Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2051 2052 [2053] 2054 2055 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1584203 times)

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #30780 on: April 04, 2020, 02:06:06 PM »

Zero,  because Trump firmly believes he pisses gold and shits brilliance serving 4 more years is what is best for the nation.

Pretty sure Trump doesn't give a shit about anyone but himself.
Maybe Ivanka.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30781 on: April 04, 2020, 02:08:07 PM »

Zero,  because Trump firmly believes he pisses gold and shits brilliance serving 4 more years is what is best for the nation.

FIFY

But Kid, he only believes that because he believes he is the best at everything, knows the most about everything, and that anything that goes wrong is either somebody else's fault or an active plot against him and his success on a personal basis.

He also believes that pisses gold and shits brilliance. It was so funny when you complained of Obama's arrogance, as if it has not been eclipsed 100 times over by Trump's egotism.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30782 on: April 04, 2020, 02:09:08 PM »

North Dakota bar owner snubs closure order 5 times in 4 days

“Three dead out of 760,000 people [in ND]? 5,000 dead out of 330 million people?” Corum said. “You’re just not going to convince me this pandemic is the threat they claim it is.”

See if you can spot the logic flaw. . .

It's kind of like Trump poo-pooing 15 infection cases and saying it's not a big deal.

Also you can't endanger others lives just because you think it's okay.

You wonder just how many deaths it would take for this a**hole to shut his bar down ...

Just one.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

barton

« Reply #30783 on: April 04, 2020, 02:12:00 PM »

Bo,  I hope that LBJ event happens and my zero probability napkin math is wrong.   

I'm in one of the wild 8.  Given that a fierce outbreak is happening not so far away in Greeley,  CO,  and the amount of travel between here and there,  I'd say our geographic remoteness is not good protection.  We have six cases now in the county.   

Northern Colorado is generally having massive outbreaks,  which may relate to the concentration of meat packing plants.   People work elbow to elbow,  and have little union protection.   

barton

« Reply #30784 on: April 04, 2020, 02:14:14 PM »

Pretty sure Trump doesn't give a shit about anyone but himself.
Maybe Ivanka.

Only if she puts out.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #30785 on: April 04, 2020, 02:18:40 PM »

Bo,  I hope that LBJ event happens and my zero probability napkin math is wrong.

When the bottom drops out, the crash is sudden ...
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30786 on: April 04, 2020, 02:46:01 PM »

Remember all that boasting about Trump's poll numbers and approval ratings on his handling of the pandemic?

Haven't heard much of that from Ward lately.

An ABC News/Ipsos poll released Friday, 47 percent of Americans approve of Trump’s coronavirus response, while 52 percent of Americans disapprove — a steep drop from the same poll taken just two weeks ago when a whopping 55 percent approved of Trump’s response.

And in Trump’s favorite survey, the Trump-skewing Rasmussen daily tracking poll, his approval rating has dropped four points in a matter of days. The last time Trump was above water in that poll was Feb. 27, when his approval was at 52 percent. But he began this week with a -5 point net unfavorability, and finishes it nine points underwater with 44 percent approving and 53 percent disapproving.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30787 on: April 04, 2020, 02:52:13 PM »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #30789 on: April 04, 2020, 03:15:49 PM »

From Iowa:

She acknowledged Friday that refusing to impose a shelter-in-place order had become a "divisive issue." She pushed back on Fauci's remark that questioned why all states have not issued stay-at-home orders.

"I would say that maybe he doesn't have all the information," Reynolds told reporters. "You can't just look at a map and assume no action has been taken."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/04/politics/republican-governors-stay-at-home-orders-coronavirus/index.html

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #30790 on: April 04, 2020, 04:50:43 PM »

From Iowa:

She acknowledged Friday that refusing to impose a shelter-in-place order had become a "divisive issue." She pushed back on Fauci's remark that questioned why all states have not issued stay-at-home orders.

"I would say that maybe he doesn't have all the information," Reynolds told reporters. "You can't just look at a map and assume no action has been taken."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/04/politics/republican-governors-stay-at-home-orders-coronavirus/index.html

If it wasn’t clear before, many republican governors are fucking stupid self serving pieces of shit. It think it has become the central plank of the party’s platform, to be fucking stupid and self serving.

It’s certainly at the center of the brain disfunction of the republican leaning posters here.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #30791 on: April 04, 2020, 04:53:37 PM »

Gov. Kristi Noem told reporters, "The people themselves are primarily responsible for their safety." She also pointed to the state and national constitutions that "prevent us from taking draconian measures much like the Chinese government has done."

China took strong measures in Wuhan and Hubei after the outbreak was huge.
Otherwise I considered Shanghai to have a voluntary lockdown.  That is, I could go out any time I wanted, for any reason, for as long as I wanted.  There was no restriction on movement, except for entering apartment buildings or courtyards if you didn't live there or been invited in by a resident.  And then they'd take your name and # for contact tracing purposes if later needed.  There just wasn't much open and much to do.  Buses and subways continued runnign the whole 8 week vol lockdown.

I find generally when anyone mentions China they have little idea what they are talking about.  It does make a good boogeyman though.   People should bash China about their far west where they are truly doing bad things.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30792 on: April 04, 2020, 04:54:52 PM »

From Iowa:

Yup. That article looks familiar.

I think she is a presumptuous twit who should be removed from office. Nobody made the assertion that "no action has been taken," just that not enough action has been taken.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #30793 on: April 04, 2020, 04:58:26 PM »

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5e87ee89c5b6cc1e47758499

Grifter with a shiv.

Still it’s nice to know what trump was working on between staging hate rallies and cheating at golf while he should have been addressing the spreading pandemic.

He can’t get ventilators to New York but he has lots of time to put the screws to his creditors.

Leadership...

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 2051 2052 [2053] 2054 2055 ... 4288