Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2080 2081 [2082] 2083 2084 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1584774 times)

barton

Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #31215 on: April 08, 2020, 06:48:10 PM »

Correcting my Latin....

Nolite te mare leones carborundorum. 

Sorry,  Margaret.   

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31216 on: April 08, 2020, 06:49:36 PM »

Conservatives bleating about fairness in Wisconsin --- you don't want a fair vote process.   You don't want voting to be simple and accessible for all citizens,  because most citizens know your policies are garbage.
Try to stay in touch with the facts.

That’s just how he lost you. Try not to drown in the river of bullshit you inhabit.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #31217 on: April 08, 2020, 06:58:20 PM »

The country may be in lockdown, but Cheryl and Terrence Moore — black natives of the Deep South — felt there was no more important place to be Tuesday than their polling site, in surgical masks and latex gloves, voting in Wisconsin’s fiercely disputed primary.

“After the polls taxes and the poll tests, the lynchings and attack dogs, our ancestors dying and people putting their lives at risk at every opportunity, not to do our part because of a virus?” said Terrence Moore, 50, a pastor and business development coordinator at a Milwaukee neighborhood chamber of commerce.

“I would betray that legacy by staying home,” said the former South Carolinian, who waited 2 1/2 hours with his wife to cast their ballots at the city’s Riverside University High School. “It would be a dishonor not to honor them in this capacity.”

Amen.

“We’ve come this far by faith
Leaning on the Looord
 Trusting in His Holy Word
He never failed me yet ...”

Irony is dead.

D E A D dead...
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #31218 on: April 08, 2020, 07:02:38 PM »

Trump properties make excellent overflow morgues.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #31219 on: April 08, 2020, 07:26:09 PM »

Fac's on my ignore list.  Just an FYI

Yeah, so?
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31220 on: April 08, 2020, 07:28:15 PM »

Your party blocks rational modifications for the virus and I am starting trouble.

What was the legal basis for the court ruling?  By law - the ruling was 100% just.  They cannot make a ruling that gives any advantage off the initial election rules - all votes in by April 7 - and extending the deadline would have done just that.

I suppose members of the WIS Rep. party could have just let the Gov's order stand.  I don't begrudge you that.  But is that what their party elects them for?  To give away advantages/votes?
The Repuican led legislature that blocked all efforts to adapt the election because.of the pandemic. THE LEGISLATURE. Understand?
I don’t think you have a clue.
You should have stopped after the third word.
The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice with the palace has the brew that is true!

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31221 on: April 08, 2020, 07:29:43 PM »

Linda Tripp, primary author of the Clinton impeachment hoax, has died.
The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice with the palace has the brew that is true!

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #31222 on: April 08, 2020, 07:35:54 PM »

Linda Tripp, primary author of the Clinton impeachment hoax, has died.

Boy did she get suckered by Lucianne Goldberg whose family is still making bank on that scam.

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #31223 on: April 08, 2020, 07:46:20 PM »

Your party blocks rational modifications for the virus and I am starting trouble.

What was the legal basis for the court ruling?  By law - the ruling was 100% just.  They cannot make a ruling that gives any advantage off the initial election rules - all votes in by April 7 - and extending the deadline would have done just that.

I suppose members of the WIS Rep. party could have just let the Gov's order stand.  I don't begrudge you that.  But is that what their party elects them for?  To give away advantages/votes?
The Repuican led legislature that blocked all efforts to adapt the election because.of the pandemic. THE LEGISLATURE. Understand?
Thanks for confirming my entire sentence.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #31224 on: April 08, 2020, 07:54:55 PM »

When your party’s electoral strategy depends on fewer people voting it means they know their policies suck for most people...

Republicans know they can’t win an election straight up.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #31225 on: April 08, 2020, 08:02:23 PM »

My latest...

One of the things I learned in politics back when dinosaurs roamed the earth and Baby Boomers were the young upstarts is to know EXACTLY what you are fighting for, and more importantly, you must know when you are WINNING.

When this coronavirus hit the world, the debate in America over “Medicare for all” was done. Guess what, Bernie, you won.

He hadn’t figured out that a whole lot of Democrats were buying what he was selling, they just didn’t want to buy it from him. Bernie never closed the deal with the Democratic base because he never recognized when his movement morphed into a cult of personality. It’s no longer about politics.

https://exjournalistsunite.wordpress.com/2020/04/08/with-bernie-out-of-the-race-campaign-enters-crucial-final-phase/

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #31226 on: April 08, 2020, 08:33:29 PM »

Yes. Your sentence is that you will spend the rest of life as a miserable stupid prick watching the causes you champion wither and die.

It has been many times confirmed by Hairy, others, but most of all by yourself.

You got most of five years to prepare your next appeal.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #31227 on: April 08, 2020, 08:45:14 PM »

My latest...

One of the things I learned in politics back when dinosaurs roamed the earth and Baby Boomers were the young upstarts is to know EXACTLY what you are fighting for, and more importantly, you must know when you are WINNING.

When this coronavirus hit the world, the debate in America over “Medicare for all” was done. Guess what, Bernie, you won.

He hadn’t figured out that a whole lot of Democrats were buying what he was selling, they just didn’t want to buy it from him. Bernie never closed the deal with the Democratic base because he never recognized when his movement morphed into a cult of personality. It’s no longer about politics.

https://exjournalistsunite.wordpress.com/2020/04/08/with-bernie-out-of-the-race-campaign-enters-crucial-final-phase/

Thanks Larry. Good insights on the state of the party. You are right that the virus also changes everything, but we aren’t sure exactly how yet.

This was another quite informative article from the site,

http://exjournalistsunite.wordpress.com/2020/04/07/trumps-magic-bullet/

Brain stem and brain damage won’t be noticed among his supporters in the cult.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #31228 on: April 08, 2020, 09:07:31 PM »

http://slate.com/news-and-politics/2020/04/trump-coronavirus-bush-911-excuses.html

Brain stem and brain damage won’t be noticed among his supporters in the cult.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #31229 on: April 08, 2020, 09:09:36 PM »

Fac's on my ignore list.  Just an FYI

Yeah, so?

Always nice to know I can still reach in and change Kiid’s mind.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 2080 2081 [2082] 2083 2084 ... 4288