Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2178 2179 [2180] 2181 2182 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2011200 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #32685 on: April 28, 2020, 12:50:49 PM »

Tom Perez has been heard

"The Democratic Party will stand up for women and for what is right. Public service is a public trust," Perez said in the statement at the time. "If you are a candidate for office or an elected official who has engaged in sexual misconduct, you should step aside – whether you sit in the U.S. House of Representatives, the U.S. Senate, or the Oval Office."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/perez-haunted-by-calls-for-candidates-who-engaged-in-sexual-misconduct-to-step-aside-amid-biden-claims

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32686 on: April 28, 2020, 01:00:47 PM »

Tom Perez has been heard

"The Democratic Party will stand up for women and for what is right. Public service is a public trust," Perez said in the statement at the time. "If you are a candidate for office or an elected official who has engaged in sexual misconduct, you should step aside – whether you sit in the U.S. House of Representatives, the U.S. Senate, or the Oval Office."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/perez-haunted-by-calls-for-candidates-who-engaged-in-sexual-misconduct-to-step-aside-amid-biden-claims

If only you cared a tenth this much about your candidate.

But you don't. You're just a partisan guttersnipe.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kiidcarter8

• View Profile

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #32688 on: April 28, 2020, 01:07:37 PM »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32689 on: April 28, 2020, 01:09:55 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/28/politics/trump-governors-call/index.html

Trump told the governors to "seriously consider" reopening their schools.

It's a good thing he said that, because I am sure otherwise they would never have given it serious consideration!
Meanwhile

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/28/politics/trump-governors-call/index.html

Hard to keep track of what got posted less than 20 minutes earlier.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #32690 on: April 28, 2020, 01:11:16 PM »

Damn media hypocrites.

I've looked and I can't find one post from Kid condemning Trump after the latter's confession to sexual assault.

"I like your smile, and your fingertips
I like the way that you move your hips
I like the cool way you look at me
Everything about you is bringing me misery..."--Bob Dylan

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32691 on: April 28, 2020, 01:11:33 PM »

Given Kid's inability to remember/notice what transpired so recently, it is perhaps no wonder that VP Pence so clearly misremembers what he said and seemed to mean ~50 days ago.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2020/04/27/pence-testing-coronavirus-task-force-bts-dale-tsr-vpx.cnn/video/playlists/this-week-in-politics/

Easier to lie about it, I suppose, than to admit that they simply failed to deliver what they promised.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #32692 on: April 28, 2020, 01:19:23 PM »

Damn media hypocrites.

I've looked and I can't find one post from Kid condemning Trump after the latter's confession to sexual assault.

There are a few reasons Trump wasn't my candidate.

You can hit me on Bridgegate all day.  Trump's shenanigans with women are reprehensible.  Kind of like half the guys I knew in college.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #32694 on: April 28, 2020, 01:29:18 PM »

Thanks for the link

Ironically, outside of gender, Democrats struggle to embrace the electoral power of descriptive representation (i.e., identity politics) when it comes to candidate recruitment; however, Republicans have long understood the benefits of recruiting and running minority candidates in diverse districts. It is a strategy that has worked well for them in both Florida and Texas, and one they’re hoping might mitigate a massive demographic advantage for Democrats on the 25th. Their candidate, Mike Garcia, has an impressive background as a Navy fighter pilot, and perhaps more relevant for the GOP’s electoral purposes, Garcia’s Ballotpedia entry provided by his campaign notes he is a “first-generation American citizen whose family came to the United States legally.” Republicans hope he may be able to pull over some voters from the district’s 37-percent Latino population and potentially erode some of the Democrats’ advantage among this core voting bloc.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #32695 on: April 28, 2020, 01:37:16 PM »

Once and for all I'd love to see a definition of "identity politics" and why it's the Democrats who always stand accused of practicing it.  It's one of Red's favorite attempts at a take-down, so he's welcome to try.

Or doesn't "white folks angry at the blacks and foreigners" count as an identity?  How about  those of "we don't care about anything except owning the lib(tard)s" view?  Isn't that an identity?   
« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 01:46:19 PM by Yankguy1 »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #32697 on: April 28, 2020, 01:48:05 PM »

If only you cared a tenth this much about your candidate.

Candidate?   I believe he has a title.

Oh, I do care.

I am thankful.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #32698 on: April 28, 2020, 01:50:42 PM »

Candidate?   I believe he has a title.

Heh.  This from the guy who calls who women office-holders "Ms". Respect!!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 2178 2179 [2180] 2181 2182 ... 4288