Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2065 2066 [2067] 2068 2069 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1600153 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #30990 on: April 06, 2020, 10:08:13 PM »

Newest case study (not an anecdote) has 1000 patients.

Just 7 older patients died.

Just 20 in ICU.

The drug is being distributed to physicians more widely now out in Suffolk County (home base) and here in New Jersey.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #30991 on: April 06, 2020, 10:10:12 PM »

The drug you want everybody taking is insufficiently tested. The more we learn about it, the more we realize it should not be being wildely prescribed without cause.

Pretty sure you mean widely.  In fact the opposite is true.  The more we know the better the drug looks in this crisis.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #30992 on: April 06, 2020, 10:15:34 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/06/politics/wisconsin-primary-election/index.html

Partisan politics disguised as jurisprudence, as the GOP courts once again work to block voting.

Block?

Do you seriously need an explanation for how these court decisions will prevent people from voting?

Sure - lets hear it.

Critics have said republicans in WIS want to vote now because they are AHEAD in some major races.

Not true?

Republicans win when there are fewer voters.

So the choice (only five polling centers in Milwaukee, down from 100)  is to vote and maybe die, or stay home and live while the GOP wins.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #30993 on: April 06, 2020, 10:30:06 PM »

The drug is being distributed to physicians more widely now out in Suffolk County (home base) and here in New Jersey.
News Item
Detroit News

Lansing — State Rep. Karen Whitsett, the second Michigan lawmaker from Detroit to test positive for COVID-19, is urging people to take the virus more seriously and is crediting hydroxychloroquine for helping save her life.

On Tuesday, her doctor prescribed her hydroxychloroquine, the anti-malaria drug that's being studied as a potential treatment for COVID-19, Whitsett said.
"It was a choice between going to the hospital and never coming out and getting my hands on that medication," she said, adding that "It literally saved my life."
She credited President Donald Trump for the availability and popularity of the drug, noting the administration had touted the drug at the federal level as a potential treatment for coronavirus. 

House Democrats revealed in a Monday statement that Whitsett, a first-term Democratic lawmaker, had tested positive for the virus. The caucus said she didn't attend House session the last time lawmakers convened on March 17 and "is doing well and appears to be on the other side" of the illness.
Whitsett said she had been experiencing a headache that she couldn't get rid of and pain in the front of her neck. She said she had a cough but not some of the other symptoms traditionally associated with the coronavirus. The headache became more severe and her breathing became a problem so Whitsett said she went last Tuesday to get tested for the virus.

"I see far too many people in my community not taking this serious," Whitsett said in a Monday interview. "I see far too many people in my community not staying at home."
"People really need to take this serious and heed the warnings," she added. "If you want to live to be on the other side of this, you need to take the warning. Because it’s real."
The announcement of Whitsett's positive test came after Rep. Tyrone Carter, D-Detroit, previously tested positive and after Rep. Isaac Robinson, D-Detroit, died with family members suspecting he had the virus.
Whitsett’s positive result is "another reminder that everyone must follow the recommended guidelines" and "practice social distancing to stop the spread of this virus," said House Minority Leader Christine Greig, D-Farmington Hills.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #30994 on: April 06, 2020, 10:30:26 PM »

So the choice (only five polling centers in Milwaukee, down from 100)  is [b[to vote and maybe die[/b], or stay home and live while the GOP wins.

Please - stop, alarmist.

I would surely vote here tomorrow if it was primary day.

Election officials had been taking elaborate preparations to protect public health while offering residents a chance to vote at polling places Tuesday, and Republican legislative leaders told them to keep going even after the governor issued his order, arguing that it would not stand up in court.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #30995 on: April 06, 2020, 10:33:52 PM »

Why did Wisconsin voters need an extension to vote absentee?  What were they doing all last week?  Or were they just made to be overconfident that the primary would in fact be moved (none of which would be the fault of Republicans)?

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #30996 on: April 06, 2020, 10:36:29 PM »

So the choice (only five polling centers in Milwaukee, down from 100)  is [b[to vote and maybe die[/b], or stay home and live while the GOP wins.

Please - stop, alarmist.

Election officials had been taking elaborate preparations to protect public health while offering residents a chance to vote at polling places Tuesday, and Republican legislative leaders told them to keep going even after the governor issued his order, arguing that it would not stand up in court.

Five polling places in all of Milwaukee so c9me stand in life be for hours in the midst of a pandemic. Meanwhile up is Moose’s Ass folks can roll in and roll out like it’s ok.

Like raw Acting Sec Nav said you’re either naive or stupid. So take your alarmist bullshit and shove it.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30997 on: April 06, 2020, 10:37:19 PM »

Carlson all over the hydroxychloroquine story tonight.

"The decision as to treatment should be between a patient and his/her doctor"

Thank you, Dr Marlow Hernandez.

Now lets make this available to doctors outside hospitals - so that hospitals can BE LESS CROWDED - thanks.
Better, let's have them sing Cracklin' Rose.
There was not a needy person among them, for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the proceeds of what was sold and laid it at the apostles' feet, and distribution was made to each as any had need.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #30998 on: April 06, 2020, 10:40:15 PM »

Please - stop, alarmist.

Five polling places in all of Milwaukee so c9me stand in life be for hours in the midst of a pandemic. Meanwhile up is Moose’s Ass folks can roll in and roll out like it’s ok.

Like raw Acting Sec Nav said you’re either naive or stupid. So take your alarmist bullshit and shove it.

Maybe they don't want to wait in line for a stamp either.

Lots of excuses.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30999 on: April 06, 2020, 10:41:08 PM »

Just 20 in ICU.

So you say.

But somehow, you couldn't manage a link.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #31000 on: April 06, 2020, 10:42:26 PM »

In Chicago they are saying a wave of disinformation has skewed the death total toward the black community - mainly that it was being said that "blacks can't get this virus" - and thus I guess in turn they were being less careful.

I had never heard that - not once this entire time.  Where was the rumor being spread?

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31001 on: April 06, 2020, 10:43:40 PM »

The drug you want everybody taking is insufficiently tested. The more we learn about it, the more we realize it should not be being wildely prescribed without cause.

Pretty sure you mean widely.  In fact the opposite is true.  The more we know the better the drug looks in this crisis.

Wildly.

Without consideration of age, diabetic condition, and other factors about which we seem not to know yet, but which turn it into a killer.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #31002 on: April 06, 2020, 10:43:54 PM »

Just 20 in ICU.

So you say.

But somehow, you couldn't manage a link.

You're right, clown.  I fucking made it up.

Jeez.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31003 on: April 06, 2020, 10:46:37 PM »

Please - stop, alarmist.

Of course you would have.

You continue to downplay the risk.

You make up "facts," you ignore facts, and you continually express your dislike of mathematics associated with the situation.

You are about as close to a stereotypical Republican as we're going to see.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31004 on: April 06, 2020, 10:47:50 PM »

Please - stop, alarmist.

Maybe they don't want to wait in line for a stamp either.

Lots of excuses.

Says the Master of Excuses.
Pages: 1 ... 2065 2066 [2067] 2068 2069 ... 4288