Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1701 1702 [1703] 1704 1705 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1995855 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #25530 on: December 27, 2019, 05:36:13 PM »

News Item

Pay for the bottom 25% of wage earners rose 4.5% in November from a year earlier, according to the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta. Wages for the top 25% of earners rose 2.9%. Similarly, the Atlanta Fed found wages for low-skilled workers have accelerated since early 2018, and last month matched the pace of high-skill workers for the first time since 2010.

People are being held in concentration camps and children are dying in the custody of our government.

We are raising a generation of people who will hate us with good reason. You’ll call them terrorists.

But your investment are booming so it’s all good, right?
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #25531 on: December 27, 2019, 05:45:12 PM »

Move.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #25532 on: December 27, 2019, 05:57:43 PM »

News Item

Pay for the bottom 25% of wage earners rose 4.5% in November from a year earlier, according to the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta. Wages for the top 25% of earners rose 2.9%. Similarly, the Atlanta Fed found wages for low-skilled workers have accelerated since early 2018, and last month matched the pace of high-skill workers for the first time since 2010.

People are being held in concentration camps and children are dying in the custody of our government.

We are raising a generation of people who will hate us with good reason. You’ll call them terrorists.

My post had nothing to do with “ my investments.”
It focused on  the job market and the increase in wages for those in low skilled positions which is the best since the end of the recession ten years ago. A situation that will be even more attractive to immigration.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25533 on: December 27, 2019, 05:58:00 PM »

Move.
You move if you do not like dissent or people advocating for a more just government.  If all you want is the protection of business, plenty of countries to choose from.
A parrot bit me.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #25534 on: December 27, 2019, 06:28:42 PM »

You just described a weath redistribution plan.

No one is born with wealth or hatred. These things are distributed As we go. We need to do a better job at both.
I favor distributing all of our hatred to some place irrelevant. Like Australia.

I am not surprised but I would think that if fires were breaking out all around me, I would log off and maybe try to help somewhere and not hide under a rock or in a hole in the ground.

And great to see a modern day Malthus from a continent with, what 20 million people, explaining "overpopulation"  to the rest of Elba. Cue up the Doobie Brothers's "what a fool believes......"

I would never live where fires could break out all around me.
Wait a minute, I kinda do now.

I'm the guy who "runs away", remember...the 'leave early' guy. The "The house is insured, grab the dog, grab the bag of valuables, we're outta here!" guy. I'd be off to Sydney to live in a motel by the sea until it was all over.
People wanna stay and fight 70' high flames with garden hoses, their choice.
"It's now too late to leave, take shelter indoors"...no thank you.

Oh, and I'm not a Good Samaritan who chases people who push women/men over at ATMs and steal their cash and handbags.
I would help the person robbed though.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2019, 06:30:14 PM by bambu. »
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

barton

« Reply #25535 on: December 27, 2019, 06:33:33 PM »

Kid's a patriot.  Anyone who doesn't value their one-third gopher is unAmerican and should be deported.   

Remember how we all swore an oath of uncritical loyalty to Donald Trump at the local Ministry of Truth office in November 2016?  What's wrong with people?   

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #25536 on: December 27, 2019, 06:33:41 PM »

Dude - that's what u think I like about Trump - that he protects businesses?
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #25537 on: December 27, 2019, 06:47:40 PM »

I had you pegged for his racism, misogyny and xenophobia.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #25538 on: December 27, 2019, 06:48:47 PM »

News Item

It focused on  the job market and the increase in wages for those in low skilled positions which is the best since the end of the recession ten years ago. A situation that will be even more attractive to immigration.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-12-27/world-s-richest-gain-1-2-trillion-as-kylie-baby-sharks-prosper

Lyndon Johnson

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #25539 on: December 27, 2019, 06:57:57 PM »

Just opened the newspaper online to discover that guys and gals downunder are getting wiser...

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/residents-flee-blue-mountains-town-ahead-of-heatwave/news-story/3bfc15f5b6e0e5a4c3cfc0109308c6e9

Residents flee Blue Mountains town ahead of heatwave

Residents in the Blue Mountains town of Bowen Mountain are holding onto their most precious belongings as they prepare to flee — with fire conditions expected to worsen next week. What would you take?

Baby books, passports, new Christmas presents and paintings belonging to great grandparents — these are just some of the treasured items being held closely by the locals in Bowen Mountain as the Gospers Mountain inferno stalks their backyard.

The tight-knit community in Sydney’s northwest — which has only one route in and out — is at the footsteps of the mega blaze that has already destroyed 500,000ha of land and locals say, staying to fight is not an option.

#####

1 hectare = 2.47 acres.

The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #25540 on: December 27, 2019, 07:05:45 PM »

News Item

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-12-27/world-s-richest-gain-1-2-trillion-as-kylie-baby-sharks-prosper

If you have money, it's easy to make more.

Got $500m...3% interest...doing nothing, you make plenty more.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #25541 on: December 27, 2019, 07:21:56 PM »

Not solely, that was the context. I think his racism and misogyny and cruelty to the most vulnerable are more important as to why you support him.
A parrot bit me.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #25542 on: December 27, 2019, 07:24:52 PM »

News Item

Then nominate Bernie or Lizzie.
I pray that you do.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #25543 on: December 27, 2019, 07:44:37 PM »

News Item

Then nominate Bernie or Lizzie.
I pray that you do.
Both lead Trump in current polling. Remember much of dynamic that increased his polling in 2016, like rallying around the nominee, or.being by far the less disliked among those who disliked both candidates, are not necessarily in his favor.in 2020.
A parrot bit me.

oilcan

« Reply #25544 on: December 27, 2019, 08:00:10 PM »

I like David Brooks' observation that mayor Pete is an old person's idea of a young person.  The party Left and its growing Millennial segment aren't all that interested in him, but the older moderates (who really turn out in Iowa and NH) somehow see him as the embodiment of youth and change.  My hope is that Iowans start waking up to the power of Amy, who is actually about change and refining the Art of the Possible.   After the last debate, I'm starting to see her as a solid, if less flashy, candidate.   It helped my perception that Warren, in that debate, seemed a bit unhinged.   
Pages: 1 ... 1701 1702 [1703] 1704 1705 ... 4288