Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1874 1875 [1876] 1877 1878 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1611484 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #28125 on: February 29, 2020, 11:06:09 PM »

Uncle Joe - back from the dead and now the presumed nominee

Fun(ny) stuff indeed.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #28126 on: February 29, 2020, 11:21:23 PM »

Fun(ny) stuff indeed.

“Next on the Price is Right? Hunter Biden come on down!”

Any takers the first asshole to go full Burisma will be Don, Jr., aka Diaper Don - for all the times he got shitfaced and pissed himself in college?
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28127 on: February 29, 2020, 11:34:46 PM »

The history of Pence's time in Indiana indicates that when Governor Pence had a chance to save lives because of an epidemic he failed miserably.

You are an idiot - and worse yet - one with very little original thought.

This is not one that required original thought, Kid. It required knowledge of history, which you either do not have or actively deny. I don't know which.

As for your claim of my idiocy, which is more idiotic - my bothering to talk to you or your praise of GLC Don Trump?

Trump misidentifies first US coronavirus fatality, calling man a ‘wonderful woman’
President Trump misidentified the nation’s first coronavirus fatality as a “wonderful woman” on Saturday — the victim, in fact, was a man who died in a Seattle-area hospital…

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2016/07/28/indianas-hiv-outbreak-avoidable-study-says/87668232/
The study, published last week, also reveals contradictions between what Indiana public health officials think is best for the state and the policies currently in place.

In conclusion, the study found that Scott County's public health crisis — which left 181 people in Southeastern Indiana HIV positive — was caused by a "close network" of residents injecting opioid Opana and sharing needles. It suggests that Indiana and other largely rural states should focus on prevention measures such as more HIV testing, identifying networks of intravenous drug users, increasing access to treatment, considering syringe-exchange programs and education.

"Although the magnitude of the outbreak was alarming, the introduction of HIV into a rural community in the United States was not unexpected when considered in the context of increasing trends in injection use of prescription opioid (painkillers)," the study says.

Don't like that one?
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28130629

Indiana, a large rural state in the Midwestern United States, suffered the worst North American HIV outbreak among injection drug users in years. The Indiana state government under former Governor and current US Vice President Mike Pence fueled the HIV outbreak by prohibiting needle/syringe exchange and failed to take substantive action once the outbreak was identified. This failure in public health policy parallels the HIV epidemics driven by oppressive drug laws in current day Russia and is reminiscent of the anti-science AIDS denialism of 1999-2007 South Africa.

The idiots are Mike Pence and you, Kid.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #28128 on: February 29, 2020, 11:35:56 PM »

The history of Pence's time in Indiana indicates that when Governor Pence had a chance to save lives because of an epidemic he failed miserably.

You are an idiot - and worse yet - one with very little original thought.

I think he’s correct. Pence was a dick who could have staved off the epidemic but dithered.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #28129 on: February 29, 2020, 11:37:33 PM »

As of Feb. 22, in the current season there were at least 32 million cases of flu in the United States, 310,000 hospitalizations and 18,000 flu deaths, according to the C.D.C. Hospitalization rates among children and young adults this year have been unusually high.

By contrast, fewer than 70 people in the United States have been infected with the new coronavirus, and there has been one death. There are no treatments or vaccines for the coronavirus, only supportive care for infected people.
Most cases of coronavirus infection are not severe, but some people do become quite sick. Data from the largest study of patients to date, conducted in China, suggests that of coronavirus patients receiving medical attention, 80 percent had mild infections, about 15 percent had severe illnesses, and 5 percent were critical.
No deaths have been reported for teenagers or children.

NYTimes February 28, 2020

Driver125

• View Profile
« Reply #28130 on: March 01, 2020, 12:02:52 AM »

I think he’s correct. Pence was a dick who could have staved off the epidemic but dithered.
Pence should have avoided all of this like—well—the plague. Told old Trumpy that he was going to be out of town on some sort of Christian sabbatical or something. Now he’s going to be right out front on this, taking all of the hits that Trump should be taking. But he couldn’t help it…..the man is dumb as a Pence-post fence post (so to speak).

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #28131 on: March 01, 2020, 12:04:38 AM »

We should be scared shitless of this disease but not of terrorist activity.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #28132 on: March 01, 2020, 12:07:20 AM »

Little original thought, moderator

Its in the "news".  its anti-administration

Up it goes here as a Josh (unbiased mod) post.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28133 on: March 01, 2020, 12:15:16 AM »

I don't think we should be scared shitless of this disease, if we handle it wisely, Kid.

The problem is that thus far at every step the White House has handled it WRONG. It's efforts to minimize the effects, to misrepresent how deadly it has been thus far, and to try to control the message by muzzling the scientists who work for the government are exactly how the Spanish Flu became the big deal it became - limiting information flow, minimizing the risks, and lack of cooperation with others.

Ward posted a portion of a NYT article discussing the flu by comparison to this.

He chose to omit the death rate (thus far) among those who contract the disease, the ease with which it transmits, the incubation period's indeterminate length, and its extended 'life' on surfaces before dying.

It's a problem - we now have multiple cases for whom there is no known vector.

I am not scared shitless because the rest of the world is not pretending nothing is happening the way they all did 100 years ago.

I am not scared shitless because our baseline health is vastly better than it was then and our capacity to care for the sick is far higher.

But, listen, jerk! Not being scared shitless doesn't mean I want our government sending in folks to deal with exposed people who don't have any protection, as our government already did once! I don't want our hospitals releasing folks without their having been tested and cleard (as one did in Italy). I don't want our equivalent of a Health Minister going on TV to announce that everything is under control, while sweating profusely because he was already sick (and not quarantined, yet, himself), as Iran saw!

And should quarantines come to our communities, not just individual buildings or cruise ships, I don't want assholes like you trying to break it because you fucking think it is fake news!
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28134 on: March 01, 2020, 12:22:02 AM »

Little original thought, moderator

Its in the "news".  its anti-administration

Up it goes here as a Josh (unbiased mod) post.

Still a jerk.

It's in the NEWS, not the "news," Kid. It HAPPENED, even if you want to pretend it didn't. We posted about it back when he was governor and again when the follow-up report happened.

That you want to pretend it has no bearing on trusting Pence to handle this is your bias.

Let us know if you EVER decide to be honest about this administration and its ineptness.

See me not holding my breath.

Do you look at the Business & Tech section?

I remove dozens of spam from there as well as other places. That's my job - as well as protecting you all from assholes who want to expose you.

Unbiased? Hah!

As I have said before, but as far as I can tell you have never done, you are cordially invited to complain about me to Liq - he owns the board, I just work here (for $0). But knock yourself out.

Better still, you want to be the global moderator? Say the word and I will suggest to Liq that he replace me with you, so long as you'll actually do the job!

See me not holding my breath about that, either.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28135 on: March 01, 2020, 02:34:51 AM »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28136 on: March 01, 2020, 04:15:47 AM »

White cracker terrorists are getting very bold and becoming more and more of a danger to everyone. They follow the asshole and thief and his Nuremberg style hate-rants filled with shitbag mating calls.

Don’t take your gun to Walmart, Kiid. Leave your gun at home, Kiid.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #28137 on: March 01, 2020, 09:04:12 AM »

Shut the fuck up..

Even though Trump was a private gadfly at the time, all of this had an impact. His unhinged tweets were covered both by right-wing and mainstream media, and Trump pushed the same talking points during Fox News appearances. As Dr. Steven Hatch detailed for Mother Jones back in 2017, Republicans running for office that year ended up taking cues from Trump’s talking points:

Trump’s social-media outbursts were among the earliest shots fired in the political war over Ebola. The timing of the Ebola outbreak could not have been more propitious for Republicans, many of whom echoed Trump’s calls for a temporary travel ban. In the run-up to the 2014 midterm elections, the specter of a lethal African virus being spread through the United States by migrants stoked fears not only among the GOP base, but also among many voters who leaned Democratic. By October, two-thirds of respondents to a Washington Post/ABC News poll said they favored restricting travel from Ebola-affected countries.
But after the midterms came and went on November 4 — elections in which Republicans gained nine Senate seats and 13 House seats — Trump lost interest in the issue. He only posted two tweets about Ebola after the midterms, with his last one coming on November 10.

Trump’s hysteria about Ebola was overblown. The virus did not spread in the United States. There were only two deaths from the disease in the country, and both of them were people who contracted it in Africa. It’s hard to argue that the Obama administration’s response was anything but competent and effective. But, reality aside, fear-mongering about Ebola served as a useful political cudgel for Trump, who at the time was publicly mulling whether to run for president.
[/b]

https://www.vox.com/2020/2/26/21154253/trump-ebola-tweets-coronavirus

Lyndon Johnson

barton

« Reply #28138 on: March 01, 2020, 09:55:02 AM »

Still chuckling over KidC presenting himself as the champion of "original thought. "

oilcan

« Reply #28139 on: March 01, 2020, 10:06:04 AM »

Fun(ny) stuff indeed.

While I salute your originality, I'd ask if you're aware of Super Tuesday.   No one is presumed a nominee this year until the full range of picks is voted on in those 14 states,  which include TX and CA and therefore a shitload of delegates. 

I do not believe Bernie can beat Trump,  so I hope a more moderate candidate sweeps through. 
Pages: 1 ... 1874 1875 [1876] 1877 1878 ... 4288