Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1828 1829 [1830] 1831 1832 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1584198 times)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #27435 on: February 10, 2020, 02:56:33 PM »

I may need to rethink my enthusiam.
The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice with the palace has the brew that is true!

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #27436 on: February 10, 2020, 03:14:15 PM »

Hundreds of billions more for weapons and soldiers, tax cuts for the rich and businesses,  but there's no money for the poor and sick.   Pathetic.

"...lowering of FOREIGN AID and increases for defense AND VETERANS"

Be concise.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #27437 on: February 10, 2020, 03:15:31 PM »

4th place would be bad news for Warren or Biden.

Nahhh

Listen to Joe

It's a 4-state summing up.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27438 on: February 10, 2020, 03:40:47 PM »

Hundreds of billions more for weapons and soldiers, tax cuts for the rich and businesses,  but there's no money for the poor and sick.   Pathetic.

"...lowering of FOREIGN AID and increases for defense AND VETERANS"

Be concise.

Lowering of foreign aid = more deaths, but you don't give a damn about that.

And you are ignoring the reduction in money for families of veterans in hospitals. Don't care about that, either, do you?
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

barton

« Reply #27439 on: February 10, 2020, 03:52:50 PM »

AMY KLOBUCHAR SURGES INTO THIRD PLACE IN NEW HAMPSHIRE AFTER DEMOCRATIC PRIMARY DEBATE: POLLS

https://www.newsweek.com/amy-klobuchar-third-place-new-hampshire-poll-surge-abc-news-debate-1486472

Amy is now my 1st choice. She may be more electable than Pete to religious purists?

I may need to rethink my enthusiam.

Hehe. 

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #27440 on: February 10, 2020, 03:53:47 PM »

This a GETTY image. No photoshop, no fake news.

The tan lines are fake though...

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

barton

« Reply #27441 on: February 10, 2020, 04:00:51 PM »

Luee - I doubt "religious purists" are a big factor in the Democratic Party.   If there's ultimately a Pete backlash,  it's going to be about the meagerness of his experience.   If he were in the GOP,   that wouldn't matter, since they'll apparently fall for any raving demagogue who can play grievance politics.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #27442 on: February 10, 2020, 04:02:14 PM »

Ai-mee!  Ai-mee!  Ai-mee!

heh

not happening

(but then again I had also already eliminated Pete)

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #27443 on: February 10, 2020, 04:09:16 PM »

Red got a tax cut.  Kid got a car.
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #27444 on: February 10, 2020, 04:32:19 PM »

Red got a tax cut.  Kid got a car.

That was 2 years ago.

Extension on the house in progress.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27446 on: February 10, 2020, 04:42:22 PM »

Luee - I doubt "religious purists" are a big factor in the Democratic Party.   If there's ultimately a Pete backlash,  it's going to be about the meagerness of his experience.   If he were in the GOP,   that wouldn't matter, since they'll apparently fall for any raving demagogue who can play grievance politics.
There are enough homophobes out there that it could make an enthusiasm difference. I think as in 2016 a lot of the Russian/Trump strategy will involve depressing votes and driving down turnout. That.is why the Bernie or.Bust people are dangerous. You can already see Trump and others playing to their sense of grievance. They may not vote Trump, but they might stay home.

Was it Lady ... Wakasa? who was the big South Korean film fan over on 3rd Eye? I imagine her as very happy today.
The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice with the palace has the brew that is true!

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #27447 on: February 10, 2020, 05:00:37 PM »

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/a-rude-awakening-the-message-meghans-royal-saga-sends-to-young-black-people-in-britain/ar-BBZQ8lS?li=AAgfYrC&OCID=AVRES000

A 'rude awakening': The message Meghan's royal saga sends to young black people in Britain

© Susannah IrelandFor many, Meghan's treatment has sent a damaging message to young British people of color, who perhaps saw her as a sign that racial prejudice might be finally ebbing away.

#####

More like 'Meghan's alleged treatment of others'.
Just because you're Black doesn't give you any special licences to, well, you know.

________________________________________________________________________________________
_________________________________________________________________________________________

She never previously paid much attention to the British monarchy, but Eniola Ladapo remembers vividly how she felt watching American actress Meghan Markle become royalty.
The image of a biracial, foreign woman welcomed into the bosom of white, traditionalist Britain carried colossal symbolism for her — and even a hope that it signaled greater inclusivity and tolerance.
"The history of the royal family is built around the British Empire, so it was almost like it was coming full circle," said Ladapo, 19, who grew up in Nigeria and is now an undergraduate student at the London School of Economics.

#####

About says it all.

Royalty is a job. You have to work. It's not a permanent fantasy holiday.
You have to wake every day 'bright eyed and bushy tailed', to speak politely to those who are serving you, to open events/buildings, plant trees, be nice to people you might not like much, smile even if not feeling well, stay strong and set an example for the People when bombs are raining down on London/the Palace.
When Hitler's bombs were raining down;
The Queen's mother:
"I'm not leaving without the King, and the King is not going anywhere"!
Tantrum-throwers are not appreciated anywhere much.

Reportedly Duchess Kate didn't take kindly to the way Meghan was allegedly speaking to/treating Kate's staff...when the two Duchesses were living in the same palace.
Then there was the 'Tiara' incident, when Meghan allegedly 'spat the dummy [pacifier]' when informed that the tiara she wanted to wear from the Queen's collection, she could not wear because it might've had unfavourable connections to Russia.

Etc, etc, etc, reportedly.
Not because she is Black.

There's a pecking order at the palace/family of royalty...last in, is not at the top, whether Black, White, Brown, Brindle, or any other colour.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 05:13:28 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #27448 on: February 10, 2020, 05:03:42 PM »

Capitalism is “ unregulated”?
Science is “ denied”?
You can’t possibly be serious.

You can't possibly be reading.

He didn't say either of those.

He said those were "the wet dreams of unregulated capitalism and science denial that get you all sticky."
LOL
Reading comprehension escapes you.
Unlike you , though, I do know how to invoke the ignore feature.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #27449 on: February 10, 2020, 05:08:57 PM »

Seems to me that Pete and Sanders would have a lot of work and a lot to overcome to win a general election.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---
Pages: 1 ... 1828 1829 [1830] 1831 1832 ... 4288