the attorney general’s lawsuit. He used the charity’s cash to buy paintings of himself and sports memorabilia and to pay $258,000 in legal settlements for his for-profit clubs.

Charity leaders are barred from using their nonprofits’ money for personal benefit.

Trump also used the charity to boost political campaigns — first, Pamela Bondi’s Florida attorney general campaign, and then his own 2016 campaign. Trump gave away Trump Foundation checks onstage at rallies, despite strict rules barring nonprofit charities from participating in political campaigns....   

Do you no longer believe in the rule of law, Kid?  What does it say about your leader that it takes a court order to get him to send his charity money to actual charities?   

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #24953 on: December 11, 2019, 10:17:45 AM »

Do you no longer believe in the rule of law, Kid? 

If he thinks it can be used as a club to hit Clinton or other Democrats, sure.

If its Trump or another Republican, no.  Fake News!

Same way he is fine if it is his football team that is doing the cheating.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #24954 on: December 11, 2019, 10:21:41 AM »

I have already stated my opinion.
So have the polls. Neither agree with the Judge.

Polling supports impeachment.

Polls also support the inquiry that the Trump Administration is obstructing.  But you really have no response for that either.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #24955 on: December 11, 2019, 10:31:36 AM »

It’s nice to see Carter Page look as shaken, broken, and worn down as Kid sounds defending his god-boss in his posts.

May hell rain on vexatious litigants who can’t remember to flush the toilet.

Page deserves an apology

Fuck Carter Page
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #24956 on: December 11, 2019, 10:36:12 AM »

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #24957 on: December 11, 2019, 10:41:02 AM »

The notion, I guess, is to have Title VI apply to anti-Semitism by an EO.  Bizarrre, yes, especially so soon after Trump invokes anti-Semitic stereotypes in a speech.  Is this EO an attempt to launder that ugliness?

It seems a ploy to attack/block the boycott-divestment movement.
Though I'm unclear how it would be applied.
That is, it is designed to benefit Israel, which has been a major Trump policy.  I don't think Trump is overly concerned about anti-Semitism or talking respectfully to Jews. 

Though it is possible that the Trumpeters want to make sure the nativism and racism they churn up is directed primarily at blacks and immigrants, Hispanics and Muslims, and that they go easy on the anti-semitism.   Just swap in Muslims for Jews.  You know Jews are mostly just like Christians, while ME Muslims are Semitic anyway . . .
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #24958 on: December 11, 2019, 10:45:24 AM »

I love this whole GOP feint that somehow being impeached and having his dirt exposed is going to redound to Trump's benefit. 

Overall, I think Nancy has been calm and cool, and highly calculating.  She's run rings around Trump when they've tangled.  She's a shrewd politician.

When we have a DEM Prez in 2020 and maybe a unified DEM Congress, don't forget to toast Pelosi.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 1662 1663 [1664] 1665 1666 ... 4288