Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1667 1668 [1669] 1670 1671 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1604956 times)

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #25020 on: December 12, 2019, 05:43:45 PM »

Seems that maybe REDSTATEWARD's judgement on Trump's impeachable offenses re: Ukraine may not be so reliable, considering he doesn't know what a Quid Pro Quo is.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #25021 on: December 12, 2019, 05:56:48 PM »

Seems that maybe REDSTATEWARD's judgement on Trump's impeachable offenses re: Ukraine may not be so reliable, considering he doesn't know what a Quid Pro Quo is.
I offered no judgement on Trump.
I stated (twice) that Nancy’s gifts are not
Quid pro quo! (albeit with a  wink, wink)
LOL.
Thanks for playing.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #25023 on: December 12, 2019, 06:19:57 PM »

I've been away from the Board and  feel I missed an opportunity to mention Red's tax cut earlier in the day.

Sorry. 
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #25024 on: December 12, 2019, 06:27:36 PM »

Good thread on the damage Trump's appeasement of Erdogan has done in just the last week:

https://twitter.com/brett_mcgurk/status/1205192716721639426

We only watch the news for the big stuff, but all of this matters.  Trump is aligning the US with bad actors (Erdogan far from the only case) and its very likely he is doing it at least in part for his personal financial benefit.

"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #25025 on: December 12, 2019, 06:29:02 PM »

I offered no judgement on Trump.
I stated (twice) that Nancy’s gifts are not
Quid pro quo! (albeit with a  wink, wink)
LOL.
Thanks for playing.

Your post made it clear you don't know what a Quid Pro Quo is.

Just like your previous post made it clear you don't know how to read polling.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #25026 on: December 12, 2019, 06:36:48 PM »

He claimed "eliminating it," Kid. Do you honestly believe that he would could do anything like it if reelected or is this bluster from you the same as it was from your party all the way along, as Mick Mulvaney admitted?

No - as I have said - it cant be accomplished.  And I dont think any presidential hopeful can make such a vow and be believed - since they don't really know the particulars.  Trump for instance ran into the underfunded military.  Immediately there was an ADD, rather than a subtract.  And of course so many things he would like to accomplish on the "subtract" side are not being agreed to

It's out nation - how it is set up - and in general works quite well.  We OWE.  But we prosper nevertheless.  And yeah - our kids and their kids will be fine - likely even better than us - as we have fared better than our parents.  Don't swallow the bait.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #25027 on: December 12, 2019, 06:38:12 PM »

I've been away from the Board and  feel I missed an opportunity to mention Red's tax cut earlier in the day.

Sorry.

Your immaturity is showing - stop lifting your skirt for attention.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #25028 on: December 12, 2019, 06:44:37 PM »

No.  Trump has made the claim that he wants to lower the debt.  And you are the one who believed him, even after it was clear that he was making no move in that direction.

heh

you need to stop

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25029 on: December 12, 2019, 06:46:19 PM »

Sorry.

Your immaturity is showing - stop lifting your skirt for attention.

Classic projection from pouty Kid.

No.  Trump has made the claim that he wants to lower the debt.  And you are the one who believed him, even after it was clear that he was making no move in that direction.

heh

you need to stop

Thank you for relinquishing cost as an objection to necessary programs like Medicare for All and the Green and Blue New Deals.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2019, 06:49:04 PM by facilitatorn »
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #25030 on: December 12, 2019, 06:46:59 PM »

Corps pay a minimum of 15% on profits.
No more zeroing out taxes.
That'd raise quite a few pennies.

You mean take away all the tax breaks Amazon gets, I take it ("Amazon pays ZERO!!!")

How would that change their company - and other companies approach to what they do?

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #25031 on: December 12, 2019, 06:51:46 PM »

heh

you need to stop

Need to stop pointing out your hypocrisy and stupidity?  No.  Its fun.

Back when Trump signed on to his first budget busting deal you claimed his promise to decrease the deficit was sincere, that he would be getting to it any day now.  Now that it is clear he couldn't care less, well, now kiidcarter8 doesn't either. 

And I'd really like to know where this idea comes from that our military was "under-funded."  What do you base that on, kiidcarter8?  Other than Trump told you it is?

Your arguments are such garbage.  Every one of them. 

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #25032 on: December 12, 2019, 06:55:46 PM »

You mean take away all the tax breaks Amazon gets, I take it ("Amazon pays ZERO!!!")

How would that change their company - and other companies approach to what they do?

Why do you think Amazon should make $12 Billion/year while reaping the benefits of a federally funded workforce, federally funded infrastructure, federally funded security, etc without paying anything for that?

You have to pay to reap those benefits, kiidcarter8. Why doesn't Amazon?

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #25033 on: December 12, 2019, 06:57:46 PM »

Why do you think Amazon should make $12 Billion/year while reaping the benefits of a federally funded workforce, federally funded infrastructure, federally funded security, etc without paying anything for that?

You have to pay to reap those benefits, kiidcarter8. Why doesn't Amazon?

Average Amazon warehouse worker makes a little over $24,000/yr which means Amazon is also leaning on government programs that allow their workers to live while they pay them so little.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #25034 on: December 12, 2019, 07:07:52 PM »

My kids' boycott of all things Amazon has made me have to work a little harder at shopping this year.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar
Pages: 1 ... 1667 1668 [1669] 1670 1671 ... 4288