Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2177 2178 [2179] 2180 2181 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2011238 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #32670 on: April 28, 2020, 12:56:58 AM »

Rats jumping ship...

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/04/27/trump-campaign-china-strategy-memo-213958

I don't read it that way.

I read it as one person recommending mostly jumping ship and the captain's whipmaster making it clear what the costs would be to anybody listening to that advice, with everybody else making sure they are seen blatantly on the ship.

They had bettter get this campaign in JARED's hands - and quick.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #32671 on: April 28, 2020, 12:59:16 AM »

Parscale is a  sharp mother F though.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32672 on: April 28, 2020, 04:18:37 AM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32673 on: April 28, 2020, 04:33:45 AM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32674 on: April 28, 2020, 07:04:43 AM »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32675 on: April 28, 2020, 07:09:51 AM »

barton

« Reply #32676 on: April 28, 2020, 10:04:07 AM »

Kevin Bacon and Sean Bean costarring in a movie would rouse my appetite.  Bean, btw, is good as a pacifist father in the WW2 drama on PBS, "World on Fire, " which (veering towards thread relevance now) has much to say about our current political situation.   Godwin's Law,  check.   

oilcan

« Reply #32677 on: April 28, 2020, 10:25:30 AM »

Add Brie Larson and you have a tasty dish.   

Rick Scott,  and other GOP ilk,  seem to have become very anti-Hamilton lately.   I thought  Al Ham had adequately covered why Virginia would chip in and help with the debts of NY after the Revolutionary War.   It's how the Republic works,  you morons.

barton

« Reply #32678 on: April 28, 2020, 10:48:00 AM »

Yep,  Trump is pitting states against each other.   There's a technical term for that...

And, while we're looking at things that eat away at the federal government....

Food and Drug Administration Commissioner Stephen Hahn said Friday that antibody tests unauthorized by the FDA can be distributed if the manufacturer self-validates them. "They have to tell us that they validated their tests," Hahn said...   
(from NPR)

Picture John Malkovich as the angry guy who keeps prefacing questions with "what the FUCK... "  in Burn After Reading , as I ask WTF does self-validation amount to??
« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 11:32:22 AM by barton »

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32679 on: April 28, 2020, 11:21:01 AM »

Kevin Bacon and Sean Bean costarring in a movie would rouse my appetite.  Bean, btw, is good as a pacifist father in the WW2 drama on PBS, "World on Fire, " which (veering towards thread relevance now) has much to say about our current political situation.   Godwin's Law,  check.
As appetizing as 3% dead children?

How does Bean die in that movie?
A parrot bit me.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32680 on: April 28, 2020, 11:22:38 AM »

Yep,  Trump is pitting states against each other.   There's a technical term for that...

And, while we're looking at things that eat away at the federal government....

Food and Drug Administration Commissioner Stephen Hahn said Friday that antibody tests unauthorized by the FDA can be distributed if the manufacturer self-validates them. "They have to tell us that they validated their tests," Hahn said...   
(from NPR)

Picture John Malkovich as the angry guy who keeps prefacing questions with "what the FUCK... "  in Burn Notice After Reading , as I ask WTF does self-validation amount to??
fify
A parrot bit me.

barton

« Reply #32681 on: April 28, 2020, 11:31:05 AM »

Good grief.   Mental short-circuit.  Thank you, Lime.

How does Bean die in that movie?

You mean the imaginary Bean and Bacon one?    Soup?   

Refried, maybe.   

If the movie tanks,  he risks becoming a has-bean. 
« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 11:50:19 AM by barton »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32682 on: April 28, 2020, 12:02:58 PM »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32683 on: April 28, 2020, 12:09:51 PM »

Draining the Swamp, part 1,436,485:

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/one-trump-donors-hotel-companies-141644380.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cDovL20uZmFjZWJvb2suY29tLw&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAJgSTtcFy0uXWDFD-wbWiYFoy7pTggQNLwYbxCkNdSVASj98IsYY_vW-l31cacH9SA38g6fsdk-MohoZtVIKEOqf_Pj_5Q1trwnu1O8LCd-tJLZwsF_MSmny1oeZbyiTNDoDSkzF_94nbwSny9y9ucdsKKjOSzKpfGrEMZjerSmn

Trump donor's hotel got a ton of Small Busines loan money.

Dallas billionaire Monty Bennett had a special hand in draining the first round of PPP money—he's the single biggest recipient of PPP funds, with $96.1 million going to his businesses. Bennett is the the head of what The Dallas Morning News calls a "hotel empire." He's the CEO of Ashford Inc., a company that serves as the "external advisor" to Ashford Hospitality Trust and Braemar Hotels & Resorts, two companies where Bennett also serves as chairman of the board.

As Popular Information reports, the three companies made $2.2 billion in revenue in 2019. But in March, when U.S. businesses started to feel the fallout from the coronavirus pandemic, the companies laid off 95 percent of their employees and hired lobbyists for the first time ever to make sure that they could get bailout money. That same month, Bennett personally donated $50,000 to Donald Trump's re-election committee.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32684 on: April 28, 2020, 12:48:10 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/28/politics/trump-governors-call/index.html

Trump told the governors to "seriously consider" reopening their schools.

It's a good thing he said that, because I am sure otherwise they would never have given it serious consideration!
Pages: 1 ... 2177 2178 [2179] 2180 2181 ... 4288