Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2027 2028 [2029] 2030 2031 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1584742 times)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #30420 on: March 31, 2020, 07:43:48 PM »

On the issue of the blood shortage...

There is a blood shortage, and the Red Cross and others need blood.

We should make them pay us money for our blood, instead of us giving our blood to them for free, and they will not give people free blood, when they give people blood they make people pay money for it.

And in places like Los Angeles where it was against the law to feed the homeless, I would have loved to have been able to sell blood and buy food when I was homeless and hungry. Paying the poor people for their blood can provide some food for them. Especially now when everyone is out of work.

They are not going to give your blood to other people for free, and you should at least make enough money to buy some food for selling your blood. We need to make them pay for it.

Salute,

Tony V.

When you give blood do you need to know your blood type?  Probably not, right?
Yeah, they take your word for it. No need to check for themselves.
The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice with the palace has the brew that is true!

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #30421 on: March 31, 2020, 07:47:41 PM »

Might be a good idea to give blood on a forum-wide basis

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30422 on: March 31, 2020, 07:53:03 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/31/politics/pentagon-ventilators/index.html

The Pentagon says they have not yet sent the ventilators they have because HHS hasn't told them where to send them.

All under control, here.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #30423 on: March 31, 2020, 08:03:19 PM »

All ventilator questions were thoroughly answered in today's briefing

Available online.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #30424 on: March 31, 2020, 08:05:55 PM »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30425 on: March 31, 2020, 08:17:41 PM »

It is.

They were not.

... LET ME UPDATE YOU ON THE DISTRIBUTION OF NEEDED RESOURCES AND SUPPLIES. WE HAVE A LOT OF NUMBERS. I WILL LET MIKE PENCE SPEAK TO THAT, BUT WE ARE GIVING MASSIVE AMOUNTS OF MEDICAL EQUIPMENT AND SUPPLIES TO THE 50 STATES. WE ALSO ARE HOLDING BACK QUITE A BIT. WE HAVE ALMOST 10,000 VENTILATORS AT THAT WE HAVE READY TO GO. WE HAVE TO HOLD THEM BECAUSE THE SURGE IS COMING AND IS COMING PRETTY STRONG. AND WE WANT TO BE ABLE TO IMMEDIATELY MOVE IT INTO PLACE, SO WE ARE READY TO GO AND WE HAVE ALSO DISTRIBUTED, I JUST SPOKE WITH THE GOVERNOR OF MICHIGAN. WE HAD A GREAT CONVERSATION AND WE SAID -- SENT A LARGE NUMBER OF VENTILATORS TO MICHIGAN. WE ARE SENDING THEM TO LOUISIANA. ADDITIONAL VENTILATORS TO NEW YORK, TO NEW JERSEY.

(Not the President): ... THERE WAS A MODELER OUT OF THE UNIVERSITY OF WASHINGTON THAT MODELED FROM CASES UP, UTILIZING THE EXPERIENCE AROUND THE GLOBE TO REALLY UNDERSTAND HOW THIS INFORMATION THAT WE HAVE FROM ITALY AND SPAIN AND SOUTH KOREA AND CHINA COULD REALLY HELP US GET INSIGHT INTO THE HOSPITAL NEEDS, THE VENTILATOR NEEDS, AND REALLY THE NUMBER OF PEOPLE WHO POTENTIALLY COULD SUCCUMB TO THIS ILLNESS. IT IS THIS MODEL THAT WE ARE LOOKING AT NOW THAT PROVIDES US THE MOST DETAIL OF A TIME COURSE OF THAT IS POSSIBLE.
...MOVE THE SUPPLIES FROM WAREHOUSES TO HOSPITALS. THE PRESENT MOMENT, WE HAVE DISTRIBUTED MORE THAN OF THEM .6 MILLION N95 MASKS, MORE THAN 8800 VENTILATORS AROUND THE NATION, MILLIONS OF SURGICAL MASKS AND GLOVES. WE INITIATED AN AIR BRIDGE. FLIGHTS HAVE ARRIVED IN NEW YORK, ONE ARRIVED IN ILLINOIS YESTERDAY AND A FLIGHT WILL ARRIVE IN OHIO IN THE NEXT 24 HOURS. FEMA IS LITERALLY WORKING AND CONTRACTING AROUND THE WORLD WITH NOW MORE THAN 51 FLIGHTS BRINGING VITAL SUPPLIES. ON THE SUBJECT OF VENTILATORS, FEMA IS CURRENTLY DELIVERING ABOUT 400 VENTILATORS TO MICHIGAN, 302 NEW JERSEY, 152 LOUISIANA, 52 CONNECTICUT, AND IN THE LAST WEEK AND IN THE WEEK AHEAD, MORE THAN 450 TO ILLINOIS. THIS IS IN ADDITION TO MORE THAN 4400 VENTILATORS THE PRESIDENT AND FEMA DIRECTED TO THE STATE OF NEW YORK.
 THIS IS IMPORTANT TO THEM TO NOT HAVE THE EXPERIENCE OF NEW YORK AND NEW JERSEY. AND I THINK, WE ARE WORRIED ABOUT ALL AROUND THE GLOBE, I DO NOT KNOW IF YOU HEARD THE REPORT, THERE ARE 8000 VENTILATORS IN THE U.K. YOU TRANSLATE THAT TO THE U.S., THAT WOULD BE LIKE THE U.S. HAVING LESS THAN 40,000 VENTILATORS. WE HAVE FIVE TIMES THAT AMOUNT. SO THESE ARE THE THINGS THAT EVERYBODY IS HAVING TO FACE. AND I THINK THE UNITED STATES IS AN EXCELLENT POSITION FROM OUR MEDICAL CARE POSITION, BUT WE DO NOT WANT TO HAVE TO TEST THAT SYSTEM.
TRUMP: WE HAVE ALMOST 10000 AND WE ARE HOLDING BECAUSE WE NEED THEM OVER THE NEXT COUPLE WEEKS. WE HAVEN'T HIT THE TOP YET. WE HAVE TO BE ABLE TO MOVE THEM IMMEDIATELY. IT IS GOING TO BE VERY HARD TO DO THAT. WE CAN'T TAKE THEM TO PLACES THAT AREN'T NEEDING THEM. PLUS, WE HAVE REQUESTS FOR VENTILATORS IN HOSPITALS IN STATES AND CITIES THAT DON'T NEED THEM. SO WE ARE HOLDING IT BACK FOR FLEXIBILITY. WE JUST TOOK 600 AND SENT THEM TO DIFFERENT LOCATIONS TODAY. BUT WE HAVE CLOSE TO 10000 AND WE HAVE THE NATIONAL GUARDS AND WE HAVE FEMA AND WE ARE SET TO MOVE THEM TO THE PLACES.

No, not even close to answering all of it.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #30426 on: March 31, 2020, 08:27:46 PM »

"I think it's important that I remain healthy - I really do"

-  Trump, when asked if he will be traveling or staying in the WH.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #30427 on: March 31, 2020, 08:29:27 PM »

Answering my earlier question on if China might be price gouging -

seems they are charging NY state 25K for each of 17,000 ventilators that they have ordered (hopefully not too much cash up front)

If you are playing at home that is a cool 425 mil.

China cha-ching.

Why isn’t the federal government using its massive procurement and distributive capacity? Why should the states compete?

Never mind.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #30428 on: March 31, 2020, 08:31:43 PM »

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #30429 on: March 31, 2020, 09:13:02 PM »

In the category of “Wish I’d said that!”

Toilet paper is so scarce, Nancy Pelosi is regretting that she tore up Trump’s speech.”

Lyndon Johnson

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #30430 on: March 31, 2020, 09:16:17 PM »

Crazy out there. De Santis declares anyone flying in to Fla from NY are be quarantined for 14 days. Was met by resident leader who basically wanted me and my lady to starve, stay at home not shop. Wisely mgmt office backed me. Mean spirited law brings out the worst. I understand why gun sales are up. This is a senior community. I just left for 3 mos.!
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #30431 on: March 31, 2020, 09:17:32 PM »

Crazy out there. De Santis declares anyone flying in to Fla from NY are be quarantined for 14 days. Was met by resident leader who basically wanted me and my lady to starve, stay at home not shop. Wisely mgmt office backed me. Mean spirited law brings out the worst. I understand why gun sales are up. This is a senior community. I just left for 3 mos.!

Dude...

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/coronavirus/article241637691.html

Bro, do all the Social distance stuff. This is no joke. Take every precaution.

Also, fuck the toilet paper because if you ain’t eating you won’t be doing all that shitting.

Make sure you can lay in at least two weeks of food and protect yourself.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 09:22:42 PM by LarryBnDC »

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30432 on: March 31, 2020, 09:47:45 PM »

De Santis is cracking down belatedly and wants to blame New Yorkers for his failures in Florida.

Gun sales being up is stupid.

The law is not mean-spirited at all, Luee, even if the rationalization for it is.

It has nothing to do with your being gone 3 months or 3 years, but your having been in New York, which has a huge lead on most COVID-19 cases in the country. Why do you think they should assume that you are not carrying the virus?

Wanting you to stay at home is not the same thing as wanting you to starve.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30433 on: March 31, 2020, 09:55:51 PM »

Gun sales being up is stupid.

And in case you weren't sure why I feel that way about the gun sales...

https://www.thedailybeast.com/alcohol-sales-surged-by-55-percent-last-week-amid-coronavirus-pandemic?via=FB_Page&source=TDB&fbclid=IwAR1v00PNtrv92WBEURcMNIaxRfIcyfPwU4AxZ48dLEFY7woNFvzT5ddRbM4

Alcohol sales surged.

And all we need is a bunch of people drinking more and waving their brand new guns around.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30434 on: March 31, 2020, 10:12:38 PM »

Mitch is now claiming that trump’s criminality is a major factor in his gross incompetence and it can’t all be chalked up to stupidity, narcissism, the effects of his diet and mental illness.

It makes sense the more you think about it and explains why the republican party was in lock step so long in their program of killing hundreds of thousands of Americans.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 2027 2028 [2029] 2030 2031 ... 4288