Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1928 1929 [1930] 1931 1932 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1584176 times)

barton

Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #28935 on: March 13, 2020, 05:03:41 PM »

Luee,  if you acknowledge megalomania, lying, and bad economics,  then I can only nod and tip my hat to an alert and open mind.   

(due to an unfortunate experiment with self-trepanation in my twenties,  tipping my hat also opens my mind...)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28936 on: March 13, 2020, 05:07:47 PM »

Trump goes on TV to tell the nation and the world he has no idea what is going on in his administration and that he takes no responsibility for it.
Well, he has a sign on his desk that reads, "The Buck Stops Elsewhere".
The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice with the palace has the brew that is true!

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #28937 on: March 13, 2020, 05:42:49 PM »

What a hellish future view. No sports, a killer pandemic, and an elected megalomaniac leader who does not bother with the truth.

Oh, but he did a few good things for the veterans, before also shafting them!

And he’s keeping the surging hordes of brown primitives out of the country
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #28939 on: March 13, 2020, 06:07:11 PM »

Cuomo has this thing going through Thanksgiving.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28941 on: March 13, 2020, 06:10:08 PM »

What a hellish future view. No sports, a killer pandemic, and an elected megalomaniac leader who does not bother with the truth.

Oh, but he did a few good things for the veterans, before also shafting them!

The prez did a few good things as well. The vets, secure borders, a national identity, along with the bad. I am not a big fan of the trickle down.

The borders are no more secure than they were before he got elected.

Our "national identity" was a joke before the coronavirus travesty. It is more of one, now.

And he's screwed the vets and their families, but you keep pretending he didn't.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #28942 on: March 13, 2020, 06:10:57 PM »

The bill will be amended and resubmitted.

It'll only take a few days.

What's a few days, right?

Dems counted on an "urgency" plea from the masses when they tried to slip in the extras.  Trump wasn't biting.  ".  ..things they have been pushing for for 25 years..." getting a NO DICE.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28943 on: March 13, 2020, 06:11:25 PM »

Trump goes on TV to tell the nation and the world he has no idea what is going on in his administration and that he takes no responsibility for it.
Well, he has a sign on his desk that reads, "The Buck Stops Elsewhere".

He always thought that song from WWI was about that: "Over there! Over there!"
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28945 on: March 13, 2020, 06:14:18 PM »

The bill will be amended and resubmitted.

It'll only take a few days.

What's a few days, right?

Dems counted on an "urgency" plea from the masses when they tried to slip in the extras.  Trump wasn't biting.  ".  ..things they have been pushing for for 25 years..." getting a NO DICE.

It didn't get passed because it did not explicitly state that abortions could not be paid for with federal money.

Once again, you make a claim with no substance to support it.

Still waiting for the particulars you claim AOC got wrong.

Not holding my breath.

You love making accusations without supporting them. It's not just that you aren't here to debate -- you aren't here to be honest.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28946 on: March 13, 2020, 06:20:14 PM »

Not that anybody should have expected him to take any responsibility for it.

I'm even willing to grant that he likely believes that. His level of self-deception is even higher than Ward's and Kid's.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #28947 on: March 13, 2020, 06:36:59 PM »

Councilman Dr. Jose F. Moreno
9 mins ·

Neighbors. OC Food Bank needs our help.

Contact
OC food coordinator
Andre Gaithe
714.897.6670 ext. 3493
[email protected]

Orange County Food Bank needs volunteers
Now accepting walk-ins
This schedule will remain this way until the end of April

Time: Everyday from 8am-10:30am 11am-1pm
please do not be late

Address: 11870 Monarch St, Garden Grove, CA 92841

There will be plenty to do from making boxes, packing food for people, organizing, etc.

Please share.

--------------------------------

The Orange County Food Bank needs volunteers.

We will all be fine, no one is going to starve in Orange County.

Kiwanis and others plan for emergencies, and everyone is ready to jump in and help when they are needed. You can bet that Kiwanis is working overtime right now figuring out how they can be of service.

We even have a plan to get seafood from the ocean to help to feed the people of Orange County in an emergency.

Here is the information in case you want to volunteer to work at the Orange County Food Bank.

Salute,

Tony V.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28948 on: March 13, 2020, 06:37:24 PM »

"Leadership" in action.

Asked whether he took responsibility for disbanding the office of pandemics, Trump called it "a nasty question" (it wasn't) before adding: "When you say 'me,' I didn't do it. We have a group of people [in the administration]. But I could perhaps ask Tony about that, because I don't know anything about it."

As for the lack of coronavirus test kits currently available -- a "failing" acknowledged by Fauci, Trump reached back to the previous administration's handling of the H1N1 swine flu in 2009.

"Ask them how they did with swine flu," said Trump. "They had a very big disaster."

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #28949 on: March 13, 2020, 06:43:51 PM »

We have good leadership here in Anaheim, my Council representative attended Harvard.

https://anaheim.net/3523/Council-Member-Jose-F-Moreno

Salute,

Tony V.
Pages: 1 ... 1928 1929 [1930] 1931 1932 ... 4288