Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2040 2041 [2042] 2043 2044 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1602508 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #30615 on: April 02, 2020, 05:00:28 PM »

Navy captain tried to protect his crew and will most likely be fired.
Navy SEAL murders random people including women and kids is pardoned.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/military/navy-expected-relieve-captain-who-raised-alarm-about-covid-19-n1175351

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #30616 on: April 02, 2020, 05:04:51 PM »

We've known it for months.

Best to not criticize every mayor and governor in the U.S.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #30617 on: April 02, 2020, 05:05:24 PM »

I couldn't care less that Trump promoted the drug, by the way.  I am rooting against this virus.  Please join me.  You and your cuz Josh should stop posting death totals/projections, for a start.

Just shut the fuck up.

You fucking hypocrite.

In early October, Trump renewed his call for health care workers to “suffer consequences” for flying into the hot zone to help, and tried to sow mistrust in the government’s ability to cope with the crisis by citing things like the Obamacare website, “Benghazi,” and the “I.R.S.”

He also reacted to then-and-current government infectious disease chief Dr. Anthony Fauci’s assessment that travel bans could make things worse by snorting “ridiculous,” then told viewers to ignore the CDC’s information on transmission of the disease.

https://www.mediaite.com/donald-trump/watch-trump-was-all-over-the-place-trashing-obama-for-ebola-response-in-2014/
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #30618 on: April 02, 2020, 05:07:06 PM »

LEADERSHIP comes from the top.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30619 on: April 02, 2020, 05:09:40 PM »

You and your cuz Josh should stop posting death totals/projections, for a start.

Why?

By the way, my projections for today proved on target.

You, too, posted projections. Are you stopping? (No, I am not offering to stop if you do. You don't want to see them, then look somewhere else. I promise not to start posting death projections and totals in the NCAA basketball area unless I get really bored.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30620 on: April 02, 2020, 05:09:59 PM »

I couldn't care less that Trump promoted the drug, by the way.  I am rooting against this virus.  Please join me.  You and your cuz Josh should stop posting death totals/projections, for a start.

Knowing totals and projections is part of how intelligent people use information to make good decisions to beat this Virus. Ignoring this information is why the federal response is losing every round to the virus so far.

It’s doesn’t really seem like your rooting against the virus so much as for its number one super spreader, donald “magically go away” trump.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #30621 on: April 02, 2020, 05:11:29 PM »

Have no fear. Donald Trump is in command.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FR55kxkdUJs

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30622 on: April 02, 2020, 05:12:36 PM »

Oh give me a fucking break!

(a) We haven't. Governor Inslee, for example, has done a bang-up job, as has the mayor of San Francisco.

(b) Tell that to the President of the United States, who has been criticizing doctors, nurses, hospitals, cities, states, and everybody but his hand-picked toadies, for the most part.

(c) Georgia's governor deserves the criticism, Kid. Not as much as Trump, though.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #30623 on: April 02, 2020, 05:16:00 PM »

I have not predicted any death totals.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30624 on: April 02, 2020, 05:17:32 PM »

But here's another governor I am going to criticize, along with his legislature:
https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/02/politics/wisconsin-primary-april-7-coronavirus/index.html

Wisconsin is still set to have its primary on Tuesday.

Inadequate numbers of polling place workers and vote counters.

But the Governor (a donkey) and the legislature (elephants acting like asses) cannot work together. And the judge doesn't want to interfer (by acting like a health agent).

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30625 on: April 02, 2020, 05:19:40 PM »

I have not predicted any death totals.

EASTER

And you have posted projections, even if they were not done by you personally.

And you have posted bogus medical advice - this is somehow beter in your oh so humble opinion than projections?

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #30627 on: April 02, 2020, 05:25:03 PM »

White House expected to recommend Americans wear cloth masks to prevent coronavirus spread

Took til April.
Hasn't happened yet.
Likely to be a suggestion.
There will be uneven compliance and resistance.

LA was the first place in the US to issue a directive to wear masks in public.  March 31, i think it was.

Only  a month later than it should have occurred, but slow progress.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30628 on: April 02, 2020, 05:25:36 PM »

About that much needed stimulus...

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/02/politics/stimulus-20-weeks-irs/index.html

The IRS says it may take up to 20 weeks to get it to some people.

And...
he timeline means tens of millions of Americans will have to wait to get badly needed assistance, despite repeated suggestions from Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin that the money would go out as soon as April 6. He said this past Sunday after passage of the $2.2 trillion stimulus bill that payments would not go out until mid-April.
CNN reported in March that former IRS officials said the wait would likely be weeks or months.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30629 on: April 02, 2020, 05:29:22 PM »

He pointed out that not a single COVID-19 patient of his that has been on the hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin regimen for five days or more has had to be intubated.

“The chance of that occurring by chance, according to my sons Leon and Hunter who did some stats for me, are .000-something,” he said, adding that “it’s ridiculously low."

https://www.foxnews.com/media/dr-stephen-smith-on-effectiveness-of-hydroxychloroquine-with-coronavirus-symptoms-beginning-of-the-end-of-the-pandemic
The plural of anecdote is not data. I realize your  burning partisan need for Trump to be right at all times, but trumpeting this as a cure before it is clinically tested is dangerous to the patients who receive it, the patients who need it for their conditions and the public being lured into a false sense of security. Put your blind and unthinking hero worship to the side and let the clinical work play out. It it.does, good for.all of us and you can pretend Trump had some medical insight even though be was just talking out of his ass.

Anecdotes sure are piling up, AS THE DATA GETS COLLECTED.  I am sure those that have recovered after using this drug/combo are grateful to have been prescribed as idiots scoffed.
No number of anecdote is a clinical trial. I realize your hero worship blinds you to that fact.

Many people I know credit and thank prayer for their recovery from illness. So what?
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.
Pages: 1 ... 2040 2041 [2042] 2043 2044 ... 4288