Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1739 1740 [1741] 1742 1743 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1985274 times)

bambu.

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #26100 on: January 09, 2020, 02:27:58 PM »

Meanwhile, an American woman is said by many of the public to be "leading him around by the ……..'nose'" [imaginary ring thru].

http://www.msn.com/en-au/lifestyle/lifestyleroyals/what-meghan-wants-meghan-gets-royal-experts-on-the-sussexes/ar-BBYMz0S?li=AAgfLCP&OCID=AVRES000

#####

If that's what is happening, it wouldn't be the first time a woman has done that to a man.
Seems to be the case, what American women want, American women get.

Not only in America though;
One night, at a mall downunder, mrs bambu and I were walking around when we heard a pretty young woman say to the young man she was with;

"If you don't buy me that, I'll throw a tantrum".
« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 02:35:19 PM by bambu. »
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

barton

« Reply #26101 on: January 09, 2020, 02:32:48 PM »

What we need are fact-respecters who can also be street fighters - and that's a hard mix to find. 
As long as the “ facts” are in line with Barton’s “ facts”.

Thanks for the troll bait,  chum. 

barton

« Reply #26102 on: January 09, 2020, 02:34:25 PM »

The whole system of political ads as principal tool of a campaign rewards the mendacious.  All these kinds of analysis of the 2016 yield is:  be a better liar.  Winning is not virtue.  I think democracy is collapsing in the world because it's inherently flawed - most nations have no majority of informed citizens who will be swayed by facts and logic.  That's an illusion that political ruminators like us enjoy maintaining.  Most people just want to have a brand loyalty - they're consumers, not thinkers.

Trump was lying in all the Facebook ads?

Do tell us more.

If you haven't figured out that Trump was lying,  I doubt more facts will help you.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #26103 on: January 09, 2020, 02:36:11 PM »

U.S. Believes Ukraine Plane Was Shot Down by Iran
The U.S. has a ‘high level of confidence’ in the assessment, official says, while a second official says the downing may have been a mistake

Is this the intelligence community who were so biased and corrupt before or the ones we should have high confidence in now?
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

barton

« Reply #26104 on: January 09, 2020, 02:38:07 PM »

BTW, where the holy mother of fuck has Mike Lee been for the past three years?  Is it like he just dropped a moral compass pill two days ago?  Has he been in cryogenic storage?  What?

"I find it insulting and I find it demeaning to the Constitution of the United States," Lee said, adding, “It’s un-American. It’s unconstitutional. And it’s wrong. ... They are appearing before a coordinate branch of government responsible for their funding, for their confirmation, for any approval of any military action they might take. They had to leave after 75 minutes while they were in the process of telling us that we need to be good little boys and girls and not debate this in public. I find that to be absolutely insane.”
You miss the Tea Party?
Lee is the most conservative GOP Senator since 2011 with Libertarian nuances.
Look up his opinions of Climate Change and the Green New Deal.
Spoiler alert!  You won’t like them.

Of course he's conservative, dolt.   That was my rhetorical point.  Nobody in politics suddenly grows a conscience.   You need to pick up on irony.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #26105 on: January 09, 2020, 02:47:09 PM »

"Another day in fires hell" predicted for today...the Devil still doing his work.
It's taking a while to get rid of him.

Remember that town where the young pregnant woman and others refused to shake ScoMo's hand, and hurled verbal abuse at him when he visited after the fire there?
Visited to see, talk, listen and learn.

"There are now more people on the ground in uniforms etc than there are residents."
Cash being splashed [not only there but elsewhere].
HMAS Adelaide, huge supply ship, anchored offshore, supplies rolling in.

He came, He saw, He conquered. [Well, they probably still won't vote for him, buy hey...he moved to Canberra and took control.]
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26106 on: January 09, 2020, 02:57:52 PM »

The whole system of political ads as principal tool of a campaign rewards the mendacious.  All these kinds of analysis of the 2016 yield is:  be a better liar.  Winning is not virtue.  I think democracy is collapsing in the world because it's inherently flawed - most nations have no majority of informed citizens who will be swayed by facts and logic.  That's an illusion that political ruminators like us enjoy maintaining.  Most people just want to have a brand loyalty - they're consumers, not thinkers.

I am pretty sure "be a better liar" is spot on, as is "no majority of informed citizens," let alone "who will be swayed by facts and logic." The question is whether there are enough in that latter category to sway the election.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #26107 on: January 09, 2020, 03:41:38 PM »

Matthew 5:9

Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.

--------

May God bless us all.

Salute,

Tony V.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #26108 on: January 09, 2020, 03:51:11 PM »

BTW, where the holy mother of fuck has Mike Lee been for the past three years?  Is it like he just dropped a moral compass pill two days ago?  Has he been in cryogenic storage?  What?

"I find it insulting and I find it demeaning to the Constitution of the United States," Lee said, adding, “It’s un-American. It’s unconstitutional. And it’s wrong. ... They are appearing before a coordinate branch of government responsible for their funding, for their confirmation, for any approval of any military action they might take. They had to leave after 75 minutes while they were in the process of telling us that we need to be good little boys and girls and not debate this in public. I find that to be absolutely insane.”
You miss the Tea Party?
Lee is the most conservative GOP Senator since 2011 with Libertarian nuances.
Look up his opinions of Climate Change and the Green New Deal.
Spoiler alert!  You won’t like them.

Of course he's conservative, dolt.   That was my rhetorical point.  Nobody in politics suddenly grows a conscience.   You need to pick up on irony.
What’s the Irony?
Lee was a critic of Benghazi Intelligence. 
There are plenty of conservatives who question the intelligence bureaucracy of the Government.
In fact the Trump Administration has tuned the heat on the FBI and CIA since the election.
Where have you been?

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #26109 on: January 09, 2020, 04:00:26 PM »

Red's right.  The President has clearly stated that he prefers the intelligence provided by Putin to that of the intelligence provided by U.S. intelligence gathering agencies.
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #26110 on: January 09, 2020, 04:18:54 PM »

The shooting down of a commercial plane was a mistake. The peace loving Ayatollah will cut the hand off of the triggerman, sew up his lips and bury him in pig fat. It is so written.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26111 on: January 09, 2020, 04:47:37 PM »

Senator Mike Lee (R-UT), 2020:
“As I recall, one of my colleagues asked a hypothetical involving the Supreme Leader of Iran: If at that point, the United States government decided that it wanted to undertake a strike against him personally, recognizing that he would be a threat to the United States, would that require [congressional] authorization for the use of military force? The fact that there was nothing but a refusal to answer that question was perhaps the most deeply upsetting thing to me in that meeting.”
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #26112 on: January 09, 2020, 05:05:39 PM »

“As I recall, one of my colleagues asked a hypothetical involving the Supreme Leader of Iran: If at that point, the United States government decided that it wanted to undertake a strike against him personally, recognizing that he would be a threat to the United States, would that require [congressional] authorization for the use of military force? The fact that there was nothing but a refusal to answer that question was perhaps the most deeply upsetting thing to me in that meeting.”

Dead Ayatollahs, so sad. Peace-loving, freedom-loving, representatives of modernity. No death to Amerca celebrations, no more striving for nukes, no more jailings and deaths of street protesters. A regular Jimmy Carter.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #26113 on: January 09, 2020, 05:14:34 PM »

Chilling.
Isn’t it?

oilcan

« Reply #26114 on: January 09, 2020, 06:02:03 PM »

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jan/09/trump-jr-ivanka-trump-condos-scheme-book

Teach 'em to lie and defraud while they're young, and you've got grifters for life.

« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 06:36:38 PM by oilcan »
Pages: 1 ... 1739 1740 [1741] 1742 1743 ... 4288