Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2169 2170 [2171] 2172 2173 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2011489 times)

bodiddley

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #32550 on: April 27, 2020, 09:50:24 AM »

New COVID-19 vaccine shows promise in monkeys. Next step: humans.

A vaccine developed in China was promising in a small trial with rhesus monkeys.  Going to move into clinical trials.

They'll be a lot of vaccine candidates.  China got a head start since they had they virus first.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

barton

« Reply #32551 on: April 27, 2020, 09:57:06 AM »

The cannulas sound great.   Less chance of lung damage,  which is a serious effect of ventilators.   Needs a negative pressure room,  though,  so hospitals could only do this if the patient numbers are low enough. 

I look forward to the Klobuchar administration.   

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #32552 on: April 27, 2020, 10:05:22 AM »

As for remdesivir, hopefully it'll prove out, but I have lots of doubts since it's a failed Ebola treatment that a large drug company is pushing with a well-funded PR campaign.  Early word is not good. Which has been spun into Inconclusive.  We'll see. 
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #32553 on: April 27, 2020, 11:54:35 AM »

(Fake) Patient Zero

Not clear why conspiracists fixated on her.
Or how/why she was supposed to be infected to begin with.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #32554 on: April 27, 2020, 11:56:55 AM »

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pompeo-us-participant-iran-nuclear-deal-argument

Pompeo preparing argument that US still 'participant' in Iran nuclear deal, in effort to restore UN sanctions

Too fucking funny.

Pompeo told the paper: “We cannot allow the Islamic Republic of Iran to purchase conventional weapons in six months.”

He added, “We are prepared to exercise all of our diplomatic options to ensure the arms embargo stays in place at the U.N. Security Council

The bastard!
« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 12:03:14 PM by kiidcarter8 »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #32555 on: April 27, 2020, 12:19:42 PM »

As for remdesivir, hopefully it'll prove out, but I have lots of doubts since it's a failed Ebola treatment that a large drug company is pushing with a well-funded PR campaign. Early word is not good. Which has been spun into Inconclusive.  We'll see.

Like I said - earlier headlines were incorrect. 

And like the "other" drug, remdesivir has already helped countless patients through the worst of this virus.  ANECDOTALLY - but I dont think they care how it is categorized.

I like that there are anti-virals being used successfully AS WE SEARCH for the eventual answer.  Imagine if none of them existed.  I guess there would be prayer left.  That's something anyway.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 12:24:58 PM by kiidcarter8 »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32556 on: April 27, 2020, 01:05:42 PM »

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pompeo-us-participant-iran-nuclear-deal-argument

Pompeo preparing argument that US still 'participant' in Iran nuclear deal, in effort to restore UN sanctions

Too fucking funny.

Pompeo told the paper: “We cannot allow the Islamic Republic of Iran to purchase conventional weapons in six months.”

He added, “We are prepared to exercise all of our diplomatic options to ensure the arms embargo stays in place at the U.N. Security Council

The bastard!

Way to avoid the topic, Kid.

Business as usual for you.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #32558 on: April 27, 2020, 01:47:30 PM »

The cannulas sound great.   Less chance of lung damage,  which is a serious effect of ventilators.   Needs a negative pressure room,  though,  so hospitals could only do this if the patient numbers are low enough. 

I look forward to the Klobuchar administration.

Klobuchar?

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #32559 on: April 27, 2020, 01:50:01 PM »

Perhaps successfully.
The truth is we don't really know which drugs deployed have helped, hurt, or been useless.

There's a definite survivor bias at play.
Most folks who get the virus are going to survive it.  I haven't seen figures but I assume that is true of ICU patients as well.  Just because they get better, as most patients do, doesn't mean that any drug given to them is the reason they got better.  But it's easy to believe that any given drug was the reason for the successful convalescence.  While any folks that received any specific drug but died, don't exactly have much chance to spread that news.

Trying unproven drugs is fine when patients are in desperate need of treatment and options are limited and vaccines still some time away.  But studies will determine what works and what doesn't, ascertain safety and dosages and such.  Again, most anti-virals are likely to be of help for those with mild symptoms, if they work at all against Covid-19.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #32560 on: April 27, 2020, 02:12:48 PM »

You dont think the state senator from Michigan was helped by hydroxychloroquine?

That Brady's Michigan teammate was spared death by use of hydroxychloroquine?

You believe they'd have recovered anyway.

Noted.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #32561 on: April 27, 2020, 02:15:34 PM »

Nicotine patch

Heartburn meds.

Use what you need to.

Live.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #32562 on: April 27, 2020, 02:17:53 PM »

You dont think the state senator from Michigan was helped by hydroxychloroquine?

Noted.

Sucker
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32564 on: April 27, 2020, 02:42:22 PM »

Noted.
You have the analysis backwards. Do you have any evidence other than temporal coincidence, that the Trump wonder drug you have touted in order to help get him reelected helped their recovery, let alone saved their lives.
A parrot bit me.
Pages: 1 ... 2169 2170 [2171] 2172 2173 ... 4288