Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2146 2147 [2148] 2149 2150 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2006330 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #32205 on: April 21, 2020, 11:01:06 PM »

Josh is still on the rag since I very early on touted the effective use of antivirals (this before I ever heard of hydrochloroquine) prior to a vaccine being discovered - and at the time - likely due to his naysaying everything - he did so on anti-virals

Not his best moment but forgivable - but this moderator just cannot let go - he naysays the drug ad nauseum even as it helps his neighbors recover more easily from this beast - and even when it saves a relative's life.

Josh is just being Josh.  Let's all move on now.

Game, set, match.

When kiid says ‘Move on’ it means he has no true argument to make but won’t concede to logic so it s time to change the subject, no matter how loud wrong he is.

Hate to have been his kid.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32206 on: April 21, 2020, 11:05:04 PM »

"An appalling campaign of deceit, concealment, misfeasance, and inaction by US authorities unleashed this pandemic," will read the suits by the more sensible states - especially those states whose supplies were rerouted (i.e. stolen) by the federal government.

Add to it the president's duplicity in claiming he would leave it to the states, followed by first his encouraging domestic terrorism with his "Liberate Michigan" and other such tweets, and then his AG's announcement today:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/justice-department/barr-calls-stay-home-orders-disturbingly-close-house-arrest-n1189156?cid=sm_npd_nn_fb_ma&fbclid=IwAR3hKQwGCNsd6aRmX7DqFYy6wipzndbYacFTenXNNuq7PbtYR7MrYkX9giE

China ain't got nothing on the Trumpster and his gang for "deceit, concealment, misfeasance, and inaction!"

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #32207 on: April 21, 2020, 11:07:32 PM »

Reichelt added: “You rule by surveillance. You wouldn't be president without surveillance. You monitor everything, every citizen, but you refuse to monitor the diseased wet markets in your country. You shut down every newspaper and website that is critical of your rule, but not the stalls where bat soup is sold. You are not only monitoring your people, you are endangering them – and with them, the rest of the world.”

------------

Fox News has reported that sources are saying there's increasing confidence that the coronavirus pandemic began in a Wuhan, China, laboratory as part of the Communist country's efforts to compete with the United States.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/china-germanys-bild-in-war-of-words-after-newspaper-scorched-xi-over-coronavirus

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #32208 on: April 21, 2020, 11:15:51 PM »

Josh is still on the rag since I very early on touted the effective use of antivirals (this before I ever heard of hydrochloroquine) prior to a vaccine being discovered - and at the time - likely due to his naysaying everything - he did so on anti-virals

Not his best moment but forgivable - but this moderator just cannot let go - he naysays the drug ad nauseum even as it helps his neighbors recover more easily from this beast - and even when it saves a relative's life.

Game, set, match.

When kiid says ‘Move on’ it means he has no true argument to make but won’t concede to logic so it s time to change the subject, no matter how loud wrong he is.

Larrrryyy!!!!!!!!!

Welcome back.  Iggy time is up.

Be cool now.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32209 on: April 21, 2020, 11:32:16 PM »

Reichelt added: “You rule by surveillance. You wouldn't be president without surveillance. You monitor everything, every citizen, but you refuse to monitor the diseased wet markets in your country. You shut down every newspaper and website that is critical of your rule, but not the stalls where bat soup is sold. You are not only monitoring your people, you are endangering them – and with them, the rest of the world.”
------------
Fox News has reported that sources are saying there's increasing confidence that the coronavirus pandemic began in a Wuhan, China, laboratory as part of the Communist country's efforts to compete with the United States.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/china-germanys-bild-in-war-of-words-after-newspaper-scorched-xi-over-coronavirus

Of course that's what they are reporting.

And you accuse others of being led by the nose.

It would be funny if it were so tragically predictable.

But... it's not even new news.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/15/politics/us-intelligence-virus-started-chinese-lab/index.html - 6 days ago.

And https://www.livescience.com/coronavirus-wuhan-lab-complicated-origins.html - 3 days ago. "Here's the science."
or
https://www.wsj.com/articles/chinas-bats-expert-says-her-wuhan-lab-wasnt-source-of-new-coronavirus-11587463204

Of course, it is hardly a shock that she would deny responsibility, but when multiple teams independently look at it and come to the same conclusion based on the genomics, it sure makes it sound more likely that it did not come from her lab.

It's no more likely that it came from there than that it was planted there by some agent to make China look bad.

And I don't believe that, either. I believe the scientists who say it is far more likely to have been naturally occurring and outside the lab.

Take yet another of your conspiracy theories and put it where it belongs - with your hydroxychoroquine!
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32210 on: April 21, 2020, 11:35:08 PM »

Game, set, match.

Larrrryyy!!!!!!!!!

Welcome back.  Iggy time is up.

Be cool now.

If Larry's wise, he has you on ignore.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32211 on: April 21, 2020, 11:36:56 PM »

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32212 on: April 22, 2020, 12:01:48 AM »

Dead horse beaten once again. Your continual flogging of an unsubstantiated study is bordering comic. Everyone, josh included, have acknowledged the French study. With all of the faults. The drug needs further study.

So you refute the numbers from that study?

Or do you think it was just random that such a high number recovered?
Dead horse. It has been explained to you too many times to think you will listen now.

Answer the question
Do you masturbate in the shower, or do you masturbate in your living room. Answer the question.
A parrot bit me.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #32213 on: April 22, 2020, 12:04:13 AM »

Your pathological and sycophantic need for Trump to be some COVID savant does not turn something into a scientifically valid study.

This has nothing to do with Trump touting this treatment - and nothing to do with the election

Its what I said - vs what Josh is putting forth.  And it began with his hissy fit when I posted an innocent comment on how antivirals could very well help stem the tide while we await a vaccine

The dude had a COW - it was insane.
it has everything to do with your lust for Trump's reelection.
A parrot bit me.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #32214 on: April 22, 2020, 12:05:50 AM »

Can a state sue another nation?  Well here you go

https://www.foxnews.com/media/missouri-suing-china-direct-responsibility-for-coronavirus

a) Only with permission of Congress.

b) Good luck collecting, until and unless we have Chinese assets stockpiled.
Not to mention proving liability. As a general rule, insane conspiracy theories based on zero evidence do not fare well in courts.
A parrot bit me.

oilcan

« Reply #32215 on: April 22, 2020, 12:34:52 AM »

Dead horse beaten once again. Your continual flogging of an unsubstantiated study is bordering comic. Everyone, josh included, have acknowledged the French study. With all of the faults. The drug needs further study.

So you refute the numbers from that study?

Or do you think it was just random that such a high number recovered?
Dead horse. It has been explained to you too many times to think you will listen now.

Answer the question
Do you masturbate in the shower, or do you masturbate in your living room. Answer the question.

If it's the mental kind, he seems to do that in almost every post.

Except instead of an orgasm,  he just regurgitates half-digested bits from Fox.

Sad.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32216 on: April 22, 2020, 12:36:47 AM »

https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/928803 - Silent hypoxia and other curious clinical observations in  COVID-19.

And

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2020/4/21/1939098/-Possible-major-breakthrough-on-treating-Covid-19-patients-detecting-silent-hypoxia-early-on
We are just beginning to recognize that Covid pneumonia initially causes a form of oxygen deprivation we call “silent hypoxia” — “silent” because of its insidious, hard-to-detect nature.

Pneumonia is an infection of the lungs in which the air sacs fill with fluid or pus. Normally, patients develop chest discomfort, pain with breathing and other breathing problems. But when Covid pneumonia first strikes, patients don’t feel short of breath, even as their oxygen levels fall. And by the time they do, they have alarmingly low oxygen levels and moderate-to-severe pneumonia (as seen on chest X-rays). Normal oxygen saturation for most persons at sea level is 94 percent to 100 percent; Covid pneumonia patients I saw had oxygen saturations as low as 50 percent.

If we can find silent hypoxia early on, we will be able to save more lives.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32217 on: April 22, 2020, 12:41:26 AM »

"Not normal" is a gross understatement, but I cannot blame them. In their shoes I would be doing the same thing.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32218 on: April 22, 2020, 01:15:17 AM »

It’s basically what we do when Kiid posts his daily Fox flip flop and we dig back a couple of pages to where he posted the opposite opinion and pull up the quote. It’s the simplest way to deal with compulsive liars and other varieties of the mentally ill.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32219 on: April 22, 2020, 01:17:36 AM »

And a problem with the rapid test, though at least we think we know what it is:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/21/health/abbott-laboratories-coronavirus-rapid-test/index.html
Pages: 1 ... 2146 2147 [2148] 2149 2150 ... 4288