Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2071 2072 [2073] 2074 2075 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1595873 times)

barton

Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #31080 on: April 07, 2020, 02:31:52 PM »

Reading this last page here,  I had a premonition that someone would post a sealion pic.   Wow.   Three members supply the obvious reasons why Dems are more disenfranchised by the Wisconsin decision and it keeps barking for sardines.

Don't let the sealions wear you down.   Or...

Nolo te mare leones carborundum.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #31081 on: April 07, 2020, 02:41:05 PM »

Reading this last page here,  I had a premonition that someone would post a sealion pic.   Wow.   Three members supply the obvious reasons why Dems are more disenfranchised by the Wisconsin decision and it keeps barking for sardines.

God forbid you would ever read the law.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 02:43:25 PM by REDSTATEWARD »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #31082 on: April 07, 2020, 02:42:16 PM »

In potentially good news:
https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/07/health/ihme-updated-covid19-model/index.html

Model predicts that only 82,000 will have died as of 4 months from now.

Thanks

Hopefully it is even less.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #31083 on: April 07, 2020, 03:00:01 PM »

I think you need more than

-  Democrats are more likely to vote absentee
-  Democrats are more concentrated in the big cities (numbers would help) and thus greater of their numbers need to wait in long lines
-  Democrats are poorer and thus cant afford as much as Republicans to take the half day off from their work (are you still using this one)

If it is important enough - voters will VOTE.

So maybe you need to add - Democrats do not find issues important enough (compared to republicans) that they will get through rain, sleet and snow (and roving bands of chickens) to cast their ballot.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #31084 on: April 07, 2020, 03:09:33 PM »

-  Democrats are more concentrated in the big cities (numbers would help) and thus greater of their numbers need to wait in long lines

Look at a fucking map of any state or federal election and note where the blue is and where the red turns up.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31085 on: April 07, 2020, 03:11:06 PM »

God forbid you would ever read the law.
Hey barton:

There was not a needy person among them, for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the proceeds of what was sold and laid it at the apostles' feet, and distribution was made to each as any had need.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31086 on: April 07, 2020, 03:36:45 PM »

-  Democrats are poorer and thus cant afford as much as Republicans to take the half day off from their work (are you still using this one)

So maybe you need to add - Democrats do not find issues important enough (compared to republicans) that they will get through rain, sleet and snow (and roving bands of chickens) to cast their ballot.

Yeah, Kid. There was "more than" the factors you named, asshole.

Fewer places to vote is one. Waiting in line for HOURS is another. Many did not get their absentee ballots is a third.

But why the fuck am I wasting virgin electrons on you when you only say what you want to and utter BULLSHIT like this after being given facts.

Invent your own fucking excuses like not caring enough...

When if your party wanted to make voting possible, it could - but they care too much to allow such a thing.

I may be wrong.

About how close you are, that is.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #31087 on: April 07, 2020, 03:39:21 PM »

Fewer places to vote is one. Waiting in line for HOURS is another. Many did not get their absentee ballots is a third.

Thanks

So more Democrats DO vote absentee?  Are there numbers?

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #31088 on: April 07, 2020, 03:42:20 PM »

So Wuhan finally was able to lift its lockdown.

My nearby hospital in Shanghai had sent 350 doctors and nurses to Wuhan to help fight the outbreak.  They returned to Shanghai last week on April 1.  I was over there today and they have a big billboard on the hospital grounds with a photo of each doctor who was assigned to fight the coronavirus in Wuhan, in appreciation.

Outside of Hubei Province, China reported just 128 deaths.
Control measures work if implemented and complied with.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #31089 on: April 07, 2020, 03:53:42 PM »

You’re not a Republican you’re a member of the cult. You live in an altered state of reality.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #31090 on: April 07, 2020, 04:28:51 PM »

You’re not a Republican you’re a member of the cult. You live in an altered state of reality.

Yep - ok

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #31091 on: April 07, 2020, 04:29:45 PM »

So Wuhan finally was able to lift its lockdown.

My nearby hospital in Shanghai had sent 350 doctors and nurses to Wuhan to help fight the outbreak.  They returned to Shanghai last week on April 1.  I was over there today and they have a big billboard on the hospital grounds with a photo of each doctor who was assigned to fight the coronavirus in Wuhan, in appreciation.

Outside of Hubei Province, China reported just 128 deaths.
Control measures work if implemented and complied with.

best of luck over there

I hope they are re-opening things as safely as possible

barton

« Reply #31092 on: April 07, 2020, 04:38:19 PM »

Thanks

De stercore tauri non est disputandum.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #31093 on: April 07, 2020, 04:46:47 PM »

Still a lot of precautions.
Everybody in SH wears a mask in public.
Well, except at bars, cafes, restaurants.
Some stores and buildings temp check everyone entering.
Apt buildings and courtyard entrances are manned by a guard, and you can't enter unless you live there or have a resident invite you.
People still encouraged to wash their hands frequently, and to limit their contacts.

I played basketball at one park on Sunday and kept my mask on the whole time I played.  One other guy put on his mask after a third team came over to our court and then plus a few spectators came over to our court.  At other baskets usually just one maybe two guys wear a mask while playing.  There were probably 50 guys at the 4 baskets.  The main downtown court has 6 baskets but for now is only admitting 30 people at a time.  So basically two games and 4 baskets for shooting around.

Not really sure how long precautions will remain in place.  I assume they want to clear all the cases, and then stay vigilant in case of a 2nd wave.  International flights into China fairly limited (Aeroflot stopped all international flights last week), and all arrivals are being screened, and those who need to are tested.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31094 on: April 07, 2020, 04:59:25 PM »

Thanks

Dolt.

More Democrats TRIED to vote absentee. More than usual because of COVID-19.

Not "more Democrats DO vote absentee."

What we have kept telling you is that this year is unusual.

You keep ignoring it.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham
Pages: 1 ... 2071 2072 [2073] 2074 2075 ... 4288