Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1964 1965 [1966] 1967 1968 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2012042 times)

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #29475 on: March 21, 2020, 04:19:21 PM »

Clinics in Ohio ordered to stop ‘non-essential’, ‘elective’ surgical abortions

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #29476 on: March 21, 2020, 04:20:05 PM »

Bo - stay centered.  Lets not lose you to the pessimist masses.

How the fuck you get so old being so goddamn stupid?
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

barton

« Reply #29477 on: March 21, 2020, 04:20:36 PM »

But before an anti-malarial with strong side effects is widely administered,  it needs to be clinically tested.   

Chloraquine has been used widely for decades.
It doesn't have strong side effects.  For short term usage such as malaria treatment and a viral flu, side effects are of limited to no concern.  Though there could be some if the dosage needs to be significantly increased.

Thanks.

Let me answer this clearly,  so I don't get trolled later by El Sanctimonio.  Yes,  it's well tested insofar as malaria,  lupus,  and RA are concerned.  All I really meant was that some testing phase is needed insofar as its interaction with a novel virus,  and also cocktail interaction if it's blended with Zithromax to treat said virus.   I am not pessimistic about this at all,  but only want people to understand that hype is not useful until more data is gleaned.   

And I hope people stay focused on things we know boost the immune system like zinc,  selenium, ginger,  turmeric,  red bell peppers,  and exercise.   

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29478 on: March 21, 2020, 04:58:19 PM »

Yet rather than be excited about the prospects of this drug helping in the fight against COVID-19, Bo -  moderator and his cronies throw cold water on the prospects and degrade any medical personnel promoting its study/use

Seriously sick.

All my cronies!

Kid, yes.

I am throwing cold water on hacks promoting it's USE and promoting it as a SOLUTION.

I have zero objections to its being studied and it's great that its maker donated a ton of it. But the person who threw cold water on the excitement is the ONLY professional with knowledge who either of us has cited.

Yes, you are seriously sick. Have you considered chloraquine. I am sure you can find a doctor of some sort who thinks it might help!
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29479 on: March 21, 2020, 05:00:24 PM »

Game changer

https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2020/03/nj-man-with-suspected-case-of-coronavirus-says-anti-malaria-drug-is-helping-him-recover.html

SUSPECTED case.

Does the term "placebo effect" have any meaning to you?

Let me know when they discover he did have COVID-19, Kid.

Otherwise, it is exactly what Faucia was complaining about.

Stop promoting fake information, Kid. Last warning.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #29480 on: March 21, 2020, 05:03:35 PM »

My favorite miracle drug is prednisone, a corticosteroid that does wonders.  I first heard of it on relation to cancer patients.  I was given it when I had a severe food allergy.  It's also very good for arthritis, and used to treat lupus, ms, leukemia and more.  Problem is its very powerful and has a long list of horrible side effects, so can only be prescribed short term.  But as an anti-inflammatory and immunosuppressant it's truly amazing.

From some very quick research:
Prednisone is also sometimes used with antibiotics to treat a certain type of pneumonia in patients with acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS).

I was going to suggest prednisone should be tried with the corona virus and its complications.  They should look into it.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 05:14:32 PM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29481 on: March 21, 2020, 05:22:04 PM »

That's why it's not pouring cold water when every pharma and medical organization in the world conducts clinical trials to see if,  and how,  a treatment works.   

Clinical trials = using the drug. 
No it is not. Clinical trials = experimenting with the drug in a controlled environment. Touting an untested drug with no proven positive effects is dangerous even if the side effects are not.
The wind, the wind, the wind is, the wind is bullshit, I

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #29483 on: March 21, 2020, 05:46:50 PM »

That's why it's not pouring cold water when every pharma and medical organization in the world conducts clinical trials to see if,  and how,  a treatment works.   

No it is not. Clinical trials = experimenting with the drug in a controlled environment. Touting an untested drug with no proven positive effects is dangerous even if the side effects are not.

The drug is being administered by prominent physicians, with benefit.

Don't confuse it with something new awaiting approval.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29485 on: March 21, 2020, 06:17:59 PM »

The drug is being administered by prominent physicians, with benefit.

Don't confuse it with something new awaiting approval.

It's a new use that is awaiting approval.

It is UNTESTED for this use, jerk.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29486 on: March 21, 2020, 06:29:13 PM »

Too bad the imposter executive and do nothing but dishonest PR approach has put us 6 weeks behind in responding to exacerbating problems the misadministration has yet to acknowledge much less sort out.

http://www.salon.com/2020/03/21/trump-can-fk-this-up-and-still-win-in-november-heres-how-to-stop-him/

We are a modern nation with great capabilities. Of course we can defeat a virus. We should be doing better at it than everyone else.

Trump is the most visible pustule of a social disease called republican politics which is causing us to function in response like a banana republic in the third world.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #29487 on: March 21, 2020, 06:47:48 PM »

Anaheim is full of Disneyland workers, so you know they love children, and they have patience, and they are creative and imaginative, they are givers, Anaheim is full of great people.

The show must go on.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #29488 on: March 21, 2020, 06:57:06 PM »

A couple of thoughts on available goods from over the counter...

When I was a kid and when I would get a chest cold, my Mother would rub Vick's VapoRub on my chest when she put me to bed, and it seemed to help. And she would put a little bit under my nose.

And then there is Nyquil, it helps me when I get sick, I take it before bed and it helps me to sleep.

Salute,

Tony V.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #29489 on: March 21, 2020, 07:11:38 PM »

The Kirkland brand Nighttime cold capsules are excellent.

Just getting over a 3-week bout. 
Pages: 1 ... 1964 1965 [1966] 1967 1968 ... 4288