Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1805 1806 [1807] 1808 1809 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1584047 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #27090 on: February 03, 2020, 12:13:23 PM »

Amoral Malignant Gross Assholes

Awful Moronic Groveling Accessories

Alcoholic Moaning Greedy Antichrists
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27091 on: February 03, 2020, 12:20:44 PM »

Lamar Alexander joins Marco Rubio in explaining that he needed no further witneses to know that the President was guilty. "If you have 8 witnesses to a car accident, do you need a ninth?"

When asked whose responsibility it was to address the crimes, he simple said, "The people's."

Pay no attention to that Constitution thing that explains that it was your responsibility, Senator.

So... it looks like there is little doubt in even a lot of GOP senators' minds that Trump is guilty. They just are unwilling to act on it.

I'm disgusted. Kid and Ward ought to be, too, but are celebrating the success of the Ne'er-do-well-in-Chief in avoiding punishment for his wrong-doing.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Campaign Trail
« Reply #27092 on: February 03, 2020, 12:29:29 PM »

Fearless forecast - Pete second tonight, Klobuchar 4th

You mean "wishful thinking forecast," don't you?

What does it mean that, if last time Sanders got nearly 50% of the caucus votes, he only gets 25-30% of them this time?

And... the hard part for the lower down candidates is that one must get at least 15% in any given caucus group to get any at all. So, as much as anything, the 2nd choice and sometimes 3rd choice options become valuable. If Warren is finishing below 15% in these gatherings, to whom will her adherents turn?!
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

barton

« Reply #27094 on: February 03, 2020, 01:47:16 PM »

I'm hearing this is a good year for hindsight...
Especially for Republicans who have their noses so into Trump his hind is all they sight.

Joe Walsh is an asshole but he comes to the realization the GOP and Trump followers are living on a different plane of existence.

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1224041444794564613.html

Joe Walsh might be realizing the rocky mountain way is better than the way he had.

Here's a good piece in the Nuyorker about more loathesome transformations on that other plane of existence...

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2020/01/20/william-barr-trumps-sword-and-shield

Folks in both parties should be worried about enlargement of presidential powers.   

barton

« Reply #27095 on: February 03, 2020, 01:50:53 PM »

Amoral Malignant Gross Assholes

Awful Moronic Groveling Accessories

Alcoholic Moaning Greedy Antichrists

American Monarchy Grows Apace

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #27096 on: February 03, 2020, 02:04:53 PM »

Lamar Alexander joins Marco Rubio in explaining that he needed no further witneses to know that the President was guilty. "If you have 8 witnesses to a car accident, do you need a ninth?"

When asked whose responsibility it was to address the crimes, he simple said, "The people's."

Pay no attention to that Constitution thing that explains that it was your responsibility, Senator.

So... it looks like there is little doubt in even a lot of GOP senators' minds that Trump is guilty. They just are unwilling to act on it.

I'm disgusted. Kid and Ward ought to be, too, but are celebrating the success of the Ne'er-do-well-in-Chief in avoiding punishment for his wrong-doing.

They live on Earth Two...
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27097 on: February 03, 2020, 02:19:53 PM »

"GOP senators urge Trump to avoid mentioning impeachment at his State of the Union address"

Bets on whether he can resist doing so?!

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #27098 on: February 03, 2020, 02:28:32 PM »

I think Trump probably believes impeachment has helped him.  And I'm not sure he's wrong.
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27099 on: February 03, 2020, 02:34:40 PM »

I think Trump probably believes impeachment has helped him.  And I'm not sure he's wrong.

I think it depends on how the ads get handled.

If the ad compiles Murkowski, Alexander, Rubio, and other GOP voices explaining that they think Trump did wrong, obstructed Congress, "crossed a line," and more, there is a good chance that it can be used to good effect, not with the core Trump voters but with the same folks who bought the FBI/Comey line about Clinton.

It ought to also be usable in some of the key senate races. I am hoping that the vulnerable GOP candidates are skewered by this - and Collins needs to figure out which way she is voting on acquittal/conviction.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27100 on: February 03, 2020, 02:39:47 PM »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27101 on: February 03, 2020, 02:56:05 PM »

CPAC is making a big deal of their exclusion of Romney.

https://news.yahoo.com/amphtml/mitt-romney-barred-conservative-conference-175210631.html

"We're not about integrity. We're about lock-step compliance and blind loyalty."

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27102 on: February 03, 2020, 03:35:35 PM »

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #27103 on: February 03, 2020, 03:37:46 PM »

Lamar Alexander joins Marco Rubio in explaining that he needed no further witneses to know that the President was guilty. "
That is not what LaMar Alexander said.

It was inappropriate for the president to ask a foreign leader to investigate his political opponent and to withhold United States aid to encourage that investigation.
But the Constitution does not give the Senate the power to remove the president from office and ban him from this year’s ballot simply for actions that are inappropriate.
LaMar Alexander-Thursday, January 30, 2020

The House Democrats, without a single republican vote, impeached Trump on grounds of
“Abuse of Power and obstruction of Congress” neither of which come close to the constitutional definitions of “ high crimes and misdemeanors”.

Alexander concluded by stating
our founding documents provide for duly elected presidents who serve with the ‘ consent of the governed’, not at the pleasure of Congress 
Let the People decide.

You may not agree, but at least get the statement correct from Senator Alexander.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27104 on: February 03, 2020, 04:00:58 PM »

I think the Trumpettes made a huge mistake in not having witnesses.  For several reasons, not least of which instead of getting facts out in a way people understand as fair and just, they are going to get an ongoing series of disclosures from Bolton and Parnas and the slow release of documents. Should have let the pig bleed out. Now it could continue to be a story through November.

Also, any Trumpeting of supposed exoneration without witnesses is likely to ring hollow outside of the Faux News bubble.
The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice with the palace has the brew that is true!
Pages: 1 ... 1805 1806 [1807] 1808 1809 ... 4288