Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1824 1825 [1826] 1827 1828 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1584440 times)

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #27375 on: February 08, 2020, 03:04:41 PM »

Hitler was a vegetarian,  a painter, dog lover -- sound like a good guy if that's all you knew ...
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27376 on: February 08, 2020, 03:39:43 PM »

In July 2019 Nike announced a special Fourth of July edition of their Air Max 1 Quick Strike sneaker that featured the thirteen-star Betsy Ross flag. The company withdrew the sneaker after their spokesman Colin Kaepernick raised concerns that the symbol represented an era of black enslavement.[109] In response Limbaugh's radio program introduced a t-shirt imprinted "Stand up for Betsy Ross" with sale proceeds to benefit the Tunnel to Towers Foundation. As of December 2019 the sales have earned over $5M USD for the foundation.[110]

That is right - he has a long history of deliberately fanning racial hatred and fear for ratings and.politic ends.

Promoting patriotism and generating meaningful $$

No apologies needed.

Not for good charities, no,  but rather for all the hateful and bigoted spew you've apparently missed the last few decades.   Josh's list of Rush quotes a few pages back is a useful sample.   You declare your outrage regularly for "haters" but seem to completely ignore Limbaugh bile and spleen,  lies,  slander,  and the general way he's lowered discourse.   Makes sense,  I guess,  since you've also done that with Fearless Leader.

I haven't defended Limbaugh

You are full of shit.

You have defended him repeatedly in two different ways.

Know nothing about him

I provided you with the quotes.

If all he did was the fundraising, that would be grand, but it isn't.

See also: Mussolini got the trains to run on time.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #27377 on: February 08, 2020, 03:42:31 PM »

Senator Catherine Cortez Masto

2 hrs · 

This moving film from The Atlantic features Cochise County, Arizona, but it’s a story that many Nevadans know all too well. Health care services—especially mental health services—are limited in rural America, and the few doctors who are working in rural communities are overwhelmed. We need to do more for our rural communities. That means greater access to and better funding for health care services for rural communities in Nevada and throughout the country and more support for the doctors, psychiatrists, and care providers who serve them.

--------------------------------

We need to give a free education to people who want to be doctors and psychiatrists, etc, in Nevada, and in rural areas where they are needed. And of note, there is a shortage of doctors and psychiatrists in California too, including in the cities. We need to train and educate more doctors and psychiatrists.

Here in Anaheim, we have a lot of doctors and psychiatrists and nurses from the Philippines, my primary care physician is from the Philippines and he is the best doctor I have ever had, he is amazing. So, we can bring in doctors and nurses and psychiatrists from the Philippines and they are great.

So, we need to train and educate more doctors and psychiatrists, and we can also bring in more doctors and psychiatrists from the Philippines, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #27378 on: February 08, 2020, 05:13:14 PM »

So how did Pete do last night?

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27379 on: February 08, 2020, 05:25:49 PM »

So how did Pete do last night?

By some accounts, he held his own and made no mistakes, which is all he needed to do.

By other accounts, he squandered an opportunity.

YKMV.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #27380 on: February 08, 2020, 05:47:48 PM »

Thanks

Have to watch it later on.

One of my sibs is a big Pete backer

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Campaign Trail
« Reply #27381 on: February 08, 2020, 06:37:55 PM »

You mean "wishful thinking forecast," don't you?

I think I am pulling for Biden.

Joe I think can be satisfied LOSING this primary, then he can say, "see, I told you to back me" when Pete or Bernie loses.

And fade off into retirement comfortably, with many thanks for his lifelong service.

Losing the election to Trump might be uglier for him.

oilcan

« Reply #27382 on: February 08, 2020, 07:26:08 PM »

Who doesn't want a big Pete?

oilcan

« Reply #27383 on: February 08, 2020, 07:32:32 PM »

On an entirely more serious note...

Debate over anti-Semitic sculpture on church in Wittenburg.

This is a terrible sign, but only those who are anti-Semites will find what they want to in it," says Michael Wolffsohn, a prominent German Jewish historian. "We have to comment on this shame and not hide it. If you remove these memorials, you'll once again make martyrs of those who continue to identify with them."

Many observers agree that in deciding what to do with this sculpture, the Lutheran Church must walk a fine line between seeming to condone the insulting image on the one hand and appearing to whitewash the church's history of anti-Semitism on the other.

https://www.npr.org/2020/02/08/803208726/a-german-jew-vows-to-fight-on-to-remove-anti-semitic-sculpture-after-court-defea

I find it hard to decide if it should be in a museum or where it is.   Good points raised by both sides.   Leaning towards a museum of anti semitism. 

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #27384 on: February 08, 2020, 09:12:41 PM »

OPINIONPublished 9 hours ago
Tucker Carlson: Democrats’ radical immigration legislation would help foreign criminals move to US

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/tucker-carlson-democrats-radical-immigration-legislation-would-help-foreign-criminals-move-to-us

Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27385 on: February 08, 2020, 10:08:29 PM »

OPINIONPublished 9 hours ago
Tucker Carlson: Democrats’ radical immigration legislation would help foreign criminals move to US

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/tucker-carlson-democrats-radical-immigration-legislation-would-help-foreign-criminals-move-to-us

Tucker Carlson, that bastion of logical thinking and clear-headedness when it comes to immigration.

Foreign criminals are having little problem moving here - the only requirement currently is that they be wealthy.

Otherwise, they have to work through operatives like Donald J. Trump.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #27389 on: February 09, 2020, 08:52:52 AM »

Is THIS your King?

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 1824 1825 [1826] 1827 1828 ... 4288