Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1740 1741 [1742] 1743 1744 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1985278 times)

barton

Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #26115 on: January 09, 2020, 07:06:19 PM »

BTW, where the holy mother of fuck has Mike Lee been for the past three years?  Is it like he just dropped a moral compass pill two days ago?  Has he been in cryogenic storage?  What?

"I find it insulting and I find it demeaning to the Constitution of the United States," Lee said, adding, “It’s un-American. It’s unconstitutional. And it’s wrong. ... They are appearing before a coordinate branch of government responsible for their funding, for their confirmation, for any approval of any military action they might take. They had to leave after 75 minutes while they were in the process of telling us that we need to be good little boys and girls and not debate this in public. I find that to be absolutely insane.”
You miss the Tea Party?
Lee is the most conservative GOP Senator since 2011 with Libertarian nuances.
Look up his opinions of Climate Change and the Green New Deal.
Spoiler alert!  You won’t like them.

Of course he's conservative, dolt.   That was my rhetorical point.  Nobody in politics suddenly grows a conscience.   You need to pick up on irony.
What’s the Irony?

Lee isn't railing against the CIA.  He is,  after years of looking the other way on this administration's violations,  directing complaints of unconstitutional action at the Trump admin officials themselves.  He was angry that Trump administration officials had not provided more intelligence information during a briefing Wednesday.  You don't seem able to grasp that this sort of "awakening" is what happens when a state like Utah has more old school Repubs lighting up the switchboards and email queues.  It's tinged with irony because we know damn well that Paul and Lee (and now Todd Young, IN)  have been more than happy to fiddle while the admin burns down the rule of law and separation of powers.   Your deliberate obtuseness noted.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 07:11:15 PM by barton »

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #26116 on: January 09, 2020, 07:18:55 PM »

Figured he’d punk out.

“I want to be very clear, my comments yesterday did not take a position on the appropriateness of the attack that occurred. They were not condemning that; in fact, I acknowledged upfront that I’m willing to concede that they might well have been legally, morally, justifiable and fully constitutional.”

“I mentioned yesterday that it was probably the worst briefing I have ever seen on a military issue. The reason I qualify it that way is that the worst briefing I ever got in that room was on a slightly different issue back in 2012 right after the Benghazi attack, where we were told repeatedly by then Secretary of State Hillary Clinton that the attack on the Benghazi consulate was based on a reaction to a video, so, fortunately, this was not that.”

Sen. Mike Lee

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/01/09/exclusive-mike-lee-worst-classified-briefing-was-obama-benghazi-briefing/

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #26117 on: January 09, 2020, 07:20:48 PM »

Seems Iran doesn't want peace;

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/iranian-official-missile-attacks-will-carry-on-until-us-leave-the-middle-east/ar-BBYMJip?li=AAgfLCP&OCID=AVRES000

Iranian official: Missile attacks will carry on until US leave the Middle East

#####

Oh well...that's it...Iran just allowed to fire missiles at anyone and everyone it chooses, with impunity.
Charming.

The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26119 on: January 09, 2020, 08:29:03 PM »

Senator Mike Lee (R-UT), 2020:
“As I recall, one of my colleagues asked a hypothetical involving the Supreme Leader of Iran: If at that point, the United States government decided that it wanted to undertake a strike against him personally, recognizing that he would be a threat to the United States, would that require [congressional] authorization for the use of military force? The fact that there was nothing but a refusal to answer that question was perhaps the most deeply upsetting thing to me in that meeting.”

Dead Ayatollahs, so sad. Peace-loving, freedom-loving, representatives of modernity. No death to Amerca celebrations, no more striving for nukes, no more jailings and deaths of street protesters. A regular Jimmy Carter.

You support killing the leaders of countries with whom you disagree.

Why do I think you would object to their following the same principle?

And... it was our doing exactly that that got us and Iran in so much trouble to start with! Nor did our efforts in that direction serve us well in Cuba.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 08:31:55 PM by josh »
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #26121 on: January 09, 2020, 08:34:39 PM »

You support killing the leaders of countries with whom you disagree.

You think he supports killing Macron and Merkel?

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #26123 on: January 09, 2020, 08:51:12 PM »

Interesting site you frequent

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26124 on: January 09, 2020, 08:55:15 PM »

Slightly less closeted than fox or breitbart.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26125 on: January 09, 2020, 09:16:10 PM »

Hi bigoted troll. I see you.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #26126 on: January 09, 2020, 09:55:33 PM »

“Lock her up! Lock her..wait, what?”

https://www.sltrib.com/news/2020/01/10/report-utah-us-attorney/

SUCKERS.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26127 on: January 09, 2020, 10:17:22 PM »

“Lock her up! Lock her..wait, what?”

https://www.sltrib.com/news/2020/01/10/report-utah-us-attorney/

SUCKERS.

That's how many different investigations, each of which found nothing to pursue?

But Trump is the most unfairly treated person evah!

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #26128 on: January 09, 2020, 10:27:34 PM »

As I have said from the start - leave her alone. 

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 1740 1741 [1742] 1743 1744 ... 4288