Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2000 2001 [2002] 2003 2004 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1610871 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #30015 on: March 27, 2020, 03:33:57 PM »

Why don't you do some research instead of just speculating?

And why get caught up in one case, or anecdotes, when the big picture is much more important.

Feels like you're distracting and wasting our time on purpose.

Well... it has been stated that this man died due to a shortage of PPE in NYC. This doesnt jibe with what we are being told.  If hospitals are rationing based on the end of the world-like scenarios being put forth, this could run counter to what is wise.  Here/now medicine should be first.  If the man was told to not change his PPE- or to not use an entire set of garb, this was incorrect and needs to be called out in light of accusations being made that shortages (and the US government) caused the death.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30016 on: March 27, 2020, 03:38:54 PM »

Why don't you do some research instead of just speculating?

And why get caught up in one case, or anecdotes, when the big picture is much more important.

Feels like you're distracting and wasting our time on purpose.

Well... it has been stated that this man died due to a shortage of PPE in NYC. This doesnt jibe with what we are being told.

It doesn't gibe with what your fevered imagination is hearing.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #30017 on: March 27, 2020, 03:39:39 PM »

Self-important, much?

Greta Thunberg

The environmental activist suspected she had the coronavirus, so she stayed apart from her family. “The last two weeks I’ve stayed inside,” she shared March 24. “When I returned from my trip around Central Europe I isolated myself (in a borrowed apartment away from my mother and sister) since the number of cases of COVID-19 (in Germany for instance) were similar to Italy in the beginning. Around ten days ago I started feeling some symptoms, exactly the same time as my father — who traveled with me from Brussels. I was feeling tired, had shivers, a sore throat and coughed. My dad experienced the same symptoms, but much more intense and with a fever.” Thunberg explained that she hadn’t taken a test, because those were being reserved for emergency cases, but she suspected she had it. “Now I’ve basically recovered, but — AND THIS IS THE BOTTOM LINE: I almost didn’t feel ill. My last cold was much worse than this!” She urged people to stay home and avoid spreading the viru

oilcan

« Reply #30018 on: March 27, 2020, 03:45:08 PM »

Self-important, much?

Greta Thunberg

The environmental activist suspected she had the coronavirus, so she stayed apart from her family. “The last two weeks I’ve stayed inside,” she shared March 24. “When I returned from my trip around Central Europe I isolated myself (in a borrowed apartment away from my mother and sister) since the number of cases of COVID-19 (in Germany for instance) were similar to Italy in the beginning. Around ten days ago I started feeling some symptoms, exactly the same time as my father — who traveled with me from Brussels. I was feeling tired, had shivers, a sore throat and coughed. My dad experienced the same symptoms, but much more intense and with a fever.” Thunberg explained that she hadn’t taken a test, because those were being reserved for emergency cases, but she suspected she had it. “Now I’ve basically recovered, but — AND THIS IS THE BOTTOM LINE: I almost didn’t feel ill. My last cold was much worse than this!” She urged people to stay home and avoid spreading the viru

A teenage girl giving up her mobility and outdoor life and FtF social contacts for two weeks?  Then giving useful public health advice to millions of followers?    That selfish bitch!   

oilcan

« Reply #30019 on: March 27, 2020, 03:55:19 PM »

https://youtu.be/AnZ_5cm5eXA

Jonathan Pie (the roving reporter alter ego of comedian Tom Walker)  goes on lockdown.   A couple lines maybe NSFW.   funny stuff.    I liked the line about IT guys.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30020 on: March 27, 2020, 03:56:21 PM »

Turns out that Dr. Fauci and VP Pence have been... aspirational in their description of the President's talk about Easter as having been merely aspirational.

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-coronavirus-shutdown-fox-news-sean-hannity-1494634?fbclid=IwAR0LZFyMcXdzjhKnSlthbgYlOWYrzRdbdA2S0ogajRnBFW7M-FnIVsLwnUQ
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30021 on: March 27, 2020, 03:58:11 PM »

Self-important, much?

Greta Thunberg

So, which part of that strikes you as "self-important," Kid?!

She blogged about her experience, as millions of others, many of them teens, are doing.

Go ahead and answer a question for a change!

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30022 on: March 27, 2020, 03:59:23 PM »

If someone as intelligent and principled as Greta Thunberg were president we’d be on the downslope of wave one as opposed to still rocketing up toward the peak with no idea how high it actually goes.

Trump is a clumsy colicky infant with no idea how to do what non-imposter presidents do in situations like this. The bloom is off his rose.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #30023 on: March 27, 2020, 04:22:45 PM »

The clock is still ticking for the federal government to begin to launch a coherent response to combating the virus nationally. 21 day lockdown has not started yet. The delay in addition to making the outbreak somewhere between 16 and 256 times worse than it would have been under competent management so far, delays the date when an economic engine can attempt to restart.

It’s about even money whether or not other federal officials can work around, over, and through trump to get a recognizable federal response going by April.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30024 on: March 27, 2020, 04:24:28 PM »

Who says it's bogus, Ward?

EVERYBODY who cares about the truth:
https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/26/politics/fact-check-trump-coronavirus-briefing/index.html
The TDS has ruined the democrat party and what little credibility you have. But keep us up to date on CNN reporting. That stopped clock, by comparison, may win a Pulitzer!
LOL!

The King of Lack of Credibility has spoken.
Which is a more useless cliche? ________ Derangement Syndrome or."stopped.clock"?
LOL!
Oh, forgot that one! LOL when you have no substantive response IS a more useless cliche then those two. Good job, sea lion.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #30025 on: March 27, 2020, 04:26:01 PM »

https://youtu.be/AnZ_5cm5eXA

Jonathan Pie (the roving reporter alter ego of comedian Tom Walker)  goes on lockdown.   A couple lines maybe NSFW.   funny stuff.    I liked the line about IT guys.
But is it NSFWFH?
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #30026 on: March 27, 2020, 04:31:36 PM »

When Dunning-Kruger becomes a fatal disease:

New York Coronavirus Death Toll Jumps By 134 Overnight
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/new-york-coronavirus-death-toll-jumps-by-134-overnight_n_5e7e4003c5b661492266c0a0
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 04:45:53 PM by Hairy Lime »

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #30027 on: March 27, 2020, 04:37:08 PM »

Oilcan, that made my day.

“Annoying little brother with severe learning disabilities is watching you.”

Lime, I hadn’t seen NSFWFH before. How comprehensively it applies would depend on who else is home I’d guess.

Richard P. Feynman

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #30028 on: March 27, 2020, 04:47:34 PM »

Oilcan, that made my day.

“Annoying little brother with severe learning disabilities is watching you.”

Lime, I hadn’t seen NSFWFH before.
Well, I've never WFH before.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #30029 on: March 27, 2020, 04:58:17 PM »

"So the point is, 'well they're in a stockpile, you must not need them' is just ignorant -- of course you don't need them today!" Cuomo continued. "You need them when you hit the apex, which is 30,000. We're not there yet."

Yes. As I have been saying

If YOU had said so - just like this - initially - the media frenzy would nt have been what it was.

Not everyone in the US - matter of fact - a small percentage - can reason things out.
Pages: 1 ... 2000 2001 [2002] 2003 2004 ... 4288