Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2013 2014 [2015] 2016 2017 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1600774 times)

bankshot1

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #30210 on: March 29, 2020, 09:18:35 PM »

The lieing motherfucker was too stupid to listen to his medical experts, fired the pandemic experts

and boasted like a fucking idiot that 15 CV victims would soon be 0

and then called it a hoax

and then a politcal ploy to tarnish him

and then it would just disappear in the sunshine

and praise be Jesus we could all celebrate and contaminate each other for Easter!

and now he is claiming if just 100,000 Americans die it will be a great victory.

Every time he opens his mouth he endangers us.

Damn him to hell

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #30211 on: March 29, 2020, 09:24:21 PM »

The lieing motherfucker was too stupid to listen to his medical experts, fired the pandemic experts

and boasted like a fucking idiot that 15 CV victims would soon be 0

and then called it a hoax

and then a politcal ploy to tarnish him

and then it would just disappear in the sunshine

and praise be Jesus we could all celebrate and contaminate each other for Easter!

and now he is claiming if just 100,000 Americans die it will be a great victory.

Every time he opens his mouth he endangers us.

Damn him to hell

And Bernie Sanders fanatics are gnashing their teeth and wailing “Biden can’t beat Trump!” and shit like that.

Trump is in the b7nker and it is late March 1945.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #30212 on: March 29, 2020, 09:54:03 PM »

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30213 on: March 29, 2020, 10:01:43 PM »

"I mean, looking at what we're seeing now, you know, I would say between 100 and 200,000 (deaths). But I don't want to be held to that," he said, adding that the US is going to have "millions of cases."

Well, like I said - at the current pace we would need to have 6 million cases to get to his numbers

Maybe we will.  Or maybe the death rate goes way up.  We shall see.

It's like you don't read.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/29/politics/trump-deaths-coronavirus/index.html

Trump admits the number may cross 100,000 dead.

We hope that it is only 1%, Kid, because at the current rate, if we hit 1,000,000 cases we're looking at 150-180,000 dead and if we hit the 6 million that you think we "need" to to get to the 100k figure, we're looking at 900,000 to 1,080,000 dead - using the more conservative worldwide numbers rather than the US numbers, which have a million turning into 350,000 dead.

If Trump is admitting we might cross 100,000 dead, we would be fools to think it isn't going north of 200,000 dead.

He has understated the danger every fucking stel of the way!!
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #30214 on: March 29, 2020, 10:08:15 PM »

"Except for in the most extreme circumstances, we do not have the authority to control the movement of US citizens within our borders, and frankly, I'm concerned about the number of people who are eager to hand their rights over to the government."

Happening all over the nation.

No Louisiana residents allowed across the border into Texas - just an example.

Florida stopping all cars on the interstate at the border.   Turning some cars around.

Rhode Island showing its muscles - first time since the Schilling case.

etc....

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #30215 on: March 29, 2020, 10:11:53 PM »

"I mean, looking at what we're seeing now, you know, I would say between 100 and 200,000 (deaths). But I don't want to be held to that," he said, adding that the US is going to have "millions of cases."

Well, like I said - at the current pace we would need to have 6 million cases to get to his numbers

We hope that it is only 1%, Kid, because at the current rate, if we hit 1,000,000 cases we're looking at 150-180,000 dead and if we hit the 6 million that you think we "need" to to get to the 100k figure, we're looking at 900,000 to 1,080,000 dead - using the more conservative worldwide numbers rather than the US numbers, which have a million turning into 350,000 dead.

If Trump is admitting we might cross 100,000 dead, we would be fools to think it isn't going north of 200,000 dead.

You, sir - are a moron.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30216 on: March 29, 2020, 10:27:02 PM »

Trump and republican governors are ensuring we get at least 20-30 million cases on the low end. 

Trump is running on incompetence, red ink, and body bags in 2020 as the face of the deadly and repulsive republican brand.

Please - just stow it.  You are embarrassing your family.

You would know all about doing that, Kid.

But regardless, governors like Florida's and Texas' and Missouri's help to illustrate the point, with their refusals to apply strict behavior standards until it was way too late - Florida especially.

But to be fair, Bel Edwards has not done a bang up job in Louisiana, either.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30217 on: March 29, 2020, 10:32:11 PM »

CADILLAC of all press conferences tonight

Not that it matters now but expect Trump election figures to soar.
and

I think by the time Trump is done with them CNN may just be flat out of business.

Keep those resumes handy.

Kid, I think your new cheerleader uniform is a little tight and blocking the flow of blood to your brains.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30218 on: March 29, 2020, 10:35:02 PM »

You, sir - are a moron.

Say the person who tells others to be mature.

Rebut one thing I have said, Kid, instead of just name calling. I do plenty of name calling, but I also provide evidence. And the evidence to support everything I said in that post has been posted here multiple times.

And you fucking well know it.

Asshole.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30219 on: March 29, 2020, 11:00:11 PM »

Kid is a sad echo of the fascist wank machine.

He provides a glimpse of the thoughts of people obviously too vile to converse with.

He’s also illustrative of how a miseducated individual can be taken by chumps.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30220 on: March 29, 2020, 11:21:28 PM »

3/29: "So Mr. Falwell — a staunch ally of President Trump and an influential voice in the evangelical world — reopened the university last week, igniting a firestorm. As of Friday, Dr. Eppes said, nearly a dozen Liberty students were sick with symptoms that suggested Covid-19, the disease caused by the virus. Three were referred to local hospital centers for testing. Another eight were told to self-isolate."

NYT

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30221 on: March 29, 2020, 11:26:27 PM »

On the topic of "nothing could have been done" in late January:

Note: This is DiBlasio mishandling things in all likelihood. (And not one of Cuomo's shinier moments, either!)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30222 on: March 29, 2020, 11:47:28 PM »

Some highlights, since I know neither Kid nor Ward will read it all:

(B)izarrely Trump randomly pivots to explaining how he didn't know until TODAY that 2.2 MILLION AMERICANS will likely die if we don't maintain social distancing -- even though that number was specifically briefed IN FRONT of him two weeks ago on national TV.

Naturally, now that Trump is suddenly aware of the probability of 2.2 MILLION DEATHS, he never said he was going to order America back to work by Easter. That was, uh, um, well, you see, um, just "aspirational."

The man who always speaks bluntly, is suddenly talking in metaphor and parable.
-----------

Trump goes after reporter Yacmiche Alcindor for daring to ask about his repeated attacks on various governors. Trump angrily says, "We sent thousands of generators to New York ... the people in New York never distribute it the generators."
------------

Trump then segues into: "The biggest problem was the test didn't work. That was not from us. That has been there a long time" and suggests that the fault lies with Obama.
----------

hen, bizarrely -- or not, given that this the new normal -- Trump says: "You will see drugs being used like nobody has ever used them before, and people are going to be dying all over the place."

I thought at first he was talking about his repeated claims about untested drugs as a cure for the coronavirus. You know, aquarium cleaner. But, instead, he was talking about drug ABUSE. Not sure by who, but you can probably guess. You know what happens when "those" people stay home with nothing to do.

A CNN reporter tries to get Trump back to his comments about the governors of blue states having to be more "appreciative." Trump screams at him, "YOUR STATEMENT IS A LIE!"

The reporter was LITERALLY quoting Trump's own statement.

Jim Wright
4 hrs
If you're not watching Trump's nightly Coronavirus shitfest, he's the summary:

He started out by accusing nurses of hoarding or stealing face masks.

Trump: "There is something going on. I don't know if it is hoarding. It is maybe worse than hoarding ... for years, 10 to 20,000 masks. Okay. It's a New York City hospital. It's packed all the time. How do you go from 10 to 20 to 300,000? 10 to 20,000 masks, to 300,000 ... even though this is different. Something is going on. And you ought to look into it as reporters. Where are the masks going? Are they going out the back door? How do you go from 10,000 to 300,000? Uh, and we have that in a lot of different places. So ... somebody should probably look into that, 'cause I just don't see from a practical standpoint how that's possible to go from that to that, and we have that happening in numerous places..."

He then accused hospitals of "hoarding" ventilators.

He does this several times throughout the briefing, Suggesting New York State Governor Andrew Cuomo, New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio, and medical personnel, specifically nurses, are conspiring to overinflate the number of ventilators and masks needed.

Again, he does this more than once.

Trump then admits there actually ARE shortages, but blames Obama. Saying that it's like how the military was out of bullets when he took over. None of this has any basis in reality whatsoever, but the toadies in the background are all nodding like this is fact.

This is beyond gaslighting.

This is a radioactive gas cloud.

This is like watching the Soviet government press briefings about Chernobyl, when the reactor was still burning and the Russians didn't realize we could actually SEE it from orbit and that radiation meters were sounding the alarm over half the planet.

Trump then talks about immigrants and how keeping them out of America probably prevented us from getting the plague and everybody behind him has this carefully practiced expressionless Soviet face on, and then bizarrely Trump randomly pivots to explaining how he didn't know until TODAY that 2.2 MILLION AMERICANS will likely die if we don't maintain social distancing -- even though that number was specifically briefed IN FRONT of him two weeks ago on national TV.

Naturally, now that Trump is suddenly aware of the probability of 2.2 MILLION DEATHS, he never said he was going to order America back to work by Easter. That was, uh, um, well, you see, um, just "aspirational."

The man who always speaks bluntly, is suddenly talking in metaphor and parable.

A QANN "reporter" asks Trump why his approval ratings are so high, is it because he's so awesome? Trump admits that he is.

Someone else asks about Americans facing eviction on April 1st. Trump says "I think landlords will take it easy."

Trump goes after reporter Yacmiche Alcindor for daring to ask about his repeated attacks on various governors. Trump angrily says, "We sent thousands of generators to New York ... the people in New York never distribute it the generators."

It takes a minute to figure out that when Trump says "generators" he probably means "ventilators." He does this repeatedly.

A reporter asks why Florida has 100% of their requests for supplies from the national strategic stockpile filled, but Massachusetts has not? Instead of answering, Trump says: "I was on the call yesterday with the governors and they were happy with the job we are doing."

The governors, who he noted the day before, he refuses to call. He was on the phone with them. They're happy he says, despite the fact that he was just this morning talking about how they're not happy and they should be.

Trump then segues into: "The biggest problem was the test didn't work. That was not from us. That has been there a long time" and suggests that the fault lies with Obama.

The tests in question were developed by the CDC, WITHIN THE LAST 3 MONTHS. Literally since the beginning of THIS year. Obama has been out of office for nearly 4 years now.

Then, bizarrely -- or not, given that this the new normal -- Trump says: "You will see drugs being used like nobody has ever used them before, and people are going to be dying all over the place."

I thought at first he was talking about his repeated claims about untested drugs as a cure for the coronavirus. You know, aquarium cleaner. But, instead, he was talking about drug ABUSE. Not sure by who, but you can probably guess. You know what happens when "those" people stay home with nothing to do.

A CNN reporter tries to get Trump back to his comments about the governors of blue states having to be more "appreciative." Trump screams at him, "YOUR STATEMENT IS A LIE!"

The reporter was LITERALLY quoting Trump's own statement.

Literally quoting Trump.

Trump called those words a lie. I mean, he's not wrong, but still...

As proof of this, Trump starts bragging about how his press briefings are getting better ratings than The Bachelor and Monday Night Football.

"The enemy is death," declares Trump.

And we're done. Thanks for coming everybody. Hope to see you all tomorrow for another exciting episode of "Reality TV President!"

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #30223 on: March 29, 2020, 11:58:54 PM »

Intellectual conservatism is dead! D.E.A.D. Dead.

Sacrificed on the altar of Mammon.

Basing the response to a worldwide pandemic on a crackpot theory from a Libertarian law professor.

What could possibly go wrong?

“Progressives think they can run everyone’s lives through central planning, but the state of the economy suggests otherwise. Looking at the costs, the public commands have led to a crash in the stock market, and may only save a small fraction of the lives that are at risk.”

https://www.newyorker.com/news/q-and-a/the-contrarian-coronavirus-theory-that-informed-the-trump-administration

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30224 on: March 30, 2020, 12:12:14 AM »

Florida's government is reacting, belatedly, to the fact that there is a pandemic.

This move will save lives, though not as many as it would have saved more before Spring Break was allowed to run in full mode.

The Governor has ordered a vehicle check on I-95 similar to what is being done on I-10 in the panhandle. Starting about ‪10 am Sunday morning‬ all southbound traffic will be routed through the weigh station looking for vehicles from NY, NJ and Conn. Dept. Of Health officials will be asking them questions about their destination and giving them self quarantine info. They will close the southbound exit to US 17 so that may impact the I-95 exit to SR-200 as well. FHP and FDOT will get it kicked off and will ask for resources from sheriffs offices around the state to assist. It will be a 24 hour operation and no end date has been decided yet.

FHP has been tasked with going to their destination and checking on their compliance. Citations issued if they are not complying.
Pages: 1 ... 2013 2014 [2015] 2016 2017 ... 4288