Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1673 1674 [1675] 1676 1677 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1594908 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

oilcan

Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #25111 on: December 14, 2019, 03:30:14 PM »

:Trump winning undoing some of his major fuckups on China deal

FIFY

“This is a small deal, a pause in the trade conflict that will prevent further tariff escalation and offer some tariff rollbacks in exchange for Chinese purchase commitments and a reiteration of some modest economic reforms that were already underway,” Edward Alden, a trade scholar at the Council on Foreign Relations, told me. “It has been a lot of pain, on both sides, for very little gain.”

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #25112 on: December 14, 2019, 05:53:50 PM »

We still have a lot of homeless people here in California, it is a crisis, and it has been a serious crisis for years now.

Here are some thoughts on the Los Angeles County area...

There can be new retirement housing built in California City, for the elderly and for the disabled, they can have a book store, and restaurants, and a bowling alley, and a movie theatre, and golf, they can have everything that retired people want and need, and they can have a hospital, and a nursing center, and a pharmacy, etc, etc, etc, a grocery store with good fresh foods, etc.

Jobs can be created in Mojave, people can manufacture electric Jeeps in Mojave, etc, and people can manufacture solar panels in Mojave, and many things could be manufactured in Mojave.

Palmdale won contracts to build new bombers, etc, and people can train at AVC to get jobs assembling aircraft, etc. Also, Edwards won contracts to do some testing. People can train at AVC for whatever jobs come to the A.V..

For the drug addicts, and for the alcoholics, there can be camps in Acton, and in Lake Hughes, where people can do 90 day rehabilitation programs, they can do the 12 Step Programs at the camps.

We also need to support groups such as Homeboy Industries, and Chrysalis, etc.

For the foster children we need to support groups such as CASA of Orange County.

We also need more Mental Health Wellness Centers like the new one that is being built in Orange, where everything is right there, we need places where a mentally ill homeless person can show up and get all of the help that they need.

There is a lot that we can do. We need to help the homeless. And we lost 500,000 jobs to China, we need to create jobs for people. There is a lot that we need to do.

And people can also park travel trailers and motor homes in Acton, and in Lake Hughes, and in other areas, there needs to be more areas set up for motor homes and travel trailers.

Also, Los Angeles needs more HOSTELS like in Rome, Italy, where you can take a hot shower and where you can sleep in a comfortable bed for $15.00 per night. And Bed and Breakfast type places are great, we need more of those.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: December 14, 2019, 06:01:33 PM by FlyingVProd »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #25113 on: December 14, 2019, 06:06:12 PM »

And, yes, impeach McConnell.   

fokkkkkk youuuuuu....

kiidcarter8

• View Profile

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #25115 on: December 14, 2019, 06:46:06 PM »

Excellent video.

I have the feeling the first paragraph of your post is a quote?

Nah.
I travel the world, Belarus [it's just like you're walking around/travelling with the person], ... train up the west coast of America, train from Paris to Moscow. etc....from the comfort of my living room, love these smart tvs with YouTube access.
Yesterday I toured Washington DC...now there's one very scenic and interesting city.
Of course, I wasn't actually there in person...walking around with the person showing all is just as good, for me.
Go woke, go broke.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #25116 on: December 14, 2019, 07:11:32 PM »

Probably next year I'll visit Belarus (Europe's last dictatorship!) and Ukraine.
Maybe Moldova too, but that's probably too ambitious for one trip.  I always try to include too much.

Belarus just started an e-visa program earlier this year.
Before that it was a hassle to get a visa.  Needed an invite and such.
A lot of out-of-the-way and formerly difficult to visit countries have started to promote tourism.  Azerbaijan, Iran and Belarus are three I'm most aware of since I looked into gouing to them (and did go to Azerbaijan, a petro-dictatorship, but pretty organized and more interesting than expected.  Baku is cool).  Saudi Arabia just opened to tourism a few months ago.  I plan to get there as soon as perhaps next year.  It'd make a nice  winter vacation, probably combined with UAE.

Iran now has visa-free travel for Chinese and 50+ other countries.  And an e-visa program for another 60 countries.  Unfortunately Americans and Brits and Canadians have to go through a prolonged visa process that takes 2 months, and then are required to have a guide the whole time in Iran.  Iran a pretty diverse country geographically and ethnically (including Azeris and Kurds) and of course an impressive cultural history.  Would love to get there someday.   
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

barton

« Reply #25117 on: December 14, 2019, 10:42:35 PM »

fokkkkkk youuuuuu....

What a pity.  We could have had a real discussion of Mitch's conduct in the Senate.  I finally realize that the "Kid" part of your moniker is literally true.   And many of your posts are the cyber equivalent of sticking your fingers in your ears and shouting "lalalalala I can't hear you!  I'm not listening!"  God help us when you hit puberty.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25118 on: December 14, 2019, 11:12:57 PM »

fokkkkkk youuuuuu....

Because having him violate the constitution, too, doesn't bother you in the slightest, troll. We know that.

Neither he nor Graham are going to even bother to pretend they are being fair jurors. Nor will they be the last ones, to borrow a phrase.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #25119 on: December 14, 2019, 11:45:20 PM »

fokkkkkk youuuuuu....

Because having him violate the constitution, too, doesn't bother you in the slightest, troll. We know that.
Please explain the violation of the Constitution.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #25120 on: December 15, 2019, 12:36:35 AM »

fokkkkkk youuuuuu....

Please explain the violation of the Constitution.

Fuck you too, Sea lion! Somebody throw this bitch a herring.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #25121 on: December 15, 2019, 12:40:48 AM »

Drunk posting from Cancun, Mexico.

Baby girl jumping the broom this evening and I couldn’t be happier!
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #25122 on: December 15, 2019, 12:50:56 AM »

Congrats on your daughter!
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #25123 on: December 15, 2019, 03:15:26 AM »

Drunk posting from Cancun, Mexico.

Baby girl jumping the broom this evening and I couldn’t be happier!

A happy time, no doubt.

There's a movie on Netflix atm..."Jumping the broom". Never had I heard of it before.
Go woke, go broke.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #25124 on: December 15, 2019, 03:19:26 AM »

Probably next year I'll visit Belarus (Europe's last dictatorship!) and Ukraine.
Maybe Moldova too, but that's probably too ambitious for one trip.  I always try to include too much.

Belarus just started an e-visa program earlier this year.
Before that it was a hassle to get a visa.  Needed an invite and such.
A lot of out-of-the-way and formerly difficult to visit countries have started to promote tourism.  Azerbaijan, Iran and Belarus are three I'm most aware of since I looked into gouing to them (and did go to Azerbaijan, a petro-dictatorship, but pretty organized and more interesting than expected.  Baku is cool).  Saudi Arabia just opened to tourism a few months ago.  I plan to get there as soon as perhaps next year.  It'd make a nice  winter vacation, probably combined with UAE.

Iran now has visa-free travel for Chinese and 50+ other countries.  And an e-visa program for another 60 countries.  Unfortunately Americans and Brits and Canadians have to go through a prolonged visa process that takes 2 months, and then are required to have a guide the whole time in Iran.  Iran a pretty diverse country geographically and ethnically (including Azeris and Kurds) and of course an impressive cultural history.  Would love to get there someday.

You are a very brave person.
I would never ever set foot in any of those places.

America is bad enough, and it's a friendly place to visit, the good guys...still got the Black Aussie model girl locked up in immigration detention, summarily arrested and tossed in 'prison' even though she had a valid visa and was obeying all the terms of her court sentence.
How? Why?...because they can.

Now if that can happen to you in good guys USA, what chance in Iran, and all those other places?
As mrs bambu explained to me..."they can do whatever they like, their country".

No chance of them getting their hands on me, I'm staying home.
No chance of them setting me up with drugs and tossing me onto death row, as happened to British nurse David Chell.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/816589.stm

A British nurse charged with drug smuggling in Malaysia has been sentenced to death by hanging.
Father-of-two David Chell, 57, from Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire, was found guilty of possession of more than half a kilo of heroin.

Customs officers at Penang Airport in northern Malaysia say they found the drugs in Mr Chell's underwear.

But Mr Chell said one of the security officers produced the bag of heroin from underneath a cushion in the airport examination room where he was taken.
Mr Chell, who says the heroin was planted on him, is to appeal against the sentence.

#####

Ah yes, ye olde 'bag of heroin under the cushion' trick.

Mr Chell was lucky...his conviction was overturned on appeal...after he'd been on death row for more than a year.
He arrived safely back in Britain.
He was ex-military, tough.
I'm not ex-military, soft...I would not survive.

« Last Edit: December 15, 2019, 03:42:49 AM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.
Pages: 1 ... 1673 1674 [1675] 1676 1677 ... 4288