Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1747 1748 [1749] 1750 1751 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1985034 times)

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #26220 on: January 11, 2020, 04:06:35 PM »

I like in the last post how Red seems to endorse gov't mandated fuel standards (always fought by the auto industry), alternative energy wind and solar.  This can't be acceptable to his superiors . . .

(which is most everyone <rimshot>)
I didn’t endorse any.
Consumers will buy autos with higher mileage numbers if they are convinced they can save money on gasoline.
They won’t buy cars with ridiculous cafe standards that will have to be smaller and less safe.
And if they don’t buy new cars the industry will need another government bailout.

You can have any color you want... as long as it’s black.

Markets adapt. Cafe standards won’t kill the industry automation will kill the industry’s jobs. Meanwhile the newly branded ‘Energy’ multinationals gonna extract every last petro buck out of the ground regardless how many brown people get killed or displaced by war or climate disaster.
lOL!

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26221 on: January 11, 2020, 04:15:11 PM »

I like in the last post how Red seems to endorse gov't mandated fuel standards (always fought by the auto industry), alternative energy wind and solar.  This can't be acceptable to his superiors . . .

(which is most everyone <rimshot>)
I didn’t endorse any.
Consumers will buy autos with higher mileage numbers if they are convinced they can save money on gasoline.
They won’t buy cars with ridiculous cafe standards that will have to be smaller and less safe.
And if they don’t buy new cars the industry will need another government bailout.

You can have any color you want... as long as it’s black.

Markets adapt. Cafe standards won’t kill the industry automation will kill the industry’s jobs. Meanwhile the newly branded ‘Energy’ multinationals gonna extract every last petro buck out of the ground regardless how many brown people get killed or displaced by war or climate disaster.
lOL!
For Red, assume IOL stands for "I Only Lie", though I do not rule out "I Olways Lie".
A parrot bit me.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26222 on: January 11, 2020, 04:19:07 PM »

I googled 'Hezbollah'.
Hezbollah was conceived by Muslim clerics and funded by Iran primarily to harass Israel.

Well, that's Wiki for you.  That could have been slipped in by Red a minute before you got there, and removed right after. 

Hezbollah was designed to resist Israel's occupation of southern Lebanon (it's a tiny country, Israel controlled nearly half, I believe).  Israel invaded Lebanon in 1982 and stayed for 17 years.  Hezbollah was formed in 1985 as a resistance movement.  So while that sentence isn't exactly untrue, it misses all of the context.  Hezbollah was conceived to harass Israel out of its occupation of Lebanon, which it basically did after a protracted decades long struggle.

A misleading account of the Israeli/Lebanese history, ignoring the role of Syria and others to disrupt potential peace between the two countries, the assassination (by the Syrian Social Nationalist Party) of Bachir Gemayel, and a host of other issues.

Israel has well earned the enmity of the Lebanese people, but the role played by the PLF after Black September was another influence.

So many sub-plots!
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #26223 on: January 11, 2020, 05:46:54 PM »

Donald J. Trump

18 mins ·

The government of Iran must allow human rights groups to monitor and report facts from the ground on the ongoing protests by the Iranian people. There can not be another massacre of peaceful protesters, nor an internet shutdown. The world is watching.     

---------------------------     

It would be great if we could send Ivanka Trump and Mahlagha Jaberi to Iran to give business loans to the women of Iran, after our relations improve. We could do a lot of great things if our allies would rise in the region. We need for peaceful people to rise in their government, people whom we can be friends with. And there is also Queen Farah Pahlavi, and the Persians of Beverly Hills to help.

The Persians are classy people, we should be able to have peace.

Blessed are the peacemakers.

Salute,

Tony V.

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #26224 on: January 11, 2020, 05:55:22 PM »

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/how-rupert-murdoch-is-influencing-australias-bushfire-debate/ar-BBYQbjU?li=AAgfYrC&OCID=AVRES000

How Rupert Murdoch Is Influencing Australia’s Bushfire Debate

The idea that “greenies” or environmentalists would oppose measures to prevent fires from ravaging homes and lives is simply false.

#####

Really?
Why can't people clear trees from around their homes in mountain/rural towns and villages without facing severe prosecution?

It’s all part of what critics see as a relentless effort led by the powerful media outlet to do what it has also done in the United States and Britain — shift blame to the left, protect conservative leaders and divert attention from climate change.

#####

If people marching about waving placards think they can stop ice ages, the globe heating and cooling by itself, etc...[you could, once upon a time, walk from Australia to India, until the seas rose and swallowed the land bridge]....they have another think coming.

Both the Left and the Right in Australia, in a rush to capture the green vote, are seemingly responsible for some of the damage caused by the current bush[forest] fires.
Most of the fires started by lightning...some by arsonists..and some by accidents.

Most of the people who have died did so trying to defend their homes with 'garden hoses' against firestorms.
Some firefighters have died, another one yesterday.

Basically, lightning started the fires. "Climate change" they cry. Para; "Change to electric cars and there won't be any more forest fires".
"Shut down the coal-fired power stations and there won't be any more droughts".
Bunkum.

There have always been 'hot winds from the desert/outback', gusty winds, very strong winds. Also gusty southerly winds from the Southern Ocean.
Such winds caused a lot of the problems, fanned the flames of horror.

'Southern Ocean/'Great Southern Ocean'/'Antarctic Ocean'/'Austral Ocean'...it's the one people globally answering 'street talk' questions forget.
They name the others, but not this one.

Now it's all Rupert's fault!  LOL
« Last Edit: January 11, 2020, 06:05:06 PM by bambu. »
The bad people lurk in the shadows, waiting to pounce...the moment you get security careless.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26225 on: January 11, 2020, 06:33:12 PM »

Donald J. Trump

The government of Iran must allow human rights groups to monitor and report facts from the ground on the ongoing protests by the Iranian people. There can not be another massacre of peaceful protesters, nor an internet shutdown. The world is watching.     

---------------------------     

Donald J. Trump, through his Sec'y of State:
The United States has announced it will revoke or deny visas to members of the International Criminal Court involved in investigating the actions of US troops in Afghanistan or other countries.

The US secretary of state, Mike Pompeo, said Washington was prepared to take further steps, including economic sanctions, if the war crimes court goes ahead with any investigations of US or allied personnel.

“The ICC is attacking America’s rule of law,” Pompeo told reporters. “It’s not too late for the court to change course and we urge that it do so immediately.”

Also Donald J. Trump:
US halts cooperation with UN on potential human rights violations (within the United States)

Trump Administration:
https://www.propublica.org/article/devos-has-scuttled-more-than-1-200-civil-rights-probes-inherited-from-obama

Trump has even less credibility on Civil Rights than RedStateWard does on racism.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26226 on: January 11, 2020, 07:04:03 PM »

If she says they are that tightly linked, who am I to dispute her?

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #26227 on: January 11, 2020, 07:19:46 PM »

Trump has even less credibility on Civil Rights than RedStateWard does on racism.
LOL!

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #26228 on: January 11, 2020, 07:42:40 PM »

News Item

After denials, Tehran admits “disastrous mistake,” saying air defenses were fired in error after Iranian missile strikes on US targets in Iraq.

Hundreds of Iranian protesters demanded Iran’s Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei step down on Saturday after Tehran admitted that its military had mistakenly shot down a Ukrainian plane, killing all 176 people on board.

“Commander-in-chief [Khamenei] resign, resign,” videos posted on Twitter showed hundreds of people chanting in front of Tehran’s Amir Kabir university.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26229 on: January 11, 2020, 07:48:01 PM »

Hundreds of Iranian protesters demanded Iran’s Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei step down on Saturday after Tehran admitted that its military had mistakenly shot down a Ukrainian plane, killing all 176 people on board.

“Commander-in-chief [Khamenei] resign, resign,” videos posted on Twitter showed hundreds of people chanting in front of Tehran’s Amir Kabir university.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1216114135529902081?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1216114135529902081&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.com%2Fmiddleeast%2Flive-news%2Fus-iran-news-01-11-2020-intl%2Findex.html
To the brave, long-suffering people of Iran: I've stood with you since the beginning of my Presidency, and my Administration will continue to stand with you. We are following your protests closely, and are inspired by your courage.

The Kurds are saying, "Oh, trust him! Please!"

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #26230 on: January 11, 2020, 08:02:38 PM »

News Item

After denials, Tehran admits “disastrous mistake,” saying air defenses were fired in error after Iranian missile strikes on US targets in Iraq.

The leader of a nation admits an error. What a concept.
A parrot bit me.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #26231 on: January 11, 2020, 08:04:33 PM »

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1216114135529902081?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1216114135529902081&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.com%2Fmiddleeast%2Flive-news%2Fus-iran-news-01-11-2020-intl%2Findex.html
To the brave, long-suffering people of Iran: I've stood with you since the beginning of my Presidency, and my Administration will continue to stand with you. We are following your protests closely, and are inspired by your courage.

Nothing like missing the forest for the trees.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #26232 on: January 11, 2020, 08:05:35 PM »

News Item

The leader of a nation admits an error. What a concept.
LOL!

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #26233 on: January 11, 2020, 08:11:28 PM »

And indeed, josh's comment was nothing like missing the forest for the trees. Nothing like it at all.
A parrot bit me.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #26234 on: January 11, 2020, 08:27:03 PM »

And indeed, josh's comment was nothing like missing the forest for the trees. Nothing like it at all.
Except that it was.
Pages: 1 ... 1747 1748 [1749] 1750 1751 ... 4288