Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2100 2101 [2102] 2103 2104 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2006322 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #31515 on: April 13, 2020, 03:22:45 PM »

“Wearing a mask while walking in your neighborhood seems excessive,” another person said, according to the paper. “If there isn’t anyone around, I still have to wear my mask?!”

A third resident wrote, “This has crossed the line, and it’s time to start throwing tea in the harbor.”

https://www.foxnews.com/us/california-towns-coronavirus-mask-orders-stirs-complaints-of-nanny-state-report

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #31517 on: April 13, 2020, 03:31:49 PM »

“Wearing a mask while walking in your neighborhood seems excessive,” another person said, according to the paper. “If there isn’t anyone around, I still have to wear my mask?!”

A third resident wrote, “This has crossed the line, and it’s time to start throwing tea in the harbor.”

https://www.foxnews.com/us/california-towns-coronavirus-mask-orders-stirs-complaints-of-nanny-state-report

When you have to convince someone to save their own lives well... fuck them. If they want be assholes let them

Trevor was not angry. In fact, he staunchly supported the stance promoted by his elected officials. “Ain’t no way I would ever support Obamacare or sign up for it,” he told me. “I would rather die.” When I asked him why he felt this way even as he faced severe illness, he explained: “We don’t need any more government in our lives. And in any case, no way I want my tax dollars paying for Mexicans or welfare queens.”

http://bostonreview.net/race/jonathan-m-metzl-dying-whiteness

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #31518 on: April 13, 2020, 03:41:42 PM »

Leading up to the last election, President Trump dismissed polls unfavorable to him as fake news. He was right. Polls missed big in 2016. Pollsters believe they know what went wrong and have fixed it. After the 2018 midterm elections, the industry declared victory when pundits using polling data called most races correctly. Harry Enten of CNN trumpeted, "2018 was a very good year for polls." Really? Many of the contests were in deep red or blue areas where the outcome was never in doubt. And there were still some big misses. Polls again underestimated Republicans in a handful of states including Florida and, as in 2016, those misses were enough to result in narrow wins in important races. In all, only 80 percent of polls showed the eventual winners leading. That sounds good, but take out the no-brainers, and the hit rate is more like 50–50—in other words, a coin flip.

https://www.newsweek.com/pollsters-got-it-wrong-when-trump-took-hillary-2016-can-you-trust-them-this-time-1497088

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #31519 on: April 13, 2020, 03:53:20 PM »

When you have to convince someone to save their own lives well... fuck them. If they want be assholes let them

Trevor was not angry. In fact, he staunchly supported the stance promoted by his elected officials. “Ain’t no way I would ever support Obamacare or sign up for it,” he told me. “I would rather die.” When I asked him why he felt this way even as he faced severe illness, he explained: “We don’t need any more government in our lives. And in any case, no way I want my tax dollars paying for Mexicans or welfare queens.”

Thanks for the link

In 2018—in a world home to both the Movement for Black Lives and a president who identifies white supremacists as fine people—we are given a movie about black empowerment where the only redeemed blacks are African nobles. They safeguard virtue and goodness against the threat not of white Americans or Europeans, but a black American man, the most dangerous person in the world.

Even in a comic-book movie, black American men are relegated to the lowest rung of political regard. So low that the sole white leading character in the movie, the CIA operative Everett Ross (Martin Freeman), gets to be a hero who helps save Wakanda. A white man who trades in secrets and deception is given a better turn than a black man whose father was murdered by his own family and who is left by family and nation to languish in poverty. That’s racist.

https://bostonreview.net/race/christopher-lebron-black-panther

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31520 on: April 13, 2020, 04:17:07 PM »

Kiid has a fantasy response for every bit of reality he’s uncomfortably forced to confront.

A lot of whites are dangerously racist, but so what because someone wrote a think piece about how a movie depicting a black superhero could be interpreted as racist by someone who recognized that when a white comic book world and white Hollywood use depictions of POC, the almost always do so in ways that promote whitey’s racist tropes.

Constant trump tantrums and bungling is allowing a virus to spread unchecked around the country except where mayors and governors have stepped into the huge leadership void, but so what because Easter Bugger trump is passing out candy with no proven efficacy against the virus but plenty of well known and quite awful side effects.

Republicans are a crime syndicate looting and crippling every vital system in the country they can reach, but so what because CEOs are making off like bandits and maintaining a network of confederate symbology requires a coordinated federal response even if that means a federal government incompetent to accomplish anything else with its authority.

If Kiid gets sick, he will imagine himself getting better right up until the storm kicks up in his lungs.

Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #31521 on: April 13, 2020, 04:46:03 PM »

Trump predicts Biden presidency

http://www.politico.com/news/2020/04/13/states-baffled-coronavirus-supplies-trump-179199

“Ideally, those states should have had all this equipment, and I think they will the next time.”
-Putin’s lazy racist puppet

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #31522 on: April 13, 2020, 04:48:01 PM »

Thanks for the link

In 2018—in a world home to both the Movement for Black Lives and a president who identifies white supremacists as fine people—we are given a movie about black empowerment where the only redeemed blacks are African nobles. They safeguard virtue and goodness against the threat not of white Americans or Europeans, but a black American man, the most dangerous person in the world.

Even in a comic-book movie, black American men are relegated to the lowest rung of political regard. So low that the sole white leading character in the movie, the CIA operative Everett Ross (Martin Freeman), gets to be a hero who helps save Wakanda. A white man who trades in secrets and deception is given a better turn than a black man whose father was murdered by his own family and who is left by family and nation to languish in poverty. That’s racist.

https://bostonreview.net/race/christopher-lebron-black-panther

What does that have to do with price of hydroxychloroquine in Wuhan?
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #31523 on: April 13, 2020, 04:50:48 PM »

Kiid has a fantasy response for every bit of reality he’s uncomfortably forced to confront.

A lot of whites are dangerously racist, but so what because someone wrote a think piece about how a movie depicting a black superhero could be interpreted as racist by someone who recognized that when a white comic book world and white Hollywood use depictions of POC, the almost always do so in ways that promote whitey’s racist tropes.

Constant trump tantrums and bungling is allowing a virus to spread unchecked around the country except where mayors and governors have stepped into the huge leadership void, but so what because Easter Bugger trump is passing out candy with no proven efficacy against the virus but plenty of well known and quite awful side effects.

Republicans are a crime syndicate looting and crippling every vital system in the country they can reach, but so what because CEOs are making off like bandits and maintaining a network of confederate symbology requires a coordinated federal response even if that means a federal government incompetent to accomplish anything else with its authority.

If Kiid gets sick, he will imagine himself getting better right up until the storm kicks up in his lungs.

Amazing...

Lyndon Johnson

barton

« Reply #31524 on: April 13, 2020, 04:57:50 PM »

I do think it might be time for Dr Fauci to step aside - forced or otherwise.

Tony is the most experienced - and possibly the most knowledgeable in the US on infectious disease - but right now is not the BEST to have on camera in concert with Dr Birx, Dr Adams and President Trump.
Because we do not want the most knowledgeable and experienced person helping at this time? Because he speaks the truth to us rather than spew out the line from our amateur shit show President?

We already know Kid has signed up for kakistocracy. 

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #31525 on: April 13, 2020, 05:51:30 PM »

http://m.dailykos.com/stories/1936907

“The Trump administration response is such a spectacular failure that it would have to improve tenfold to even be called a fiasco. The federal emergency response to a pandemic is in chaos, with nearly all aspects having so far collapsed. And Trump is a liar; he stood in the Rose Garden and lied, outright, about efforts that he and his administration never even bothered to further pursue.”

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31526 on: April 13, 2020, 05:55:37 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/13/health/detroit-hospital-bodies-coronavirus-trnd/index.html

Bodies piled in rooms in a Detroit hospital.

So much more help needed than our medical workers have gotten. I don't care what level or who you point the fingers at. They needed and still need more.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 06:00:32 PM by josh »
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31527 on: April 13, 2020, 06:10:25 PM »

https://bit.ly/3a7OP0a?fbclid=IwAR2lelNvgYYC2LkuziLKPGw0uu0GsU4XO19hMuermKAVhL3FeYXBtuLp_OU

What do countries with the best coronavirus responses have in common?

Women leaders.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #31528 on: April 13, 2020, 06:14:00 PM »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31529 on: April 13, 2020, 06:15:39 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 2100 2101 [2102] 2103 2104 ... 4288