Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2061 2062 [2063] 2064 2065 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1600581 times)

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #30930 on: April 06, 2020, 04:36:14 AM »

How many millions does the average storm season displace in the US each year these days?

Combine that happy caravan with Covid and the shiny new arsenal, multiply it by the utter absence of national executive leadership and you will have the trumpiest headlines with the best words.......

.......BIGLY!

Trump is now truly a wartime profiteer.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #30931 on: April 06, 2020, 05:56:55 AM »

It didn't have to be this way.

What preparation occurred in January?
How was FEB wasted?
Why did it take til March 17 to call it a pandemic and start in on halfway measures?
Why are halfway measures still allowed in April?
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #30932 on: April 06, 2020, 08:35:50 AM »

It didn't have to be this way.

What preparation occurred in January?
How was FEB wasted?
Why did it take til March 17 to call it a pandemic and start in on halfway measures?
Why are halfway measures still allowed in April?

“Denial is not likely to be a successful strategy for survival.”

Republican pollster Neil Newhouse

https://www.timesunion.com/news/article/U-S-beset-by-denial-dysfunction-as-virus-raged-15179683.php
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

barton

« Reply #30933 on: April 06, 2020, 10:13:52 AM »

If recovery from CV, per Kid's latest anecdote,  requires singing Neil Diamond songs,  I will embrace death.

Vitamin D is a good idea,  though.  Like selenium and zinc,  it's an immune booster. 

barton

« Reply #30934 on: April 06, 2020, 10:20:36 AM »

.... directly into the bain froid despite my having just enough French to know what that meant.

Haha!

Never done the Finnish ending.   Spas not doing well right now.   

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #30935 on: April 06, 2020, 11:05:17 AM »

Still struggling with the concept of data, huh, Kid?

Nah, man -

just making sure that when I run across a story of a man/woman that would be deceased now if not for doses of hydroxy chloroquine - that I post it here.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #30936 on: April 06, 2020, 11:12:09 AM »

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/irish-studies-find-vitamin-d-can-build-covid-19-resistance-991995.html?fbclid=IwAR2pRrKWbBVBju_Z1jWXEpDBJBaqLiFbRy44Qe2P4XZQ-7Ps2oOCGL05GX0#.XohtWkQoqp4.facebook

Hey, Kid - studies published in medical journals suggest something that seems to help for elders.

Why isn't President Trump pushing this? I wonder who bought stock in the other stuff, don't you?!

Thanks for the link.

I think if your mom/grandmom is not taking a multivitamin daily this is a mistake, in general.  Thus I certainly agree with anything this study might put forth.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #30937 on: April 06, 2020, 11:15:51 AM »

Maybe Kid is Peter Navarro?!

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/05/politics/white-house-malaria-drug-hydroxychloroquine-disagreement/index.html

Those non-medical aides are all "Damned doctor! Who died and made him an expert on this stuff?! We have stories! Our stories trump your science, Dr. Fauci."

Wait, I am sure Kid will have another one. This one, the guy not only took Trump's favorite drug (other than cocaine, that is) and gargled with Listerine!

C'mon, Kid, we're waiting. A new song, bubble gum, what is it that will save all those COVID-19 cases?!

I thought Fauci was a shorter Italian man.

The interviewee says in the clip that hydroxychloroquine in doses being prescribed CAN KILL YOU, with no data, clinical, anecdotal or other

Clap, clap, clap. Another great report from CNN.

Dr Harris - you can sit now - please.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 11:26:17 AM by kiidcarter8 »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #30938 on: April 06, 2020, 11:34:31 AM »

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #30939 on: April 06, 2020, 11:42:54 AM »

Trump has called on Congress to revive the tax deduction for business-related expenses on meals and entertainment, arguing it would help bolster high-end restaurants hammered by the outbreak.

Trump’s own tax law in 2017 sliced the tax rate for corporations from 35% to 21% and eliminated the deduction.

“This is a great time to bring it back,” Trump said of the resurrecting the tax break. “Otherwise a lot of these restaurants are going to have a hard time reopening,” he said at White House briefing Wednesday.

During a Rose Garden briefing last Sunday, Trump said he had spoken with celebrity chef Wolfgang Puck about the idea. Trump also name-checked prominent restaurateurs including Thomas Keller, Daniel Boulud, and Jean-Georges Vongerichten as he tried to make the case for reviving the deduction. Vongerichten is a tenant at the president’s Trump International Hotel and Tower in New York.

“Congress must pass the old, and very strongly proven, deductibility by businesses on restaurants and entertainment,” Trump tweeted recently. “This will bring restaurants, and everything related, back - and stronger than ever. Move quickly, they will all be saved!”
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #30940 on: April 06, 2020, 11:54:38 AM »

Americans increasing effort to avoid infection
It's only April ... and heading to a million Americans infected.

The AP article has a chart detailing measures people are taking over the past few months, and wearing masks doesn't even make the 7 responses they measure.

Probably by the end of April, half-measures will strengthen to three-quarter measures.

Edit: it was a poll from March 26-29 which ridiculously was before Americans were willing to consider wearing face masks.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 11:56:56 AM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #30941 on: April 06, 2020, 12:10:12 PM »

It's only April ... and heading to a million Americans infected.

Thankfully the "10 million dead" projection has gone by the board.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30942 on: April 06, 2020, 12:23:53 PM »

Still struggling with the concept of data, huh, Kid?

Nah, man -

just making sure that when I run across a story of a man/woman that would be deceased now if not for doses of hydroxy chloroquine - that I post it here.

Might.

And don't forget that he also credits the singing.

Because to you anecdotes are better than data.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30943 on: April 06, 2020, 12:25:37 PM »

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/irish-studies-find-vitamin-d-can-build-covid-19-resistance-991995.html?fbclid=IwAR2pRrKWbBVBju_Z1jWXEpDBJBaqLiFbRy44Qe2P4XZQ-7Ps2oOCGL05GX0#.XohtWkQoqp4.facebook

Hey, Kid - studies published in medical journals suggest something that seems to help for elders.

Why isn't President Trump pushing this? I wonder who bought stock in the other stuff, don't you?!

Thanks for the link.

I think if your mom/grandmom is not taking a multivitamin daily this is a mistake, in general.  Thus I certainly agree with anything this study might put forth.

The multivitamines don't have as much Vitamin D as this is recommending.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30944 on: April 06, 2020, 12:26:39 PM »

Maybe Kid is Peter Navarro?!

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/05/politics/white-house-malaria-drug-hydroxychloroquine-disagreement/index.html

Those non-medical aides are all "Damned doctor! Who died and made him an expert on this stuff?! We have stories! Our stories trump your science, Dr. Fauci."

Wait, I am sure Kid will have another one. This one, the guy not only took Trump's favorite drug (other than cocaine, that is) and gargled with Listerine!

C'mon, Kid, we're waiting. A new song, bubble gum, what is it that will save all those COVID-19 cases?!

I thought Fauci was a shorter Italian man.

The interviewee says in the clip that hydroxychloroquine in doses being prescribed CAN KILL YOU, with no data, clinical, anecdotal or other

Clap, clap, clap. Another great report from CNN.

Dr Harris - you can sit now - please.

I've provided the data on how it can kill you, including clinical reports, in the past, Kid.

You just ignored them.
Pages: 1 ... 2061 2062 [2063] 2064 2065 ... 4288