Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2160 2161 [2162] 2163 2164 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2006883 times)

barton

Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #32415 on: April 24, 2020, 12:36:44 PM »

Be enlightened. And entertained.

https://youtu.be/WA0wKeokWUU

Rare to see a take-down so well researched AND funny.   I worked in a healthcare related field for a while and was often amused at claims which appended "...with proper diet and exercise... "   

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32416 on: April 24, 2020, 12:43:30 PM »

Anyone taken in by the medical "expertise" of Dr. Oz has been lead by the nose. He turned himself from a respected doctor to a snake oil salesman long ago.

Actually I think he is both

But on the subject of the children, you and many others were way off.
"I tell ya, schools are a very appetizing opportunity.  I just saw a nice piece in The Lancet arguing that the opening of schools may only cost us 2 to 3% in terms of total mortality.”

You are free to trust Dr..Oz's self serving walk back, just as you excuse and defend every bull shit verbal tell Trump spees. I judge him at his word.

It was pretty clear to me that he was saying that running the schools would increase the total number of dead by 2-3%.

It was equally clear to me that that is thoroughly unexceptable - I don't need the other interpretations!
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #32417 on: April 24, 2020, 01:01:16 PM »

You are free to trust Dr..Oz's self serving walk back, just as you excuse and defend every bull shit verbal tell Trump spees. I judge him at his word.

There was no real walk back.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32418 on: April 24, 2020, 01:39:32 PM »

Exactly. He.walked back "appetizing" but not the substance. And since he indicated his willingness.to sacrifice children he has been in hiding.
A parrot bit me.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #32420 on: April 24, 2020, 02:10:06 PM »

There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.

http://youtu.be/6wRYjtvIYK0

kiidcarter8

• View Profile

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #32422 on: April 24, 2020, 02:19:25 PM »

Exactly. He.walked back "appetizing" but not the substance. And since he indicated his willingness.to sacrifice children he has been in hiding.

Maybe teachers.

Not so much children

Any time someone hypothetically dies in a statement you make you put yourself in a bad spot.  Any point you are making gets lost in a  sea of "you are OK with killing my grandma!?"

Understandable.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2020, 02:21:40 PM by kiidcarter8 »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32423 on: April 24, 2020, 02:23:03 PM »

Oh, baloney.

He walked back finding it "appetizing," even if he didn't walk back the 2-3%. And he never explained what he did mean, because it still would have been unacceptable.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32424 on: April 24, 2020, 02:23:59 PM »

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #32425 on: April 24, 2020, 02:39:19 PM »

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #32426 on: April 24, 2020, 02:40:28 PM »

Oh, baloney.

He walked back finding it "appetizing," even if he didn't walk back the 2-3%. And he never explained what he did mean, because it still would have been unacceptable.

Well...

dont you have to compare the 3% - say its 3000 extra deaths - to the damage being done by keeping people from going outside from working, from LIVING?

Again - if Grandma is in the 3000....   its gonna be a NO.

But talk to the family who has had a suicide.  Some states have matched their number of suicides for this year vs 2019 - and it is just April.

Economic damage?  Good Lord.  Each week that goes by drives the (Chinese) screw deeper. 

Thankfully the economy was so strong - can you imagine if the virus had hit us in 2010?  At least China waited that long to have their little accident.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #32428 on: April 24, 2020, 02:45:16 PM »

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #32429 on: April 24, 2020, 02:50:36 PM »

Any time someone hypothetically dies in a statement you make you put yourself in a bad spot.  Any point you are making gets lost in a  sea of "you are OK with killing my grandma!?"

You actually are OK with killing my grandma. At every fork in the road for the last two decades on this forum, you’ve taken the grandma killing path. It comes up again and again because it is the main point. The fact that you are a heartless ignorant lying bastard shapes everything you post which is why criticism of your perspective tends to return to that point.
Pages: 1 ... 2160 2161 [2162] 2163 2164 ... 4288