Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2097 2098 [2099] 2100 2101 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2006570 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #31470 on: April 12, 2020, 06:57:46 PM »

It's been streaming free all weekend on Youtube's The Show Must Go On. Last weekend was Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat.

Yeah....that ran out (48 hours)

This is the live performance with John Legend as JC

Will have a look.   Thanks.   One of Rice and Webber's best collaborations.  Evita is my other favorite.    I like some of his after-Rice stuff,  like Phantom, but Rice was the finest lyricist he teamed up with IMO.

Evita is in 5 weekends.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31472 on: April 12, 2020, 09:27:35 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/12/business/meat-plant-closures-smithfield/index.html

Meat supply chain issues.

This one is pork, but they are hardly the only one.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #31476 on: April 12, 2020, 10:04:04 PM »

Smell the flowers today.  Enjoy your loved ones.

I remember 2009.

I remember 1984

You mean when the world was in the middle of a financial crisis and the Democrats blocked every initiative put forward to save the national economy until Reagan compromised enough to keep the country from burning down?

Clown.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #31477 on: April 12, 2020, 10:11:17 PM »

Jesus Christ Superstar

NBC

7 pm tonight

Bereiles is no Melanie Chisholm - nor Yvonne Elliman.  But worth a watch.

Brandon Victor Dixon as Judas.
Knew him when he was a young teen and my kids were in elementary.  Super talent. However, I didn’t watch the show, was never a big fan of Rice and Webber.
Janelle Monae was on Austin City Limits and she turned it out.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

oilcan

« Reply #31478 on: April 12, 2020, 11:40:38 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/12/business/meat-plant-closures-smithfield/index.html

Fuck all these whiners about not getting their pork chops.  Glad they put the hog holocaust on hold.   No one needs to be eating animals.   With industrial farming you're just eating cruelty of the most vicious kind.   Plus nasty hormones and carcinogens. 

I love the CEO's euphemistic "protein plant"  -- it's a slaughterhouse, with rivers of blood and the reek of terrified animals.  They murder sentient creatures so you can have entertaining flavors at dinner.   If you spent a few months working in one of those hellholes (as I did,  when I was 19), you'd never touch meat again. 

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31480 on: April 13, 2020, 12:09:40 AM »

If you spent a few months working in one of those hellholes (as I did,  when I was 19), you'd never touch meat again.

Just not true, OC.

I know some folks who are sure of what you said, but I know others who have done so and have never batted an eyelash about eating meat.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31481 on: April 13, 2020, 12:42:54 AM »

Headline that just caught my eye:

The president has vanished; his wife, the VP, says the coronavirus isn’t a problem.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31482 on: April 13, 2020, 01:25:35 AM »

https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2020/04/12/louisiana-mardi-gras-parade-nungesser-intv-tsr-blitzer-vpx.cnn

The Lt. Governor apologizes to the Mayor of New Orleans - but honestly, his blaming the feds and saying they had no idea is either a lie or a reason he and his boss should lose their jobs.

Given that he knew what the Mayor was doing, he should have stopped to figure out why the Mayor was doing.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #31483 on: April 13, 2020, 02:44:34 AM »

Good.  Stop killing animals.
If everyone were a vegetarian there would be fewer diseases infecting people.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #31484 on: April 13, 2020, 02:53:17 AM »

I spent Carnivale in Valletta Malta.  And while it's not a big place, there were still crowds of people out on the street all evening and night for 5 days running.  And I'm sure tourists, like my group, came in from outside Malta for the Carnivale. 

The outbreak in No. Italy was getting underway (and in fact Milan's Carnival was canceled).  And there were a few times where we looked around and then said to each other that this would be a real opportunity for viral transmission if just one person was infected.  And there I was just in from China (though Shanghai was pretty safe and I had been under voluntary lockdown for 3 weeks already).

I thought about Mardi Gras in New Orleans and hoped the virus hadn't penetrated that far yet, because that would of course be a potential hotspot.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---
Pages: 1 ... 2097 2098 [2099] 2100 2101 ... 4288