Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2174 2175 [2176] 2177 2178 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2011299 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #32625 on: April 27, 2020, 07:01:52 PM »

https://news.yahoo.com/york-hospitals-testing-common-heartburn-190800496.html

More good news on the drug front - as VP Pence schools the press on testing (Trump smirking behind him)

Dude!

You are such a mark!

They don’t have a plan, they have a piss poor PR strategy.

Remember the Google website?

Remember the testing numbers?

Sucker.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #32626 on: April 27, 2020, 07:06:14 PM »

"We built the greatest economy the world has ever seen. And we're going to do it again"

Thanks, Obama.

Trump was handed a growing economy (ironically, slowed by GOP obstruction) puffed it up with smoke and mirrors then pissed it away like he always did in business.

You’re a cult member...
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #32627 on: April 27, 2020, 07:09:05 PM »

“Someday, I’m going to die.

This, I grudgingly accept. I have no idea how it's going to happen. Maybe I will die of having a tree fall on me, of eating tainted shellfish, or of being struck by lightning. But this much I guarantee. I will not die of having wagered my life that TV carnival barkers, political halfwits and goobers in MAGA hats know more than experts with R.N.s, M.D.s, and Ph.D.s after their names.

In other words, I will not die of stupid.”

https://www.sltrib.com/opinion/commentary/2020/04/26/leonard-pitts-i-will-not/

Lyndon Johnson

barton

« Reply #32628 on: April 27, 2020, 07:09:13 PM »

"list of common sense beliefs" was meant ironically, you were able to follow that,  right?

The examples,  including Lamarckian Theory,  were to indicate ideas once held to be "common sense" until discredited by better observations and inferences from experimental results.   

No google needed.   Top of the head stuff for most sophomore science majors.
LOL
Well you made a further google search but came up a little short on Landmarckian theories.
Time does wound all heels.

I know this is difficult for you to grasp,  but I truly did not need a Google search to access material I learned while obtaining two science degrees.   I didn't perform a complete critical analysis of Lamarckian Theory on acquired inheritance  because his theory was largely discarded by the 1840s, and then buried officially by a book published in 1859, which you can perhaps google.     The theory is now only of historical interest, but I can recommend a fine essay by Stephen J.  Gould on it,  if you're interested.   

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32629 on: April 27, 2020, 07:11:06 PM »

Young guy got it right

It was "inject" and "cleaner"- though CNN and others reported it as Trump saying ingestion and (cleaning product names such as) Clorox.

"I would like you to speak to the medical doctors to see if there's any way that you can apply light and heat to cure, you know, if you could. And maybe you can, maybe you can't."
"And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning. Because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs. So it would be interesting to check that. So, that, you're going to have to use medical doctors with. But it sounds -- it sounds interesting to me."

Just keep spinning for the Liar-in-Chief, Kid.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32630 on: April 27, 2020, 07:15:12 PM »

"list of common sense beliefs" was meant ironically, you were able to follow that,  right?

The examples,  including Lamarckian Theory,  were to indicate ideas once held to be "common sense" until discredited by better observations and inferences from experimental results.   

LOL
Well you made a further google search but came up a little short on Landmarckian theories.

I know this is difficult for you to grasp,  but I truly did not need a Google search to access material I learned while obtaining two science degrees.   I didn't perform a complete critical analysis of Lamarckian Theory on acquired inheritance  because his theory was largely discarded by the 1840s, and then buried officially by a book published in 1859, which you can perhaps google.     The theory is now only of historical interest, but I can recommend a fine essay by Stephen J.  Gould on it,  if you're interested.

If Ward admitted to misspelling "Lamarckian," it would be Landmarkian!
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32631 on: April 27, 2020, 07:27:30 PM »

LOL

He was "being sarcastic".
A parrot bit me.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #32632 on: April 27, 2020, 07:51:57 PM »

Joe Biden is so FUCKED.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #32633 on: April 27, 2020, 07:55:14 PM »

You’re a cult member...

I'm an American - same as you.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #32634 on: April 27, 2020, 07:58:45 PM »

LOL

He was "being sarcastic".
LOL!

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #32635 on: April 27, 2020, 08:02:38 PM »

LOL

Stop defending yourself

Bad look

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32636 on: April 27, 2020, 08:24:33 PM »

You’re a cult member...

No, not the same at all.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #32637 on: April 27, 2020, 08:24:57 PM »

You’re a cult member...

Spoken like the true believer you are.

You’re no patriot. You’re a sucker.

Lyndon Johnson

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #32638 on: April 27, 2020, 08:33:04 PM »

Patriotic isnt the equivalent of patriot

I agree

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #32639 on: April 27, 2020, 08:43:54 PM »

Patriotic isnt the equivalent of patriot

I agree

For once you’re right, broken clock and all that.

You’re no patriot.

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 2174 2175 [2176] 2177 2178 ... 4288