Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1687 1688 [1689] 1690 1691 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1997258 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #25320 on: December 20, 2019, 01:43:57 PM »

Another Boss move by the House Speaker

https://www.speaker.gov/newsroom/122019
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #25321 on: December 20, 2019, 01:57:07 PM »

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #25322 on: December 20, 2019, 01:59:55 PM »

Update - trend is waaaaay up

https://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/trump_administration/trump_approval_index_history

Another electoral landslide?

Well, Toddler, for starters, for there to be "another" landslide there would need to be a first one.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25323 on: December 20, 2019, 02:06:39 PM »

Landslide is trending the other way, despite Kid’s favorite push poller and propagandist burning their scant credibility to pull trump out of his historic loser category.

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/

Trump -8.5
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #25324 on: December 20, 2019, 02:19:09 PM »

I think the Christianity Today call for Trump's removal won't have a huge impact, but it may start some slow ripples going

I love how in his tweet pretending that he has ever once opened the cover of Christianity Today, the "president"* referred to it as "ET."

BTW, it should be said, that while I don’t know if Impeachment was the last straw or what, but considering we are talking about a guy who has cheated on all three of his wives, brags about grabbing women by the pussy and has been credibly accused of physical assault by almost two dozen women, hurls insults at the disabled and the deceased, separates families and cages children, and oh yeah who lies like a rug if Evangelicals are finally ready to say yeah, this guy does not have the moral character to be President, well, Bravo.

Sucks that we cant have a president as good at his job as Trump while also being a great guy.  To this I agree - and also ask - which is more important?

Funny that JFK was such a fucking louse and a mediocre CIC yet is so revered.  Rebutt?

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #25325 on: December 20, 2019, 02:24:25 PM »

I think the Christianity Today call for Trump's removal won't have a huge impact, but it may start some slow ripples going

I love how in his tweet pretending that he has ever once opened the cover of Christianity Today, the "president"* referred to it as "ET."

BTW, it should be said, that while I don’t know if Impeachment was the last straw or what, but considering we are talking about a guy who has cheated on all three of his wives, brags about grabbing women by the pussy and has been credibly accused of physical assault by almost two dozen women, hurls insults at the disabled and the deceased, separates families and cages children, and oh yeah who lies like a rug if Evangelicals are finally ready to say yeah, this guy does not have the moral character to be President, well, Bravo.

Sucks that we cant have a president as good at his job as Trump while also being a great guy.  To this I agree - and also ask - which is more important?

Funny that JFK was such a fucking louse and a mediocre CIC yet is so revered.  Rebutt?

Only those who are in it for judges and tax breaks think Trumpmis doing a good job. The rest of you are cultists.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #25326 on: December 20, 2019, 02:26:22 PM »

From your faulty opening premise to your misspelling of "rebut," this post is a carnival of laughs.
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #25327 on: December 20, 2019, 02:30:09 PM »

The results are in on the analysis of trump’s letter to the speaker.

http://www.salon.com/2019/12/20/mental-health-professionals-read-trumps-letter-a-study-in-the-psychotic-mind-at-work/

Broken since childhood, a danger to us all, undoubtedly the worst president in history. Likely America’s most perverse public figure, narrowly beating out J. Edgar Hoover, who at least had better taste in evening wear.

facilitatorn

• View Profile

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #25329 on: December 20, 2019, 02:37:37 PM »

"Dorothy" seems to happy with her new man/arranged marriage...she hasn't run away.
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #25330 on: December 20, 2019, 02:50:16 PM »

Mega fire still burning, could be joining with another big fire to form a super-mega fire and advance on Sydney.
No rain, no hope...the dozens of major uncontained fires just keep on burning, ...more homes destroyed, fire fighters badly hurt and some fathers of toddlers dead [tree fell on the truck].
Volunteers, their families left with no husbands, no fathers, no income, no compensation, nothing.
It's a total outrage.
bambu volunteer for anything?  No!  especially after this reminder.
I'd want a 'million' dollars a day to risk my life fighting fires...any medical bills paid in full, $5m for any injuries sustained, and a $10m payout to my family if I were killed.

Fire fighters from America and Canada are arriving today to help...right into a 'furnace'...116F in Sydney's west today.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2019, 02:57:03 PM by bambu. »
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #25331 on: December 20, 2019, 02:54:03 PM »

Mega fire still burning, could be joining with another big fire to form a super-mega fire and advance on Sydney.
No rain, no hope...the dozens of major uncontained fires just keep on burning, ...more homes destroyed, fire fighters badly hurt and some fathers of toddlers dead [tree fell on the truck].
Volunteers, their families left with no husbands, no fathers, no income, no compensation, nothing.
I'd want a 'million' dollars a day to risk my life fighting fires...any medical bills paid in full, $5m for any injuries sustained, and a $10m payout to my family if I were killed.

What does No. 1 radio host have to say?

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #25332 on: December 20, 2019, 03:14:04 PM »

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25333 on: December 20, 2019, 03:16:48 PM »

Update - trend is waaaaay up

https://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/trump_administration/trump_approval_index_history

Another electoral landslide?

Well, Toddler, for starters, for there to be "another" landslide there would need to be a first one.
kiiiiid takes Trump at his own self assessment. Always.
A parrot bit me.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #25334 on: December 20, 2019, 03:19:49 PM »

What does No. 1 radio host have to say?

Probably what I just said....especially the volunteers and families bit.
Unfortunately he's off air at present, Christmas vacation, returns end of Jan.

It's Sat morn, that radio host is already agitating for RFS [Rural fire Service] volunteer fire fighters to be paid.
It's insurance they and their families need.

There are RFS volunteers making sandwiches etc, different and valuable work they do...that is not life-threatening.
Radio poll is 50-50 for payment of volunteers...the no-ideas are voting no.
There's plenty of money...everyone should be getting paid something.
Pages: 1 ... 1687 1688 [1689] 1690 1691 ... 4288