Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2063 2064 [2065] 2066 2067 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1612583 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #30960 on: April 06, 2020, 02:37:31 PM »

The multivitamines don't have as much Vitamin D as this is recommending.

Multivitamins are supplements.  You get vitamin D from foods - and the body also produces it.

I like the study - and thanked you.  Vitamin D deficiencies are often overlooked - and could result in lifestyle concerns such as fatigue, muscle ache and depression.

And failed to understand it, evidently. Yes, you thanked me, though often your thanks are insincere.

But whatever, Kid. You take in as much as you want to and give as much as you want to and I should stop expecting or even hoping to have reasoned conversations with you.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

barton

« Reply #30961 on: April 06, 2020, 03:03:40 PM »

I'm willing to join in a randomized clinical trial of "Brother Love's Traveling Salvation Show, " because I believe risk is necessary to advance medicine.   

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30962 on: April 06, 2020, 03:27:23 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/06/us/teens-attack-woman-caused-coronavirus-trnd/index.html

Raise your kids right, folks.

You are a shining example of what results when folks fail to do that. I’m sure your parents were very well meaning, but in your case the results of their child rearing is a dangerously broken adult.

In addition to a mask you need mittens or boxing gloves to stop spreading disease.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #30963 on: April 06, 2020, 03:42:27 PM »

Jeez - not looking good for Boris Johnson.

(stay tuned for snarky remark from the asshat Fac)

I wonder how he had been medicated.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #30964 on: April 06, 2020, 03:45:15 PM »

Even Johnson is too smart to take that snake oil Navarro and Kushner are pushing.

It's only April ... and heading to a million Americans infected.

Thankfully the "10 million dead" projection has gone by the board.

Trump handling the pandemic response exactly the way he handled diplomacy in the Ukraine, by subverting it to his political errand, has put “10 million dead” squarely back on the table.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #30965 on: April 06, 2020, 03:45:56 PM »

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #30966 on: April 06, 2020, 04:14:38 PM »

President Trump is floating the possibility of tariffs on oil imports, ramping up pressure on Russia and Saudi Arabia to reach a deal amid the current production standoff.

“I am a big believer in our great energy business, and we’re going to take care of our energy business,” Trump said

Yep, gotta take care of those oil companies.  Their trillion dollar tax-free profits might be gone for a few years.

Why can't the market handle this?
Low oil prices are good for some segments of the economy (airlines when they fly again, manufacturers when they manufacture again, car owners).  And the oil companies raked in huge profits when prices were high.  So if shale fracters go bankrupt, who cares?  They can ramp up again when it's profitable. 

Oil companies and high end restaurants seem like about the last businesses I'd concern myself about.  Hope yacht makers aren't facing tough times ...

You’d think the ‘energy’ companies would be at the forefront of plentiful sustainable energy... oh wait.

They’re gonna squeeze every last Petro buck out of the ground regardless the global upheaval their business creates.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #30967 on: April 06, 2020, 04:24:47 PM »

No snark is needed with regard to the sad Johnson story, just a cyber shaking of the head.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #30968 on: April 06, 2020, 04:49:40 PM »

Rudy is pushing hydroxychloroquin stuff to Trump
Rudy supposedly bought a shit load of Novartis in February
Novartis paid over a mil to Michael Cohen
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #30969 on: April 06, 2020, 04:51:49 PM »

As this progresses the most vulnerable will take the brunt of this in terms of mortality and financial ruin.

The women in my family had a saying,

“When America catches cold black folks get pneumonia.”

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #30970 on: April 06, 2020, 05:00:04 PM »

Oil companies and high end restaurants seem like about the last businesses I'd concern myself about.  Hope yacht makers aren't facing tough times ...
The last time Yacht makers face "tough times" was in the early 90's when democrats like Ted Kennedy convinced Bush 41 to renege on his " no new taxes pledge".  Kennedy and the dems insisted the rich were not paying their " fair share" and a "luxury tax" on yachts, furs, expensive cars and more was written into the tax hike. But in less than a year the luxury tax took in about 100 $billion less than projected  because the rich bought fewer yachts, furs,and cars. The ensuing recession cost 25,000 yacht builders alone  their jobs and tens of thousands of more in other industries. Most of the luxury tax was overturned the next year with democrats leading the way. It ended altogether in 1996 
« Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 05:06:53 PM by REDSTATEWARD »

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #30971 on: April 06, 2020, 05:24:33 PM »

Why it’s much better to tax the wealth directly. Very good point.

Trump’s personal wealth is down 30-40% since January according to most estimates.

Trump sliding back to broke again and the raw terror it causes him is driving the actions of his administration far more than concern for the safety of the nation or even his political future.

The bodies are starting to pile up.

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30972 on: April 06, 2020, 07:59:03 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/06/politics/wisconsin-primary-election/index.html

Partisan politics disguised as jurisprudence, as the GOP courts once again work to block voting.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #30973 on: April 06, 2020, 08:01:14 PM »

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #30974 on: April 06, 2020, 08:18:25 PM »

High Court has upheld Cardinal Pell's appeal, quashed his conviction.
He'll be walking free from prison today.
As it should be, there was never enough proper evidence to convict him, in the minds of many.
Too much doubt.

I'm not Roman Catholic.
I am however a man.

This is a victory for men.
Men being nailed to the cross of injustice must stop.
Go woke, go broke.
Pages: 1 ... 2063 2064 [2065] 2066 2067 ... 4288