Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2152 2153 [2154] 2155 2156 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2006323 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Last Edit: April 22, 2020, 05:27:39 PM by kiidcarter8 »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #32296 on: April 22, 2020, 05:30:34 PM »

The Whitmer for Biden Veep campaign seems to be on life support.

Forget her unpopular state lockdown orders that led to protests. ( her response was along the lines of Shut Up! Obey!)

She wasn't going to ever be Biden's Veep nor was she campaigning for it.

But sure, her chances got cut in half from 0% down to 0/2%.
I would also point out that there is no evidence Whitmer's lock down was unpopular in general. As opposed to unpopular with a small number of people triggered by Trump.

Yes.

And also no.

Reasoning like a pre-schooler, as previously noted.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32297 on: April 22, 2020, 05:31:29 PM »

Forget her unpopular state lockdown orders that led to protests. ( her response was along the lines of Shut Up! Obey!)

I would also point out that there is no evidence Whitmer's lock down was unpopular in general. As opposed to unpopular with a small number of people triggered by Trump.
LOL!

Translation: "The polls support what he said, so I am not going to comment, just pretend to."
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32298 on: April 22, 2020, 05:32:19 PM »

The evidence goes in the opposite direction. Plus her handling of the crisis is seen more positively than Trump's in Michigan.

But none of that matters to either Ward or Kid.

I really don't know what you mean.

I know.

Consider your head patted.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #32299 on: April 22, 2020, 05:53:36 PM »

I think Michigan is just as safe for you guys for November as it was previously
I dont care. Those are my family and friends.

I feel for you

I am sure some of your friends are conservative - and among those are some/maybe all that side with Whitmer.

Freedom of expression still stands in the US.  Ofthen the case that it is  bothersome to one side or the other.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #32300 on: April 22, 2020, 05:58:13 PM »

Yes.

And also no.

I will join your class for a second, Joshie.

YES - there is no evidence Whitmer's lockdown was unpopular - in general (I assume this means percentages)

And NO (re:  "triggered by Trump") - those protesting didnt need any words from Donald Trump to feel/act as they do.

Still fuzzy?

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #32301 on: April 22, 2020, 06:01:44 PM »

(Now Consider that)
on Monday, Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer announced a new project intended to trace contacts between people who were potentially exposed to the novel coronavirus.

Such a system could potentially help contain and slow the spread of the virus, though many have raised concerns over the intrusive nature of a program that would generate a lot of detailed, private data about people. But that wasn’t the only issue being raised.

As it turns out, Whitmer awarded the contract to Every Action VAN, described as one of the left’s biggest technology firms. The group was also a vendor on the payroll of Whitmer’s campaign. In addition, their parent organization has ties to both the Clintons and Joe Biden’s campaign, as well as having done work for hundreds of labor unions.

https://freebeacon.com/coronavirus/facing-criticism-whitmer-rescinds-contract-awarded-to-dem-consulting-firm/

The Beacon info went viral and Whitmer quickly canceled the contract.

She didn’t go to Jared’s...
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #32302 on: April 22, 2020, 06:06:17 PM »

US number now at 5.5% - deaths to cases

Worldwide we are at 6.9.

“We’re no worse than anyone else!”
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #32303 on: April 22, 2020, 06:15:59 PM »

Yes.

And also no.

YES - there is no evidence Whitmer's lockdown was unpopular - in general (I assume this means percentages)

And NO (re:  "triggered by Trump") - those protesting didnt need any words from Donald Trump to feel/act as they do.

Still fuzzy?

Those protests are Astrturf just like the Tea Party.
Fuck8ng FreedomWorks op.

Agent provocateurs and stupid cultists.

Lyndon Johnson

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32304 on: April 22, 2020, 06:34:53 PM »

Yes.

And also no.

Still fuzzy?
Think those people wearing MAGA hats would have been there but for Trump's comments?
A parrot bit me.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #32305 on: April 22, 2020, 06:35:14 PM »

LOL!
So as usual you have absolutely nothing to back up your claim.
I didn’t make any claim.

barton

« Reply #32306 on: April 22, 2020, 06:40:25 PM »

Yep,  all these "grassroots" demonstrations are astroturfed.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/17/far-right-coronavirus-protests-restrictions

The pattern of rightwing not-for-profits promoting public protests while still more radical groups use lockdown resistance as a platform for extreme rightwing causes looks set to continue in events advertised in other states over coming days.

In Idaho on Friday, protesters plan to gather at the capitol building in Boise to protest anti-virus restrictions put in place by the Republican governor, Brad Little.

The protest has been heavily promoted by the Idaho Freedom Foundation (IFF), which counts among its donors “dark money” funds linked to the Koch brothers such as Donors Capital Fund, and Castle Rock, a foundation seeded with part of the fortune of Adolph Coors, the rightwing beer magnate.... 

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #32307 on: April 22, 2020, 06:43:21 PM »

‘What do you have to lose?”

Suckers. How can you marks keep falling for the GOP grifters?

Bright said, "Specifically, and contrary to misguided directives, I limited the broad use of chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine, promoted by the Administration as a panacea, but which clearly lack scientific merit."

The president suggested last month on Twitter that taking a combination of hydroxychloroquine — which is used to treat lupus and to prevent malaria — and azithromycin could be "one of the biggest game changers in the history of medicine.... "What do you have to lose?"

Dr. Anthony Fauci, of the NIH and a member of the White House coronavirus task force, said last month that hydroxychloroquine was not considered a treatment for the novel coronavirus.

Dr. Bright said in his statement he is "speaking out because to combat this deadly virus, science – not politics or cronyism – has to lead the way." He said he will request HHS' inspector general "investigate the manner in which this Administration has politicized the work of BARDA and has pressured me and other conscientious scientists to fund companies with political connections as well as efforts that lack scientific merit."

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2020/04/22/842013672/federal-doctor-says-he-was-removed-for-resisting-unproven-coronavirus-treatments?origin=NOTIFY

Lyndon Johnson

barton

« Reply #32308 on: April 22, 2020, 06:46:33 PM »

Think those people wearing MAGA hats would have been there but for Trump's comments?

The red hat brigade don't move their bowels unless Trump broadcasts a MASA message.
Pages: 1 ... 2152 2153 [2154] 2155 2156 ... 4288