Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1837 1838 [1839] 1840 1841 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1584897 times)

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #27570 on: February 13, 2020, 02:49:21 PM »

KTLA 5 News

8 mins ·

BREAKING: The Senate approved a bipartisan measure limiting President Donald Trump's authority to launch military operations against Iran.       

-----------------       

We need to send Ivanka Trump and Mahlagha Jaberi to Iran to give out business loans to the women in Iran, wealthy women are a friend of Democracy and improved human rights and they can help with women's rights, with wealth comes power.

And we need to work towards ending the sanctions on Iran, and we need to establish a fair trade deal with them, and we need to let them work and support themselves. Maybe they will even buy imported California wine and Texas beef, and Florida orange juice, etc.

Salute,

Tony V.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #27571 on: February 13, 2020, 02:49:42 PM »

Fac showing his true colors.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #27572 on: February 13, 2020, 03:12:12 PM »

Huge addition to the campaign.

She can help the campaign determine the lay of the land...
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #27573 on: February 13, 2020, 03:30:26 PM »

On the issue of President Trump, the President is the Commander in Chief, and he must retain that power as long as he is President.

Salute,

Tony V.

oilcan

« Reply #27574 on: February 13, 2020, 04:26:11 PM »

You couldn't discern them from, er, all his other posts?   That's kinda funny,  given that Facility is so not prone to equivocation or cloaking his sentiments re 45.   

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27575 on: February 13, 2020, 04:35:14 PM »

Barr complained that Trump's DOJ tweets make it harder for him to do his job.

I laughed so hard when I read that!
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27576 on: February 13, 2020, 05:03:17 PM »

NYT:
After Trump’s Attacks on Justice Dept., Barr Says He Will Not ‘Be Bullied’
The attorney general said that the president’s attacks on prosecutors’ handling of his friend Roger Stone’s sentencing undermine the legal system and the Justice Department.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #27577 on: February 13, 2020, 05:24:32 PM »

NYT:
The attorney general said that the president’s attacks on prosecutors’ handling of his friend Roger Stone’s sentencing undermine the legal system and the Justice Department.

So. You are happy, right?

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27578 on: February 13, 2020, 05:59:53 PM »

NYT:

I'm gabberflasted, Ward.

The cynic in me suggests that Barr and Trump worked out this arrangement, in similar fashion to how Susan Collins was given permission to call for witnesses/docs by McConnell.

But I think it's probably sincere and so... happy is not the term, but  fascinated. I will watch what comes next. If Barr manages to stick to his guns, I will be astonished.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27579 on: February 13, 2020, 06:06:10 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/13/politics/pentagon-border-wall/index.html

The top Republican on the House Armed Services Committee issued a sharp rebuke of President Donald Trump Thursday, slamming the administration's plan to divert $3.83 billion in Pentagon funding to border wall construction as unconstitutional and pledging to take action after lawmakers were notified of the move by the Department of Defense.

Rep. Mac Thornberry, a Texas Republican who is the ranking member of the House committee, did not mention Trump by name but voiced strong opposition to the diverting of money from various Pentagon accounts for border wall construction, asserting the move is "contrary to Congress's constitutional authority."

"The re-programming announced today is contrary to Congress's constitutional authority, and I believe that it requires Congress to take action. I will be working with my colleagues to determine the appropriate steps to take," he said in a statement responding to the Defense Department's announcement.

"Congress has the constitutional responsibility to determine how defense dollars are spent. We take the Pentagon's recommendations seriously during our deliberations, but the final decisions are contained in the bills passed by Congress and signed into law," Thornberry added.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27580 on: February 13, 2020, 06:07:39 PM »

NYT:

I am reminded of a famous Lord Byron quote from Don Juan.
The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice with the palace has the brew that is true!

barton

« Reply #27581 on: February 13, 2020, 06:38:23 PM »

For tooth decay is a danger to diction.  Something like that. 

Wow,  if you can make Barr think you're undermining the independence of the federal judiciary...that's saying something. 

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27582 on: February 13, 2020, 06:40:36 PM »

Red White and Blue.

Your true colors of dog shit and rat piss are so vivid I can smell them even through the internet.

She spanks him with the Alta catalogue and back issues of Tiger Beat. He’s got to get up for re-election. The job just doesn’t excite him any more.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #27583 on: February 13, 2020, 09:00:07 PM »

You couldn't discern them from, er, all his other posts?   That's kinda funny,  given that Facility is so not prone to equivocation or cloaking his sentiments re 45.

True colors meaning he treats women like he says Trump does,

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #27584 on: February 13, 2020, 09:22:20 PM »

No doubt Fac has some "Grab em by the pu**y" in his background.
Pages: 1 ... 1837 1838 [1839] 1840 1841 ... 4288