Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2059 2060 [2061] 2062 2063 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1583623 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #30900 on: April 05, 2020, 08:17:51 PM »

It's not supposition, Kid. It's a fact. There is already not enough.

False

Not enough to be more comfortable with the inventory?  Maybe.

But as I said - it gets made pretty quickly and is available from many sources.  Places that are short just need to be serviced.

Pharmacies "run out of" specific drugs all the time - I am sure you know this.  They then seek - and get - what they need - as they need it.  Working together, all is fine.  There is no difference here.

Does any one else have the image of a young Kevin Bacon  in ‘Animal Hous?’
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #30901 on: April 05, 2020, 08:25:24 PM »

Step up your game, Larry - if you want to be seen here as more than a cartoon.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30902 on: April 05, 2020, 08:48:34 PM »

False

What the fuck do you think "we are limiting what people can purchase" means?

What the fuck do you think a patient's being told "thank you for your sacrifice" means?

Yes, there is a fucking shortage, no matter how you pretend there is not.

Sure, bro

Keep us posted

Sure, jerk.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30903 on: April 05, 2020, 08:49:28 PM »

Funny, coming from you.

It's still not a competition or a game, jerk.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30904 on: April 05, 2020, 09:09:44 PM »

It seems Kid is being baby birded bullshit more than usual these days so he’s laying it out in his typical dog’s breakfast. It’s probably just the death throes of the republican party gearing up for one last shuddering cough before it expires.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30905 on: April 05, 2020, 09:27:25 PM »

Kid and Ward, in their efforts to defend Trump's actions:

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30906 on: April 05, 2020, 09:55:37 PM »

Fewer new cases and deaths yesterday across the country than the day before.

May it be the start of a new trend. OTOH, last Sunday saw a decline in deaths, too.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30908 on: April 05, 2020, 10:36:24 PM »

https://secondnexus.com/donald-trump-ron-desantis-florida?fbclid=IwAR2r0e4vIXzmBLACHIIpJ5MMquRdXhD5PeGkdOaNY0laR25ELarz6FCmeZk

DeSantis: We're not ordering "stay-at-home" unless the feds tell us to.

Feds: "We're leaving that up to the individual states.

Fuaci: "It would be better if all the states ordered "stay-at-home."

DeSantis: (crickets chirping)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30909 on: April 05, 2020, 10:37:50 PM »

You keep using that word, "supposition."

Yes, I think I used it properly

The supposition is that patients with lupus and other conditions will be closed out from getting their needed meds - and may even thus die.

This is just scare journalism.  There will be plenty of this drug.

But there ISN'T.

And the main reason there will be enough of it is...
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0399077X20300858?via%3Dihub
No Evidence of Rapid Antiviral Clearance or Clinical Benefit with the Combination of Hydroxychloroquine and Azithromycin in Patients with Severe COVID-19 Infection

Médecine et Maladies Infectieuses
Available online 30 March 2020
In Press, Journal Pre-proofWhat are Journal Pre-proof articles

This is not the last word on the subject, but it is not a good sign, by itself.
Well yes, but Trump endorsed it and kiid's.DEAR LEADER must be right.regardless of actual facts.

I hope.the drug works but the clinical basis for.saying so is not there.
The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice with the palace has the brew that is true!

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30910 on: April 05, 2020, 10:39:26 PM »

"That would be a false statement,” Fauci said, responding to a question on CBS Sunday talk show “Face the Nation” about whether the virus is under control. “We are struggling to get it under control and that's the issue that's at hand right now."

Yeah, we had it under control in February and March, but it escaped, somehow!

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30911 on: April 05, 2020, 10:55:40 PM »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #30912 on: April 05, 2020, 10:56:17 PM »

https://secondnexus.com/donald-trump-ron-desantis-florida?fbclid=IwAR2r0e4vIXzmBLACHIIpJ5MMquRdXhD5PeGkdOaNY0laR25ELarz6FCmeZk

DeSantis: We're not ordering "stay-at-home" unless the feds tell us to.

Feds: "We're leaving that up to the individual states.

Fuaci: "It would be better if all the states ordered "stay-at-home."

DeSantis: (crickets chirping)

5 days old, sir.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30913 on: April 05, 2020, 11:13:36 PM »

If people didn't kill and eat animals both people and animals would be safer and better off.  Meat = murder.  I don't really differentiate between the deaths.  The animal holocaust is endless and appalling.
I am certain cows or.pigs, were our positions on the food chain reversed, would keep us in herds and eat us without a second thought. Fuck them.

I remember Oilcanboyd (Dennis) used to post that same sentiment.   I think most vegetarians are more objecting to the factory farming aspect.   I am okay with a hunter-gatherer spearing and then thanking the prey it's going to eat.   That animal had a free life,  natural bonding with its fellows,  then a swift death when it was old and too slow to outrun the ape-things.   The agricultural revolution,  around 9500 BC,  was mostly the end of treating our prey with some respect.
Factory farming animals bad, factory farming vegetables is ok? Consider this:

She thought of the endless waves of pain that for some reason or other she and her husband had to endure; of the invisible giants hurting her boy in some unimaginable fashion; of the incalculable amount of tenderness contained in the world; of the fate of this tenderness, which is either crushed, or wasted, or transformed into madness; of neglected children humming to themselves in unswept corners; of beautiful weeds that cannot hide from the farmer and helplessly have to watch the shadow of his simian stoop leave mangled flowers in its wake, as the monstrous darkness approaches.

- VN

I read your Nabokov quote, weeping while I stuffed myself with jalapeno cornbread from my favorite local deli. 

I missed your NYT rhapsodizing about Hungarian naked men.   

I've heard this Hungarian looked pretty good in a Speedo....

Signs and Symbols is my second favorite short story of all time, right after The Man Who Corrupted Hadleyburg. Freely available on line, though some.versions follow the original published version rather than what VN actually wrote. That last line was truncated, sadly.

The naked Hungarian men shamed me into going from the Hotel Gelert steam room directly into the bain froid despite my having just enough French to know what that meant.
The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice with the palace has the brew that is true!

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #30914 on: April 05, 2020, 11:22:40 PM »

Allen credits the drug hydroxychloroquine, a malaria treatment, as one of the factors that helped his recovery. He also believes he did some miraculous healing of his own, opening his lungs by singing songs like Neil Diamond’s “Cracklin Rosie" and Dionne Warwick’s “Do You Know the Way to San Jose."

https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2020/04/a-racetrack-a-week-in-march-some-of-njs-earliest-coronavirus-cases-horsemen-are-still-unraveling-the-mystery.html
Pages: 1 ... 2059 2060 [2061] 2062 2063 ... 4288