Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1825 1826 [1827] 1828 1829 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1583527 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #27390 on: February 09, 2020, 09:46:28 AM »

Had to get out the IGGY again.  Sad.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #27391 on: February 09, 2020, 12:23:31 PM »

You and Pat Riley  ...
« Last Edit: February 09, 2020, 12:36:25 PM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

barton

« Reply #27392 on: February 09, 2020, 12:47:56 PM »

OPINIONPublished 9 hours ago
Tucker Carlson: Democrats’ radical immigration legislation would help foreign criminals move to US

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/tucker-carlson-democrats-radical-immigration-legislation-would-help-foreign-criminals-move-to-us

Lure,  I hope this is a useful explanation as to why some members,  like me,  may not read this link:  it uses the word "radical" to arouse an emotional response in the reader/listener.   When words are used this way,  rather than transmit facts or calm discussion, it tells me that it's very likely the writer/speaker wants to prejudice me towards the legislation before I even know what it's actually intended to do.   Words that are chosen to inflame a prejudice,  rather than convey facts,  are called "propaganda."  They indicate that a presentation of the facts and principles behind the legislation will not be fairly presented.   

If you are ever interested in more fact-based and objective news sources,  I recommend

apnews.com

Or npr.org

Or https://www.independent.co.uk/us

Or Toronto based Reuters.com. 

These organizations are not current owned by any American political party or corporate entity that controls content.   This should enhance their credibility,  as sources free of partisan control.   

barton

« Reply #27393 on: February 09, 2020, 12:59:06 PM »

Hannity's show spreads disinformation, according to Fox News.
https://www.thedailybeast.com/fox-news-internal-document-bashes-john-solomon-joe-digenova-and-rudy-giuliani-for-spreading-disinformation?fbclid=IwAR3vg2s7QISPFXzGDYE32DdrlYNEcE-U3glIVmVPDkb2q_HhFJiPnn7618k

And so,  to review,  Luee ...what is the term for a broadcast media outlet when it uses prejudicial terms and misinformation to sway the viewers opinions?   Begins with P.   Rhymes with "drop a panda. "   

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27394 on: February 09, 2020, 01:13:14 PM »

Tucker Carlson: Democrats’ radical immigration legislation would help foreign criminals move to US

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/tucker-carlson-democrats-radical-immigration-legislation-would-help-foreign-criminals-move-to-us

Lure,  I hope this is a useful explanation as to why some members,  like me,  may not read this link:  it uses the word "radical" to arouse an emotional response in the reader/listener. Tucker Carlson.
fify.
The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice with the palace has the brew that is true!

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27395 on: February 09, 2020, 03:11:05 PM »

Had to get out the IGGY again.  Sad.

Good thing you told us.

I am sure those you are ignoring will be crushed and devastated.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

barton

« Reply #27396 on: February 09, 2020, 03:25:45 PM »

Luee,  I hope this is a useful explanation as to why some members,  like me,  may not read this link:  it uses the word "radical" to arouse an emotional response in the reader/listener. Tucker Carlson.
fify.

I do like the brevity there.   

If Schrodinger heirs removed the cat,  and put Carlson in the box,  it would advance both science and political discourse.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27397 on: February 09, 2020, 04:47:08 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/29/us/drug-smuggling-tunnel-trnd/index.html

Nearly a mile long, 2 feet wide, with ventilation and rails, going between Tijuana and San Diego.

Good thing we are building a wall.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #27398 on: February 09, 2020, 05:10:30 PM »

Bunch of cunning runts...

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #27399 on: February 09, 2020, 06:19:59 PM »

If you are ever interested in more fact-based and objective news sources,  I recommend

apnews.com

Or npr.org

These organizations are not current owned by any American political party or corporate entity that controls content.   This should enhance their credibility,  as sources free of partisan control.
LOL. 
Get a clue about how news is disseminated.
The AP?
NPR?
Both non-profits relying on the information(news) as reported by its fee paying members who thus are able to use the info themselves. All of the members are owned or controlled by corporately owned media enterprises or public news outlets funded by private donations and federal tax income.
Each supposedly are free of “ bias”?  Get a life.  The AP is routinely criticized for anti Israel bias and
NPR for political correctness ( Ask Juan Williams).
The Independent? A website owned by a Russian that it is an unabashed center-left outlet interested in pushing views, not news. Nothing wrong with that unless you are looking for balanced “ news” coverage. Point is the Independent is owned by someone who has partisan control.
But so what?
If all you do is search for news you agree with you remain as shallow as you post.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27400 on: February 09, 2020, 07:08:52 PM »

Another day, another GOP cover-up blocked by a judge:
https://www.gregpalast.com/kemp-loses-vote-purge-suit-brought-by-reporter-palast/?fbclid=IwAR0E94SVo0tKXgXGnd4gI4jLXJq16_gAYih3XSX16wJsmw85dDNtGBdiCOM

This one is about the records for how Georgia purged half a million voters.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #27401 on: February 09, 2020, 07:25:00 PM »

https://www.gregpalast.com/kemp-loses-vote-purge-suit-brought-by-reporter-palast/?fbclid=IwAR0E94SVo0tKXgXGnd4gI4jLXJq16_gAYih3XSX16wJsmw85dDNtGBdiCOM

You may want to read more.
But the film noire pic was laughable.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27402 on: February 09, 2020, 07:57:30 PM »

You may want to read more.
But the film noire pic was laughable.

zzzzzzzzz

barton

« Reply #27403 on: February 09, 2020, 08:36:01 PM »

apnews.com

Or npr.org

LOL. 
Get a clue about how news is disseminated.
The AP?
NPR?
Both non-profits relying on the information(news) as reported by its fee paying members who thus are able to use the info themselves. All of the members are owned or controlled by corporately owned media enterprises or public news outlets funded by private donations and federal tax income.
Each supposedly are free of “ bias”?  Get a life.  The AP is routinely criticized for anti Israel bias and
NPR for political correctness ( Ask Juan Williams).
The Independent? A website owned by a Russian that it is an unabashed center-left outlet interested in pushing views, not news. Nothing wrong with that unless you are looking for balanced “ news” coverage. Point is the Independent is owned by someone who has partisan control.
But so what?
If all you do is search for news you agree with you remain as shallow as you post.

None of the above reply is factual or in any way true.   The Independent is actually more pro-market in its economic views than I am.   NPR features conservative opinions,  in balance with liberal ones,  and clearly separates opinion content from news.   Ditto AP.   The fact that they are open to critique from their own columnists is a feature,  not a bug.
They all have firewalls between any corporate money and newsrooms.   I notice you also erroneously assumed these are the only sources I use.  PBS NewsHour is also good.  Marc Short is on all the time.   And many other conservatives.  You didn't mention Thomson Reuters - couldn't find a handy way to disparage,  I guess.   I also read National Review,  a conservative political mag.   And The Guardian,  which does lean Left in its opinion pieces,  but another one with an independent news division that has no control from corporate sponsors and is supported by small donors like me.

Here's a thought for you - maybe when you separate news from corporate control,  the actual reality reported doesn't conform to the wet dreams of unregulated capitalism and science denial that get you all sticky.   If that insult seems unwarranted, you had best review the last sentence of your reply.   

barton

« Reply #27404 on: February 09, 2020, 08:46:57 PM »

ProPublica is also topnotch investigative journalism, and was headed by a former managing editor of your beloved WSJ, Paul Steiger.   Its founders agreed to stay out of its news operations,  after putting up the startup money.  Various philanthropic organizations contribute to its mission of independent "down the middle,  straight journalism."   Multiple Pulitzer prizes speak to its success.   You should check it out,  expand the old mind.   
Pages: 1 ... 1825 1826 [1827] 1828 1829 ... 4288