Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1831 1832 [1833] 1834 1835 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1584473 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #27480 on: February 11, 2020, 11:03:17 AM »

Klobuchar with twice the votes of Sanders or Warren after the first votes are in.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27481 on: February 11, 2020, 11:03:38 AM »

You know the old.saying: as Hart's Location goes, so goes the country! The strategy of laying low until the field clears has worked like a Klobucharm! Now to address that polling a statistical 0% of the black vote thing.
The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice with the palace has the brew that is true!

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27482 on: February 11, 2020, 11:06:05 AM »

There are enough homophobes out there that it could make an enthusiasm difference.

The writing is on the wall - if Pete loses anywhere near close  it is FOR that reason.

I actually think they should start talking gay rights/advancements TO Pete, find out how he would actually act toward LGBTQ if elected - or at least catch him making a puzzling statement or 2
Right after we start asking straight white males how they would actually act towards straight people. And white people. And males.
The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice with the palace has the brew that is true!

barton

« Reply #27483 on: February 11, 2020, 12:25:31 PM »

Zing.

I fear Bernie's northwoods advantage will put the squeeze on the Klobucharmin.  But a strong second would still be a good springboard towards the Super Tuesday in March.  At some point, the pragmatic minded may fully realize that Sanders cannot beat Trump, not if Trump shot 47 people in Times Square and buggered their corpses. 

Lady W. actually organized her own Korean film festival, if I'm remember rightly. 

barton

« Reply #27484 on: February 11, 2020, 01:11:33 PM »

Looking at the recent Quinnipac poll, I have to again wonder if African-Americans are really a "block."  That concept may have no more coherence than Norwegian-Americans forming a block that supports the Norsk-descended Mayor Pete. 

Per Qpac poll, 22 percent of African Americans nationally favor Bloomberg, and 19 percent favor Sanders, with Biden holding on to 27 percent. (Warren lags with 8 percent, Buttigieg with merely 4 percent.) 

https://poll.qu.edu/national/release-detail?ReleaseID=3655

If you look at numbers, Bloomberg is a bit ahead on numerical lead of Trump, though that's all registered voters, so I don't know how well he does with Likely Voters as a subgroup.  But he's certainly showing that there is no "African-American candidate" in the sense that Joe was styling himself. 

Also, regarding Bloomy, it's interesting that no one is kvetching about agedness in his direction - which could be partly due to looking a bit younger than his chronological age (58 billion buys a lot of antioxidants and Swiss clinic visits), and partly that he hasn't been long months out pressing the flesh, swallowing corn dogs, and getting haggard at day's end.  Or it could be the party is getting acclimated to our new world where people whose age is the statistical lifespan of an American male are no longer a novelty act.  (my father lived to Bloomberg's present age, which wasn't too shabby for a guy who lived early years in the Dust Bowl, then breathed printing chemicals for decades, and smoked almost his entire life) 

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #27485 on: February 11, 2020, 01:44:24 PM »

All the stuff made in CH can be made elsewhere.   We've spent a generation funneling trillions there, which lifted hundreds of millions out of poverty.   

Why not do the same for our allies: India,  Indonesia,  Brazil, Central America,  Mexico, Eastern Europe. 
Others such as Kenya,  Nigeria, Egypt, Pakistan -- all on the brink of instability --could really use the jobs,  revenue  etc. that industrialization and trade would bring.

The USofA should have a trade policy informed by geopolitics, and not just led by greedy amoral companies.

There are people at the top who are being rewarded for selling out the people on the bottom. The people on the bottom need to stand up and speak up.

And the people in China do not have the freedom that they deserve, they worked hard like slaves to get where they are, I really do support the honest hard-working people in China. They need to stand up and speak up, and they need unions. Also, maybe we can get them to buy American goods and maybe we can help the Chinese workers to eat better, and to have more wine and stuff, having food and wine makes life a lot better.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #27486 on: February 11, 2020, 03:25:21 PM »

As of 2018 there were around 553,000 homeless people in the United States on a given night.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homelessness_in_the_United_States

Our own people are homeless and hungry out on the streets, while we send the jobs to China, and while we send planes full of money to Iran, and while we give bailouts to corporations and while we give stimulus money to companies which send the jobs to other nations. We spent trillions in the Middle East, while our own people are homeless and hungry out on the streets.

Give me the stimulus money and let me help the homeless people here in America, I would do better than the people who they gave the money to. And at least with me you would get high speed trains.

It would be great to have an unlimited line of credit and a fortune like the Count of Monte Cristo, I would shake the world up, and I would help a lot of people who are suffering.

Salute,

Tony V.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27488 on: February 11, 2020, 04:06:29 PM »

All the stuff made in CH can be made elsewhere.   We've spent a generation funneling trillions there, which lifted hundreds of millions out of poverty.   

Why not do the same for our allies: India,  Indonesia,  Brazil, Central America,  Mexico, Eastern Europe. 
Others such as Kenya,  Nigeria, Egypt, Pakistan -- all on the brink of instability --could really use the jobs,  revenue  etc. that industrialization and trade would bring.

The USofA should have a trade policy informed by geopolitics, and not just led by greedy amoral companies.

There are people at the top who are being rewarded for selling out the people on the bottom.

Donald J. Trump.

Ivanka Trump.

Donald J. Trump, Jr.

Eric Trump.

I know you don't want to believe this, Tony, but it is just so.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27489 on: February 11, 2020, 04:07:56 PM »

As of 2018 there were around 553,000 homeless people in the United States on a given night.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homelessness_in_the_United_States

Our own people are homeless and hungry out on the streets, while we send the jobs to China, and while we send planes full of money to Iran, and while we give bailouts to corporations and while we give stimulus money to companies which send the jobs to other nations. We spent trillions in the Middle East, while our own people are homeless and hungry out on the streets.

One thing has nothing to do with the other.

Yes, we have homeless. And yes, we do all those things.

But we don't have homeless because of them and eliminating those will do nothing to fix the homeless problem in the US.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27490 on: February 11, 2020, 04:09:30 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/11/politics/roger-stone-sentencing-justice-department/index.html

The Justice for Trump and his Friends Department strikes again.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #27491 on: February 11, 2020, 04:46:03 PM »

If we give time, effort, energy, and money, into creating jobs here in America, and into helping the homeless, instead of giving those resources to other nations, then it will absolutely make a difference here in America.

As for me, I cannot give if my cup is empty, I need an over-flowing cup so that I can help others. It is the same with America, if we are wealthy then we can help others. But, if we are poor, then we cannot even help ourselves, and we are vulnerable, whereas we are strong if we are wealthy.

And as we get the homeless people off of the streets and help them, then they can help other people, many of the people who are helping the homeless were once homeless themselves.

Also, as we renegotiate our trade deals and give business loans and redevelopment money to Americans to create jobs here in America then it will make a difference.

I also support public works projects such as building high speed trains. And in Los Angeles the homeless can be given jobs doing landscaping and stuff in the city, and they can be paid to power wash the side-walks, etc.

Of note too is that success breeds success, once we turn things around and start flourishing again then it will all get better, we need to get positive momentum going.

We also depend a lot on tourism here in California, and in Nevada, and doing things such as cleaning things up, and building high speed trains, and doing nice public landscaping, etc, will help attract tourism. Whereas the tourists hate it when they come here and see homeless people all over, and trash all over. We need to clean things up, and get nice positive momentum going.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 04:47:39 PM by FlyingVProd »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27492 on: February 11, 2020, 04:50:12 PM »

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #27493 on: February 11, 2020, 04:52:29 PM »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27494 on: February 11, 2020, 04:59:46 PM »

If we give time, effort, energy, and money, into creating jobs here in America, and into helping the homeless, instead of giving those resources to other nations, then it will absolutely make a difference here in America.

"If we give time, effort, energy..."

It's just not as simple as you want to think it is, Tony.

https://www.deseret.com/utah/2019/12/1/20985696/utah-road-home-homeless-shelter-salt-lake

We know now that it is cheaper for us to provide housing for the homeless than it is to run treatment centers, etc. But despite our knowing this, there is deep resistance to "giving them something for nothing," believing that homelessness is from a moral failure and that to take care of them is to encourage more people to become homeless.

Neither of those can be substantiated, but changing people's minds (as previously discussed here) is not something facts will do.
Pages: 1 ... 1831 1832 [1833] 1834 1835 ... 4288