Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2026 2027 [2028] 2029 2030 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1583676 times)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #30405 on: March 31, 2020, 04:40:17 PM »

For.what is worth, my RN wife has made me give the motrin I used for my sciatica.
The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice with the palace has the brew that is true!

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #30406 on: March 31, 2020, 05:11:27 PM »

Study: Ibuprofen Among Drugs Found Safe To Use In Treatment Of Coronavirus

It also mentions that prednisone, one of my favorite miracle drugs has shown some promise v. coronavirus:

low doses of prednisolone or tacrolimus therapy have shown promise as an effective coronavirus treatment.

“Current evidence suggests that low dose prednisolone (a steroid used to treat allergies) and tacrolimus therapy (an immunosuppressive drug given to patients who have had an organ transplant) may have beneficial impact on the course of coronavirus infections. However further investigation is needed,” Dr. Sophie Papa, a medical oncologist and immunologist, comments.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30407 on: March 31, 2020, 05:13:38 PM »

Curious why Josh deleted the Avera page on NSAIDs.  Avera is a reputable health organization in my state and Minnesota and Nebraska.   One can certainly question their summation on ibuprofen, but need it be deleted?   Kid just posted this a few minutes ago and it's gone.

I never saw it.

I have been away from the computer until a few minutes ago for two hours or more (since just after my last post), so if it disappeared there is a good chance that Kid deleted it himself. The only pages I have deleted since 2:45pm were in Business and Technology.

Kid, did you post and delete a page?
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30408 on: March 31, 2020, 05:22:37 PM »

Study: Ibuprofen Among Drugs Found Safe To Use In Treatment Of Coronavirus

Two caveats about this study (which I have now read - thank you for the link that led me there!).

1) It is not a study of ibuprofen and coronavirus. It is a review of the literature. No humans or animals or even ibuprofen pills were involved in this study.

2) As far as I can tell, ecancer.org is a wonderful open access resource, but it is not peer reviewed.

And as it explained, it found no evidence either encouraging or discouraging use of ibuprofen (or other NSAIDs) with COVID-19.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30409 on: March 31, 2020, 05:55:54 PM »

"Imagine the potential psychological and human toll if this shutdown continues indefinitely, unemployment reaches 20% or higher, as some now predict, and we sink into a deep recession or depression....

"...In addition to the current human toll, future generations will be required to pick up that tab.

"Every premature death is a tragedy, but death is an unavoidable part of life. More than 2.8 million die each year — nearly 7,700 a day. The 2017-18 flu season was exceptionally bad, with 61,000 deaths attributed to it. Can you imagine the panic if those mortality statistics were attributed to a new virus and reported nonstop?"

Senator Ron Johnson, demonstrating a complete and utter lack of clue.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #30410 on: March 31, 2020, 06:01:36 PM »

"Imagine the potential psychological and human toll if this shutdown continues indefinitely, unemployment reaches 20% or higher, as some now predict, and we sink into a deep recession or depression....

"...In addition to the current human toll, future generations will be required to pick up that tab.

"Every premature death is a tragedy, but death is an unavoidable part of life. More than 2.8 million die each year — nearly 7,700 a day. The 2017-18 flu season was exceptionally bad, with 61,000 deaths attributed to it. Can you imagine the panic if those mortality statistics were attributed to a new virus and reported nonstop?"

Senator Ron Johnson, demonstrating a complete and utter lack of clue.

I’ve met him on several occasions, personal and professional, and he is a human version of a See and Say toy. Just pull the string and he can rattle off bullshit gop talking points without missing a beat.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #30411 on: March 31, 2020, 06:21:12 PM »

Curious why Josh deleted the Avera page on NSAIDs.  Avera is a reputable health organization in my state and Minnesota and Nebraska.   One can certainly question their summation on ibuprofen, but need it be deleted?   Kid just posted this a few minutes ago and it's gone.

https://www.avera.org/balance/wellness-and-preventive-care/how-do-i-manage-covid-19-symptoms-at-home/

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #30412 on: March 31, 2020, 06:33:01 PM »

Trump previously said he thinks it would be difficult to get equipment back from states and redistributed once they have been issued to hospitals.

I would think this is true

https://www.cnn.com/world/live-news/coronavirus-pandemic-03-31-20/h_d7910f7f1f9212668bcb09785128d04e

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #30413 on: March 31, 2020, 06:41:40 PM »

Seems President Trump is listening to who you would call the "right people"

Not all of Trump's advisers support the decision, and some have privately questioned the models his health advisers used to convince him the distancing efforts were necessary, multiple people familiar with the matter said. Trump faced intense pressure from business leaders and some conservative economists to reopen some parts of the country before ultimately deciding against it.

Amid the internal debate over whether to ease the social distancing efforts, some aides recommended the President only extend them another 15 days, but health advisers argued a month was necessary, people familiar with the discussions said. Trump told aides it would be better to ease the guidelines earlier than expected rather than have to extend them again.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/31/politics/trump-white-house-guidelines-coronavirus/index.html
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 07:29:54 PM by kiidcarter8 »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30414 on: March 31, 2020, 07:18:46 PM »

Aeems President Trump is listening to who you would call the "right people"

Not all of Trump's advisers support the decision, and some have privately questioned the models his health advisers used to convince him the distancing efforts were necessary, multiple people familiar with the matter said. Trump faced intense pressure from business leaders and some conservative economists to reopen some parts of the country before ultimately deciding against it.

Amid the internal debate over whether to ease the social distancing efforts, some aides recommended the President only extend them another 15 days, but health advisers argued a month was necessary, people familiar with the discussions said. Trump told aides it would be better to ease the guidelines earlier than expected rather than have to extend them again.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/31/politics/trump-white-house-guidelines-coronavirus/index.html

Good for him.

And what is wrong with those aides?!

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #30415 on: March 31, 2020, 07:19:03 PM »

On the issue of the blood shortage...

There is a blood shortage, and the Red Cross and others need blood.

We should make them pay us money for our blood, instead of us giving our blood to them for free, and they will not give people free blood, when they give people blood they make people pay money for it.

And in places like Los Angeles where it was against the law to feed the homeless, I would have loved to have been able to sell blood and buy food when I was homeless and hungry. Paying the poor people for their blood can provide some food for them. Especially now when everyone is out of work.

They are not going to give your blood to other people for free, and you should at least make enough money to buy some food for selling your blood. We need to make them pay for it.

Salute,

Tony V.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30416 on: March 31, 2020, 07:19:14 PM »

https://www.avera.org/balance/wellness-and-preventive-care/how-do-i-manage-covid-19-symptoms-at-home/

Thank you for reposting.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #30417 on: March 31, 2020, 07:28:22 PM »

Answering my earlier question on if China might be price gouging -

seems they are charging NY state 25K for each of 17,000 ventilators that they have ordered (hopefully not too much cash up front)

If you are playing at home that is a cool 425 mil.

China cha-ching.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #30418 on: March 31, 2020, 07:30:55 PM »

We should make them pay us money for our blood, instead of us giving our blood to them for free, and they will not give people free blood, when they give people blood they make people pay money for it.

And in places like Los Angeles where it was against the law to feed the homeless, I would have loved to have been able to sell blood and buy food when I was homeless and hungry. Paying the poor people for their blood can provide some food for them. Especially now when everyone is out of work.

They are not going to give your blood to other people for free, and you should at least make enough money to buy some food for selling your blood. We need to make them pay for it.

Salute,

Tony V.

When you give blood do you need to know your blood type?  Probably not, right?

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30419 on: March 31, 2020, 07:40:54 PM »

Salute,

Tony V.

When you give blood do you need to know your blood type?  Probably not, right?

ou don't need to know your blood type.
We need donors of all blood types to ensure a sufficient supply for patients. Donors may be notified of their blood type following their donation when they receive their blood donor card or by creating a profile through the Red Cross Blood Donor App
Pages: 1 ... 2026 2027 [2028] 2029 2030 ... 4288