Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1688 1689 [1690] 1691 1692 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1997267 times)

oilcan

Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #25335 on: December 20, 2019, 03:22:07 PM »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #25336 on: December 20, 2019, 03:24:04 PM »

heh

oilcan

« Reply #25337 on: December 20, 2019, 03:28:18 PM »

Sucks that we cant have a president as good at his job as Trump while also being a great guy.  To this I agree - and also ask - which is more important?

Funny that JFK was such a fucking louse and a mediocre CIC yet is so revered.  Rebutt?

Aside from the false premise, who did you vote for in the 2016 primary?   Do I recall correctly that you had half a dozen choices that were of better character, temper, and job experience than Trump?   

oilcan

« Reply #25338 on: December 20, 2019, 03:35:30 PM »

"Our focus is on helping the folks who work in the mailrooms and the machine shops of America," he told supporters in the fall of 2017. "The plumbers, the carpenters, the cops, the teachers, the truck drivers, the pipe-fitters, the people that like me best."

In fact, more than 60% of the tax savings went to people in the top 20% of the income ladder, according to the nonpartisan Tax Policy Center. The measure also slashed the corporate tax rate by 40%.

"It will be rocket fuel for our economy," Trump promised.

Boosters of the tax cut insisted the economy would grow so fast, it would more than make up for the revenue lost to lower rates.

"The tax plan will pay for itself with economic growth," Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said.

It hasn't worked out that way.

"It was unbelievable at the time, and it's proven to be absolutely untrue," said Maya MacGuineas, president of the Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget. "The tax cuts were never going to — and have not — come anywhere close to paying for themselves."

Corporate tax revenues fell 31% in the first year after the cut was passed. Overall tax revenues have declined as a share of the economy in each of the two years since the tax cut took effect.   

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #25339 on: December 20, 2019, 04:19:24 PM »

Sucks that we cant have a president as good at his job as Trump while also being a great guy.  To this I agree - and also ask - which is more important?

Funny that JFK was such a fucking louse and a mediocre CIC yet is so revered.  Rebutt?

Aside from the false premise, who did you vote for in the 2016 primary?   Do I recall correctly that you had half a dozen choices that were of better character, temper, and job experience than Trump?

There WAS NO RACE at that point

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #25340 on: December 20, 2019, 06:27:04 PM »

Anaheim needs to retain ownership of Angel Stadium.

When you have a cow which is producing milk, and which will provide milk for future generations, you do not sell the cow. You keep the cow. Angel Stadium belongs to the people of Anaheim, and to future generations of citizens here in Anaheim, and Angel Stadium should not be for sale.

Sell the milk, keep the cow.

Salute,

Tony V.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #25341 on: December 20, 2019, 07:15:51 PM »

Yeah, but he was just kidding...

When your electoral strategy depends on fewer people voting it means you know your policies suck for most people.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump-adviser-gop-voter-suppression-poll-watching-2020_n_5dfd46c5e4b0843d35fc2322
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #25342 on: December 20, 2019, 07:23:45 PM »

Let's see you get the vote out then, fucker.  Shouldnt be too tough, with all the hatred.

Or maybe you are just in the extreme minority and don't realize it.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25343 on: December 20, 2019, 07:34:38 PM »

I think the Christianity Today call for Trump's removal won't have a huge impact, but it may start some slow ripples going

I love how in his tweet pretending that he has ever once opened the cover of Christianity Today, the "president"* referred to it as "ET."

Oh, how many people accused JFK of sexually assaulting them?

How many contractors did he stiff?

How many fraud convictions did he have against him and his businesses?

How many of his businesses did he have involved with the foreign governments that he was also involved with as president?

How closely did he work with Kruschev to undermine an ally and to villify our intelligence agencies?

You're a self-admitted troll and you act like it.

BTW, it should be said, that while I don’t know if Impeachment was the last straw or what, but considering we are talking about a guy who has cheated on all three of his wives, brags about grabbing women by the pussy and has been credibly accused of physical assault by almost two dozen women, hurls insults at the disabled and the deceased, separates families and cages children, and oh yeah who lies like a rug if Evangelicals are finally ready to say yeah, this guy does not have the moral character to be President, well, Bravo.

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #25344 on: December 20, 2019, 07:37:10 PM »

Went to the mall today, just got back.
At the mall I saw...

A mid twenties, not unattractive blonde woman, hands on hips, at the entrance to the mall, screaming abuse at her man. I was too far away to hear what she was saying, but I'll bet it wasn't kind.
He, about the same age, longish hair, T shirt, jeans, was just standing there.
He walked away thru the mall, she in pursuit, still shouting.
She threw some punches at him, he swayed back and avoided them.
He'd be better off with "Dorothy" as his woman, no way she'd treat him like that.

The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25345 on: December 20, 2019, 07:37:34 PM »

bambu volunteer for anything?  No!  especially after this reminder.
I'd want a 'million' dollars a day to risk my life fighting fires...any medical bills paid in full, $5m for any injuries sustained, and a $10m payout to my family if I were killed. 

Your selflessness and compassion for your fellow man, as ever, are a tribute to your upbringing and to humanity everywhere.

At least among selfish, self-absorbed assholes.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25346 on: December 20, 2019, 07:38:54 PM »

heh

People are suffering as a result of Trump's bogus promises.

Kid says, "heh."

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25347 on: December 20, 2019, 07:40:27 PM »

Let's see you get the vote out then, fucker.  Shouldnt be too tough, with all the hatred.

Or maybe you are just in the extreme minority and don't realize it.

Clinton +3,000,000 votes vs. Trump.

"Extreme minority," says Kid.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25348 on: December 20, 2019, 07:43:56 PM »

http://labor411.org/411-blog/trumps-tariff-debacle-continues-u-s-steel-announces-1500-layoffs-days-before-christmas/?fbclid=IwAR2AJmAlpadA7gyzB6VNRxl5VGL2dNfjyJ-rIkJbo2hJRZIRQ1NkTUEFCns

The Trump tariffs win again!

Boy, those steel workers are relieved to have the Deal Maker leading the country and saving their jobs!

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25349 on: December 20, 2019, 07:51:59 PM »

https://news.yahoo.com/pence-refuses-to-release-transcript-163826648.html

In the on deck circle, awaiting his turn at bat in the impeachment game, is Veep Mike Pence:
Vice President Mike Pence’s counsel has refused a request by House Democrats to release details of a classified phone call between Pence and Ukraine’s president in September, saying it “serves no purpose.”

Pence lawyer Matthew Morgan, in a letter obtained by Politico and The Hill on Wednesday, told House Intelligence Committee Chair Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) that there is no reason to declassify the Sept. 18 call because the impeachment inquiry into President Donald Trump’s dealings with Ukraine has concluded.

“At this point, the Intelligence Committee’s oversight authority is limited to those areas in which it may potentially legislate or appropriate,” Morgan wrote.
Pages: 1 ... 1688 1689 [1690] 1691 1692 ... 4288