Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1819 1820 [1821] 1822 1823 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1583684 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #27300 on: February 06, 2020, 11:15:43 PM »

Meanwhile, corruption in a GOP state has another bunch of its members nailed:
https://www.npr.org/2020/02/06/803399172/mississippis-ex-welfare-director-5-others-arrested-in-massive-fraud?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=npr&utm_term=nprnews&utm_medium=social&fbclid=IwAR3906hGy-AeNYxYpdN2-64PKuxxl6Yu2HUGL3VrfvtO9035sF0qpvFhj8c

Mississippi's former welfare director, four colleagues and a former pro wrestler have been charged with carrying out a multimillion-dollar embezzlement scheme to siphon public money from needy families for their own personal use — from business investments to a luxury rehab stay in California.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27301 on: February 06, 2020, 11:33:18 PM »

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5e3c61bfc5b6b70886fc4ed4

Flunkies and winged monkeys waste no tome in their malfeasance.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #27302 on: February 06, 2020, 11:51:20 PM »

His name is "Turley" and I anxiously await his commentary on a President awarding the same honor to Rush Limbaugh previously bestowed on Rosa Parks.
Rush is not worthy?
Kirk Douglas.up and died to avoid having to share the honor with him.
So Rush is not on par with, say, Richard Lugar, Yogi Berra, or Dean Smith, etc?

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #27303 on: February 07, 2020, 12:35:06 AM »

Uh,  the president wasn't cleared of all wrongdoing.   What a thoroughly clueless biased article.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #27304 on: February 07, 2020, 12:35:44 AM »

I agree. He's not on a par with, say, them.
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27305 on: February 07, 2020, 01:29:44 AM »

Uh,  the president wasn't cleared of all wrongdoing.   What a thoroughly clueless biased article.

So far he’s gotten his wrongdoings adjudicated by people who are complicit in them.

Rush is on par with David Duke and  Father Coughlin. He should be drowned in shit before being awarded any medals.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #27306 on: February 07, 2020, 02:20:21 AM »

How much would it cost Bloomberg to set up a PAC that goes fullthrottle after Collins?  $50M?  $75M?

Might as well just have our oligarchs battle it out for Senate control.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27307 on: February 07, 2020, 03:00:23 AM »

His name is "Turley" and I anxiously await his commentary on a President awarding the same honor to Rush Limbaugh previously bestowed on Rosa Parks.
Rush is not worthy?

Figured that out all by yourself, did you?

You want folks to compare Rush to? This group is your best bet. But below are a bunch of reasons why Rush Limbaugh should not have gotten this award.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Presidential_Medal_of_Freedom_recipients#Media

"The NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and the Crips without any weapons. There, I said it."

"Have you ever noticed how all composite pictures of wanted criminals resemble Jesse Jackson?"

"I think it's time to get rid of this whole National Basketball Association. Call it the TBA, the Thug Basketball Association, and stop calling them teams. Call 'em gangs."

"The NAACP should have riot rehearsal. They should get a liquor store and practice robberies."

"If any race of people should not have guilt about slavery, it's Caucasians. The white race has probably had fewer slaves and for a briefer period of time than any other in the history of the world ... And yet white guilt is still one of the dominating factors in American politics. It's exploited, it's played upon, it is promoted, used, and it's unnecessary."

"Women still live longer than men because their lives are easier."

"Feminism was established so as to allow unattractive women access to the mainstream of society."

"Women should not be allowed on juries where the accused is a stud."

"I'm a huge supporter of women. What I'm not is a supporter of liberalism. Feminism is what I oppose, and feminism has led women astray. I love women. I don't know where all this got started. I love the women's movement, especially when walking behind it."

On LGBT politicians getting elected: "I guarantee there'd be some people in the Republican establishment who will now think, 'Yeah, we need to do this. We need to provide a home, we need to provide a comforting atmosphere for the tranny community and the gay community.' But those people are voting Democrat anyway."

"When a gay person turns his back on you, it is anything but an insult; it's an invitation."

On the dangers of secondhand smoking, and smoking in general: "That is a myth. That has been disproven at the World Health Organization and the report was suppressed. There is no fatality whatsoever. There's no even major sickness component associated with secondhand smoke. It may irritate you, and you may not like it, but it will not make you sick, and it will not kill you...Firsthand smoke takes 50 years to kill people, if it does. Not everybody that smokes gets cancer. Now, it's true that everybody who smokes dies, but so does everyone who eats carrots ... I would like a medal for smoking cigars, is what I'm saying."

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27308 on: February 07, 2020, 03:01:57 AM »

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #27309 on: February 07, 2020, 08:54:43 AM »

Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #27310 on: February 07, 2020, 09:32:14 AM »

Rush is not worthy?

That is correct.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27311 on: February 07, 2020, 11:20:58 AM »

Rush is not worthy?
In that none of them have ever said anything like the things Limbaugh says consistently, like say, all composite sketches resemble Jesse Jackson, no, no he is not on par with them.
The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice with the palace has the brew that is true!

barton

« Reply #27312 on: February 07, 2020, 11:32:08 AM »

The difference between Yogi and Rush is essentially the difference between wit and shit.   When Limbaugh comes to a fork in the road,  he goes right,  even if it leads over a cliff.   

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #27313 on: February 07, 2020, 11:56:59 AM »

Rush is not worthy?
In that none of them have ever said anything like the things Limbaugh says consistently, like say, all composite sketches resemble Jesse Jackson, no, no he is not on par with them.
He is now.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #27314 on: February 07, 2020, 12:02:23 PM »

News Items

Nonfarm payrolls surged 225,000 for the month, well above Wall Street estimates for a 158,000 gain.
The unemployment rate ticked higher to 3.6%, but for the right reason as the labor force participation rate increased 0.2 percentage points to 63.4%, matching its highest level since June 2013.
Average hourly earnings rose 3.1% over a year ago to $28.44, ahead of estimates for 3% growth.
Pages: 1 ... 1819 1820 [1821] 1822 1823 ... 4288