Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1702 1703 [1704] 1705 1706 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1995791 times)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #25545 on: December 27, 2019, 08:04:28 PM »

I like David Brooks' observation that mayor Pete is an old person's idea of a young person.  The party Left and its growing Millennial segment aren't all that interested in him, but the older moderates (who really turn out in Iowa and NH) somehow see him as the embodiment of youth and change.  My hope is that Iowans start waking up to the power of Amy, who is actually about change and refining the Art of the Possible.   After the last debate, I'm starting to see her as a solid, if less flashy, candidate.   It helped my perception that Warren, in that debate, seemed a bit unhinged.
I am Team Amy away well. I admire the inventiveness and.Get It Done attitude of anyone willing to improvise a comb as a dining utensil. Plus, the only time she went.golfing she killed a duck.
A parrot bit me.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #25546 on: December 27, 2019, 08:28:49 PM »

News Item

Pay for the bottom 25% of wage earners rose 4.5% in November from a year earlier, according to the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta. Wages for the top 25% of earners rose 2.9%. Similarly, the Atlanta Fed found wages for low-skilled workers have accelerated since early 2018, and last month matched the pace of high-skill workers for the first time since 2010.

People are being held in concentration camps and children are dying in the custody of our government.

We are raising a generation of people who will hate us with good reason. You’ll call them terrorists.

But your investment are booming so it’s all good, right?
My post had nothing to do with “ my investments.”
It focused on  the job market and the increase in wages for those in low skilled positions which is the best since the end of the recession ten years ago. A situation that will be even more attractive to immigration.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-12-27/world-s-richest-gain-1-2-trillion-as-kylie-baby-sharks-prosper
Then nominate Bernie or Lizzie.
I pray that you do.
Both lead Trump in current polling.
But trail Biden. I think democrats understand the party can’t survive with either Bernie or Lizzie leading the ticket.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25547 on: December 27, 2019, 08:54:10 PM »

News Item

Pay for the bottom 25% of wage earners rose 4.5% in November from a year earlier, according to the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta. Wages for the top 25% of earners rose 2.9%. Similarly, the Atlanta Fed found wages for low-skilled workers have accelerated since early 2018, and last month matched the pace of high-skill workers for the first time since 2010.

People are being held in concentration camps and children are dying in the custody of our government.

We are raising a generation of people who will hate us with good reason. You’ll call them terrorists.

It focused on  the job market and the increase in wages for those in low skilled positions which is the best since the end of the recession ten years ago. A situation that will be even more attractive to immigration.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-12-27/world-s-richest-gain-1-2-trillion-as-kylie-baby-sharks-prosper
I pray that you do.
But trail Biden. I think democrats understand the party can’t survive with either Bernie or Lizzie leading the ticket.
No, I think they believe Biden is the best choice, but not the only one who can beat Trump. I think Trump's best chance is to make the Dem as unpopular as possible and.rely on his supporter's enthusiasm. Warren and Sanders are more vulnerable to that, which is far different from not survivable.
A parrot bit me.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #25548 on: December 27, 2019, 09:11:24 PM »

News Item

I pray that you do.
No, I think they believe Biden is the best choice, but not the only one who can beat Trump. I think Trump's best chance is to make the Dem as unpopular as possible and.rely on his supporter's enthusiasm. Warren and Sanders are more vulnerable to that, which is far different from not survivable.
Sanders and Warren carry the Progressive’s banner. Neither can win.   

barton

« Reply #25549 on: December 27, 2019, 09:12:29 PM »

Also a dot on the klobu-chart.  Amy, I think I could stay with you, for a while maybe longer if I do.  Hadn't heard about the duck.  I think the Elba forum needs to name the duck, posthumously.

Warren kind of lost me when I realized she has not much sense of humor.   She is earnestness incarnate, which is a trait I've noticed will win friends, but doesn't keep them.   It's not a long trip from earnest to unhinged. 

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #25550 on: December 27, 2019, 09:16:57 PM »

Also a dot on the klobu-chart.  Amy, I think I could stay with you, for a while maybe longer if I do.  Hadn't heard about the duck.  I think the Elba forum needs to name the duck, posthumously.

Warren kind of lost me when I realized she has not much sense of humor.   She is earnestness incarnate, which is a trait I've noticed will win friends, but doesn't keep them.   It's not a long trip from earnest to unhinged.

Unhinged? Because she doesn’t yuck it up?

You guys don’t seem to recognize how close our nation is to the precipice.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25551 on: December 27, 2019, 09:20:00 PM »

Trump is still on the run from his several primary challengers. The man projects weakness and little else.

A former special ed teacher has the most training and experience dealing with his kind of politics.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

barton

« Reply #25552 on: December 27, 2019, 09:29:44 PM »

Oh I do.  And that's why I'm paying attention to all those pesky little psychological factors that can sink an absolutely qualified and competent public servant.   If we repeat 2016, that will mos def be a step off the ledge.  And no, she didn't seem unhinged because of her seriousness, but because she was trying so hard to score.  I was actually a bit concerned for her in that last debate.   It's not something easy to put into words, but it just seemed to me that she got Manson Lamps there for a minute.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25553 on: December 27, 2019, 10:39:46 PM »

http://www.rawstory.com/2019/12/trumps-tariffs-backfired-leading-to-job-losses-and-higher-prices-federal-reserve-study/

55% of LV nationally want trump removed now for crimes he has committed very publicly vs. 40% who’d like to keep trump in place to loot and mislead the nation. The 5% not answering or unsure don’t make up the difference for the Putin-Antichrist ticket of the white nationalist party.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #25554 on: December 27, 2019, 11:15:48 PM »

Oh I do.  And that's why I'm paying attention to all those pesky little psychological factors that can sink an absolutely qualified and competent public servant.   If we repeat 2016, that will mos def be a step off the ledge.  And no, she didn't seem unhinged because of her seriousness, but because she was trying so hard to score.  I was actually a bit concerned for her in that last debate.   It's not something easy to put into words, but it just seemed to me that she got Manson Lamps there for a minute.

If we repeat 2016 we’ll get 3 million more votes but lose by 77K across three states thanks to 3rd party voters, voter suppression, Russian interference, the NYC FBI field office leaking info about Weiner’s computer to Rudy who teased to media so Comey felt he had to make a statement etc etc etc.

Americans always try and fight the last war and the last campaign.

What makes you think 2018 was a fluke?

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #25555 on: December 27, 2019, 11:59:40 PM »

Dude - that's what u think I like about Trump - that he protects businesses?
Not solely, that was the context. I think his racism and misogyny and cruelty to the most vulnerable are more important as to why you support him.

Is that right?  Well, have a nice life.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #25556 on: December 28, 2019, 12:03:56 AM »

http://www.rawstory.com/2019/12/trumps-tariffs-backfired-leading-to-job-losses-and-higher-prices-federal-reserve-study/

55% of LV nationally want trump removed now for crimes he has committed very publicly vs. 40% who’d like to keep trump in place to loot and mislead the nation. The 5% not answering or unsure don’t make up the difference for the Putin-Antichrist ticket of the white nationalist party.

So you have no worries then
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25557 on: December 28, 2019, 04:48:27 AM »

News Item

I think my fellow posters are being unfair about this information, Ward.

The wages' going up at a steeper clip at the bottom than the top is important! It's been doing it since 2014, under Obama...

That's good news for the 53 million Americans who work in low-wage jobs, who represent about 44% of the country's adult, working-age population, according to a study earlier this month from the Brookings Institution. Their median wage is $10.22 per hour, or about $18,000 annually. That's above the federal minimum wage of $7.25 an hour but well below what's considered the living wage for many regions.

So, if they keep increasing their earnings at 4.5%/year for a decade, they'll be making $27,954/year.
Meanwhile, if the top 25% keep getting their paltry 2.9% raise on $100,000/year, at the end of that same decade, they'll be making $133,093.

Oops! They'll see a bigger jump at the lower increase than the bottom quartermakes after 10 years of more growth.

So, sure, Ward, it's great that the increase is at a higher rate, but...it would need to be a whole lot more than that 4.9% to even touch the divide.

This? It just slows down the increase in the gap between the rich and the poor. It doesn't even stop it.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25558 on: December 28, 2019, 05:46:32 AM »

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/steelmagnificat/2019/12/11607/

Tell me again how these are not concentration camp?

The occupants of this camp in Louisiana were not allowed to sing  Christmas Carols.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #25559 on: December 28, 2019, 06:36:16 AM »

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/steelmagnificat/2019/12/11607/

Tell me again how these are not concentration camp?

The occupants of this camp in Louisiana were not allowed to sing  Christmas Carols.

They are supplied with food and shelter, do not do slave labor, and are not shoved into gas chambers. There are American citizens in all the sanctuary city areas forced to live in the streets because all affordable housing is taken up.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.
Pages: 1 ... 1702 1703 [1704] 1705 1706 ... 4288