Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2019 2020 [2021] 2022 2023 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1595532 times)

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #30300 on: March 30, 2020, 06:34:36 PM »

So, Ward - as our resident originalist and defended of all things Constitutional, what do you think of the claims, in NH and now in TX, that "stay-at-home" orders are unconstitutional?!

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Texas-Supreme-Court-Harris-County-stay-at-home-15166758.php?utm_campaign=CMS+Sharing+Tools+%28Premium%29&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&fbclid=IwAR2gnRXo3C0i-Xs-gdj-VvjEO_yXTDhsoCUpwhLLO9Gt7ziPgkWajq7RD1Q
The Federal Government is restricted from national quarantines. The states not so much thanks to the 10th amendment and the Commerce Clause. on that basis I would says states have Constitutional authority.  At the state level public health safety seems to take precedence. Ohio postponed the democrat primary election citing the threat to health by the corona virus, basically ignoring a judge’s ruling to the contrary. Further the state’s rescheduled election will prohibit in person voting. And Ohio was among the first states to close non essential businesses, schools, etc.
I don’t know if Texas accords the state the same power in overseeing public health.
Every time Red mentions the Commerce Clause, I think of Indigo Montoya. You keep using that phrase. I dont think it means what you think it means.
For what it is worth, the 10th Amendment would not give the States the right to quarantine either.
Of course it does.
Neither it nor the Commerce Clause grant the states any rights they did not already have.
LOL
Laugh away. It is your away of admitting I am right.
About what?

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30301 on: March 30, 2020, 06:36:36 PM »

So, Ward - as our resident originalist and defended of all things Constitutional, what do you think of the claims, in NH and now in TX, that "stay-at-home" orders are unconstitutional?!

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Texas-Supreme-Court-Harris-County-stay-at-home-15166758.php?utm_campaign=CMS+Sharing+Tools+%28Premium%29&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&fbclid=IwAR2gnRXo3C0i-Xs-gdj-VvjEO_yXTDhsoCUpwhLLO9Gt7ziPgkWajq7RD1Q
The Federal Government is restricted from national quarantines. The states not so much thanks to the 10th amendment and the Commerce Clause. on that basis I would says states have Constitutional authority.  At the state level public health safety seems to take precedence. Ohio postponed the democrat primary election citing the threat to health by the corona virus, basically ignoring a judge’s ruling to the contrary. Further the state’s rescheduled election will prohibit in person voting. And Ohio was among the first states to close non essential businesses, schools, etc.
I don’t know if Texas accords the state the same power in overseeing public health.
Every time Red mentions the Commerce Clause, I think of Indigo Montoya. You keep using that phrase. I dont think it means what you think it means.
For what it is worth, the 10th Amendment would not give the States the right to quarantine either.
Of course it does.
Neither it nor the Commerce Clause grant the states any rights they did not already have.
LOL
Laugh away. It is your away of admitting I am right.
About what?
No fish for you!
There was not a needy person among them, for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the proceeds of what was sold and laid it at the apostles' feet, and distribution was made to each as any had need.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #30303 on: March 30, 2020, 06:54:01 PM »

"Our testing is BETTER than any country in the world"

-  Trump

Thoughts?

Trump lets forth a weak sputter of yellow droplets from the nation’s podium.

Some dogs lap them up.

Some sick dogs.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #30304 on: March 30, 2020, 06:58:39 PM »

According to Rasmussen, not as many dogs as before.

Richard P. Feynman

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30305 on: March 30, 2020, 07:21:11 PM »

Trump Increases Hostility Toward Reporters Questioning His Handling Of Coronavirus Crisis
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump-increases-hostility-reporters-questioning-coronavirus-crisis_n_5e8132c7c5b661492269b1b7

LEADER!
There was not a needy person among them, for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the proceeds of what was sold and laid it at the apostles' feet, and distribution was made to each as any had need.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #30306 on: March 30, 2020, 07:26:42 PM »

Trump Increases Hostility Toward Reporters Questioning His Handling Of Coronavirus Crisis
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump-increases-hostility-reporters-questioning-coronavirus-crisis_n_5e8132c7c5b661492269b1b7

LEADER!

Trump should really start thinking about not constantly saying stupid things that make trump look like a terrible piece of shit.

He wouldn’t Wind up spending so much time denying he’s said things we clearly have tape of him saying.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #30307 on: March 30, 2020, 07:31:17 PM »

His terrible useless pressers are less of an issue than his many gross failures to do even the basics of his job.

http://www.salon.com/2020/03/30/governor-says-illinois-will-take-over-coronavirus-testing-after-white-houses-profound-failing/

Richard P. Feynman

barton

« Reply #30308 on: March 30, 2020, 07:42:04 PM »

https://youtu.be/sbPQCJtnT6o

Uncanny  impression of Trump.   

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30309 on: March 30, 2020, 07:42:10 PM »

"I want our country to be calm and strong and fight and win"

"But I want to do it through deceiving them, misrepresenting facts, and otherwise undercutting their efforts, while putting down everybody who disagrees with me in any way shape or manner, except Dr. Fauci and Deb (who I refuse to call by her title).

FRAUD
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30310 on: March 30, 2020, 07:44:46 PM »

"Our testing is BETTER than any country in the world"

-  Trump

Thoughts?

1) He cannot speak English. Comparing our testing to countries is dumb.

2) Not yet. It may get there. But we have been behind all the way along and are still behind now.

3) He cannot ever say that we are "not the best" at anything, as far as I can tell, just as he cannot say "I don't understand this very well, but I am told that..."
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30311 on: March 30, 2020, 07:46:24 PM »

Oh. Well you said that Commerce Clause gives states that authority. You need to write better.

The Federal Government is restricted from national quarantines. The states not so much thanks to the 10th amendment and the Commerce Clause.

I stand by what I wrote.

But you do not understand.

And like your fearful leader, you cannot admit when you make a mistake.

Nothing new.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #30312 on: March 30, 2020, 07:46:52 PM »

Great to see the good results from anti-virals - even as the trials await official result

Waiting fort he trial to conclude would have been ill advised.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30313 on: March 30, 2020, 07:48:20 PM »

Credit this president for continuing to call on Ms Alcindor and Mr Acosta at these briefings.

Today wasn't pretty - and you can argue whether or not it was necessary - they got slapped pretty good.   We can only hope the questions improve.

The president is solely responsible for the antagonistic relationship he has with the media.

I credit him only with his thinking that he wins in those exchanges, which is the only reason he keeps calling on them. The moment he thinks they make him look bad, they will be either ignored or disallowed to appear there.

Just as he has done before with those he did not like.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #30314 on: March 30, 2020, 07:49:38 PM »

Residents of Wuhan now heavily disputing official reports that have come out of their province.

Many details I am sure to come -in what is beginning to sound like a sad case of governmental coverup.
Pages: 1 ... 2019 2020 [2021] 2022 2023 ... 4288