Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1911 1912 [1913] 1914 1915 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1602706 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #28680 on: March 09, 2020, 04:49:28 PM »

Gas Mask Gaetz in self quarantine after exposure...

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #28681 on: March 09, 2020, 05:09:29 PM »

Trump beats Obama! Congrats, huh?

I take it the Obama gang is no longer claiming credit for the economy?

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #28682 on: March 09, 2020, 05:17:33 PM »

Biting commentary from Red. I wonder where it came from.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #28684 on: March 09, 2020, 05:37:47 PM »

You must not pay attention to the comments made here.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #28685 on: March 09, 2020, 05:38:52 PM »

You must not pay attention to the comments made here.

You need new material...
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28686 on: March 09, 2020, 06:48:27 PM »

Just about time for Jim to post "I never supported Trump or his policies."

He and Kid can sing that in chorus.

Of chorus.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #28687 on: March 09, 2020, 07:25:20 PM »

I take it the Trump gang is no longer claiming credit for the stock market.

—-

Two arguments can be made:

One, that this shows the foolhardiness of taking the position “I know this President is so bad in so many areas and is making life worse for so many Americans but I support him because Economy.”  When not actively enacting policies to pull the country out of recession (or enacting policies that hurt, like, say, starting a trade war) a President’s ability to control economic conditions is limited by externalities.

Or, you could also argue that had the US had a competent leader in place able to direct a competent response to this epidemic, then we would not be looking at a possibility of it spreading out of control here and the economic blow-back would be far smaller.

Either way, as I said this morning, supporting Trump because of some belief that he was good for the economy was stupid as shit.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #28688 on: March 09, 2020, 07:48:55 PM »

—-

One, that this shows the foolhardiness of taking the position “I know this President is so bad in so many areas and is making life worse for so many Americans but I support him because Economy.”  When not actively enacting policies to pull the country out of recession (or enacting policies that hurt, like, say, starting a trade war) a President’s ability to control economic conditions is limited by externalities.

Or, you could also argue that had the US had a competent leader in place able to direct a competent response to this epidemic, then we would not be looking at a possibility of it spreading out of control here and the economic blow-back would be far smaller.

Either way, as I said this morning, supporting Trump because of some belief that he was good for the economy was stupid as shit.
Actually,he has been good for the economy.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #28689 on: March 09, 2020, 08:23:38 PM »

—-

Incompetent leadership is never good for the economy.

You can ride the coat tails of the actual President who came before you for only so long before you are exposed as a pretender.

And that is where we are now.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #28690 on: March 09, 2020, 08:51:05 PM »

—-

Incompetent leadership is never good for the economy.

You can ride the coat tails of the actual President who came before you for only so long before you are exposed as a pretender.

And that is where we are now.
ROFL!

oilcan

« Reply #28691 on: March 09, 2020, 08:57:44 PM »

Red got a tax cut.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28692 on: March 09, 2020, 09:06:51 PM »

Trump sure isn't.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28693 on: March 09, 2020, 09:08:52 PM »

Trump sure isn't.
He broke it. It’s his now.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #28694 on: March 09, 2020, 09:17:02 PM »

The trickle down and corona. All on the Donald.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.
Pages: 1 ... 1911 1912 [1913] 1914 1915 ... 4288