Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2154 2155 [2156] 2157 2158 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2006511 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #32325 on: April 22, 2020, 09:09:32 PM »

With a day just like today tomorrow (to the exact number), we will hit 50,000 deaths in the US.

In 5 days, maybe 6 because of the usual depressed Sunday numbers, we'll hit 1,000,000 cases in the US.

With 8 days like the last 8, we'll be at 65,497. The 8 before aren't much better.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #32326 on: April 22, 2020, 09:10:17 PM »

Yep,  all these "grassroots" demonstrations are astroturfed.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/17/far-right-coronavirus-protests-restrictions

The pattern of rightwing not-for-profits promoting public protests while still more radical groups use lockdown resistance as a platform for extreme rightwing causes looks set to continue in events advertised in other states over coming days.

In Idaho on Friday, protesters plan to gather at the capitol building in Boise to protest anti-virus restrictions put in place by the Republican governor, Brad Little.

The protest has been heavily promoted by the Idaho Freedom Foundation (IFF), which counts among its donors “dark money” funds linked to the Koch brothers such as Donors Capital Fund, and Castle Rock, a foundation seeded with part of the fortune of Adolph Coors, the rightwing beer magnate.... 
Another conspiracy theorist checks in.

You poor deluded fool...
There’s no ‘conspiracy’ because their shit is out in the open.

“On the day when Trump declared a national emergency after weeks of downplaying the risk, she questioned the urgency.

“The Media is Overblowing COVID-19,” she said in a March 13 email to dozens of lawmakers in Illinois, where the company has major operations. “At what point do we go back to our normal lives? This has been a huge disruption.”

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-04-21/trump-mega-donor-a-shipping-magnate-pushes-to-end-a-shutdown
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #32327 on: April 22, 2020, 09:11:46 PM »

When your governor puts in place an order, the workers in that state are protected from their bosses, who are protected from their landlords and other creditors. Most governors extended this protection. Some who have are itching to take that protection away. Trump is still trying to figure out how to shift the blame to China.

He seems very old and unsteady. Maybe the new staff isn’t working out for him the way their extensive and impressive resumes implied they would.

They haven’t figured out new chemistry to keep the boy going.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32328 on: April 22, 2020, 09:32:00 PM »

Whoa!

http://www.cnn.com/2020/04/22/politics/trump-pence-georgia-governor-brian-kemp/index.html

Trump says it is 'too soon' for Georgia to reopen economy
Trump called Georgia's governor last night to support his move to reopen businesses this Friday, a source says. Now he's saying the opposite.

Brian Kemp's head has to be spinning.

"I told the governor of Georgia Brian Kemp that I disagree strongly with his decision to open certain facilities which are in violation of the phase one guidelines for the incredible people of Georgia," Trump said.

He suggested he would intervene if he saw "something totally egregious."

"I love those people. They're great. They've been strong, resolute, but at the same time, he must do what he thinks is right. I want him to do what he thinks is right, but I disagree with him on what he's doing but I want to let the governors do (what they want)," the President said.

"Now, if I see something totally egregious, totally out of line, I'll do (something)," Trump said, but did not provide specifics on what he would do.

The governor is of course going to open anyway. He's no DeSantis.

https://www.11alive.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/kemp-tweets-after-trump-speaks/85-bf827c92-eeb5-42f1-acfa-8c646bb74309

Kemp said on Monday that gyms, fitness centers, bowling alleys, body art studios, barbers, cosmetologists, hair designers, nail care artists, estheticians and their schools, and massage therapists can reopen on Friday, April 24.

In a tweet, Kemp said he's confident that business owners who decide to reopen will "adhere to Minimum Basic Operations, which prioritize the health and well-being of employees and customers."

Yeah, that "minimum basic operation" for massage will keep everybody safe. Of course it will.

Russian roulette, but he's loaded a second bullet into one of the chambers.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2020, 09:37:15 PM by josh »
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #32329 on: April 22, 2020, 09:35:30 PM »

With a day just like today tomorrow (to the exact number), we will hit 50,000 deaths in the US.

In 5 days, maybe 6 because of the usual depressed Sunday numbers, we'll hit 1,000,000 cases in the US.

With 8 days like the last 8, we'll be at 65,497. The 8 before aren't much better.

Yeah - have to expect 100+ K in the end.

Total failure - except if you ask those who recovered through the passion, diligence and work ethic of fellow Americans.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #32330 on: April 22, 2020, 09:45:15 PM »

Trump called Georgia's governor last night to support his move to reopen businesses this Friday, a source says. Now he's saying the opposite.

CNN had the story - nobody else

And with no quote, as I said earlier

CNN = Fake News

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32331 on: April 22, 2020, 09:51:09 PM »

The total failure is very conspicuously restrained to individuals primarily of a singular political persuasion in positions of vital responsibility for which their experiences, ambitions, and rhetoric have left them woefully unprepared.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32333 on: April 22, 2020, 10:23:35 PM »

CNN = Fake News

I provided you with the quote, asshole.

Kid Carter - Lying poster.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32334 on: April 22, 2020, 10:25:00 PM »

Yeah - have to expect 100+ K in the end.

Total failure - except if you ask those who recovered through the passion, diligence and work ethic of fellow Americans.

Many of them feel that their country failed, too, Kid, and that they got lucky to be either in the right place at the right time or to have the right physiognomy.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #32335 on: April 22, 2020, 11:05:21 PM »

CNN = Fake News

What?  This quote?

"He's a very capable man. He knows what he’s doing. He’s done a very good job as governor in Georgia"

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32336 on: April 22, 2020, 11:12:55 PM »

Whoa!

http://www.cnn.com/2020/04/22/politics/trump-pence-georgia-governor-brian-kemp/index.html

Trump says it is 'too soon' for Georgia to reopen economy

Brian Kemp's head has to be spinning.

"I told the governor of Georgia Brian Kemp that I disagree strongly with his decision to open certain facilities which are in violation of the phase one guidelines for the incredible people of Georgia," Trump said.

He suggested he would intervene if he saw "something totally egregious."

"I love those people. They're great. They've been strong, resolute, but at the same time, he must do what he thinks is right. I want him to do what he thinks is right, but I disagree with him on what he's doing but I want to let the governors do (what they want)," the President said.

"Now, if I see something totally egregious, totally out of line, I'll do (something)," Trump said, but did not provide specifics on what he would do.

The governor is of course going to open anyway. He's no DeSantis.

https://www.11alive.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/kemp-tweets-after-trump-speaks/85-bf827c92-eeb5-42f1-acfa-8c646bb74309

Kemp said on Monday that gyms, fitness centers, bowling alleys, body art studios, barbers, cosmetologists, hair designers, nail care artists, estheticians and their schools, and massage therapists can reopen on Friday, April 24.

In a tweet, Kemp said he's confident that business owners who decide to reopen will "adhere to Minimum Basic Operations, which prioritize the health and well-being of employees and customers."

Yeah, that "minimum basic operation" for massage will keep everybody safe. Of course it will.

Russian roulette, but he's loaded a second bullet into one of the chambers.

Less meth, Kiid. More reading.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32337 on: April 22, 2020, 11:39:52 PM »

CNN = Fake News

What?  This quote?

"He's a very capable man. He knows what he’s doing. He’s done a very good job as governor in Georgia"

Why, yes. Look, you found it!

Trump was responding (as the article says) to a question about Kemp's plan.

These latest statements appear to be a total reversal from Tuesday, when Trump, asked about Kemp’s plan during the day’s White House coronavirus briefing, said: “He’s a very capable man. He knows what he’s doing. He’s done a very good job as governor in Georgia.”
Or as I previously posted, from before the change of mind:
https://www.11alive.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/trump-on-kemp-reopening-state/85-4141d52b-dc4d-45df-8d22-bf5b16db5d07

Now it's your turn to disingenuously claim that that was not approving of Kemp's plan or some other bit of bullshit.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #32338 on: April 22, 2020, 11:47:54 PM »

Nah....

Weak.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #32339 on: April 22, 2020, 11:53:09 PM »

Source:  CNN (and picked up by NBC and at least one other)

Quote:   none
Pages: 1 ... 2154 2155 [2156] 2157 2158 ... 4288