Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 2179 2180 [2181] 2182 2183 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 2011024 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #32700 on: April 28, 2020, 01:58:45 PM »

Candidate?   I believe he has a title.

Heh.  This from the guy who calls who women office-holders "Ms". Respect!!!!!

Not many call Trump "the candidate"

Just on this board, I think.

Ms.?  I assume it makes it easy for you to see the ones I like best and least......

Did I use Ms. with Harris?

I dont think so.  So she'd be even lower down the scale.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #32701 on: April 28, 2020, 02:01:11 PM »

Now that I think of it, I believe there was a West Wing where President Bartlett was called "the candidate" - or "your candidate"

And Josh Lyman (top 10 character, history of television) rightly was quite steamed.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #32702 on: April 28, 2020, 02:11:15 PM »

Given Kid's inability to remember/notice what transpired so recently, it is perhaps no wonder that VP Pence so clearly misremembers what he said and seemed to mean ~50 days ago.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2020/04/27/pence-testing-coronavirus-task-force-bts-dale-tsr-vpx.cnn/video/playlists/this-week-in-politics/

Easier to lie about it, I suppose, than to admit that they simply failed to deliver what they promised.

I dont pay any attention to anything with Daniel Dale involved.

I addressed him on Twitter - told him he was likely much better than how CNN was choosing to use him (fact checker).  Its caused his opinions to lose plenty of luster due to their extremity.

DD might be readable in a new setting (Post, Times....) - or may very well be more palatable post election.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32703 on: April 28, 2020, 02:24:06 PM »

Stupid, stupid, stupid. This from the Chair of the AZ Repo party:

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/kelli-ward-arizona-republicans-reopen-covid-protests
A parrot bit me.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #32704 on: April 28, 2020, 02:35:12 PM »

Trump's shenanigans with women are reprehensible. 

Trump's shenanigans with business are reprehensible.
Trump University?  A scam.
Trump's Foundation?  A fraud.
(or is it the other way around?)

Trump ran his companies into bankruptcy over and over.  Part of his MO of stiffing creditors.  Finally, US banks just stopped lending to Trump, so he had get German and probably Russian and possibly Chinese money.

And his management skills are seriously lacking.  No wonder he careened into bankruptcy and resorted to cheating and fraud.  Because he doesn't have the skills or patience to run an honest business.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 02:37:59 PM by bodiddley »
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #32705 on: April 28, 2020, 02:44:56 PM »

Candidate?   I believe he has a title.

Heh.  This from the guy who calls who women office-holders "Ms". Respect!!!!!

Not many call Trump "the candidate"

Just on this board, I think.

Ms.?  I assume it makes it easy for you to see the ones I like best and least......

Did I use Ms. with Harris?

I dont think so.  So she'd be even lower down the scale.

No, you said she had “angry fake balls” or something to that effect.
I guess black bitch would be too direct, no?
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

barton

« Reply #32706 on: April 28, 2020, 03:09:18 PM »

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/kelli-ward-arizona-republicans-reopen-covid-protests

She believes in "chem trails."  If you're familiar with that conspiracy theory, then you can see it's funny she believes in people going outside at all.   

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #32707 on: April 28, 2020, 03:11:14 PM »

Oh, the Caucasity of it all...

The GOP is trying to kill as many Americans as possible.

The ruling comes after Bailey, a Republican from Xenia, Illinois, filed a lawsuit claiming Pritzker exceeded his authority and violated the civil rights of the state’s residents. Pritzker on Thursday extended his stay-at-home order through May 30 as the highly contagious coronavirus continued to spread and infect thousands across the state.

"Enough is enough!" Bailey said in a statement. "I filed this lawsuit on behalf of myself and my constituents who are ready to go back to work and resume a normal life.”

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/judge-grants-restraining-order-to-block-extended-stay-at-home-order-reports/2262560/
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

barton

« Reply #32708 on: April 28, 2020, 03:15:47 PM »

The troll did say "fake angry balls. " 

I favor,  for the "president," a formal title.  Malignant Narcissist Tyrant-Clown works.   

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32709 on: April 28, 2020, 03:36:33 PM »

Imposter. Traitor. Fraud. Goon. Addict. Light Weight. Coward. Cheat. Crook. Those are just the official titles he’s so far accrued.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #32710 on: April 28, 2020, 03:39:32 PM »

She believes in "chem trails."  If you're familiar with that conspiracy theory, then you can see it's funny she believes in people going outside at all.
She also believes McCain ceased cancer treatments in spring of 2016 for electoral purposes. I was.really hoping the nut job would challenge McSorely again, but they bought her off.
A parrot bit me.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #32711 on: April 28, 2020, 03:40:46 PM »

No, you said she had “angry fake balls” or something to that effect.

Sorry for being descriptive on such a vanilla board.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #32712 on: April 28, 2020, 03:43:39 PM »

The GOP is trying to kill as many Americans as possible.

Yeah, because high deaths = votes

Ask Lyndon J.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #32713 on: April 28, 2020, 03:44:07 PM »

Descriptive and sexist are not synonyms.

Meanwhile, kiid's DEAR LEADER has toted up the moral points and determined that meat packing workers are expendable.
A parrot bit me.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #32714 on: April 28, 2020, 04:40:55 PM »

Today is a beautiful day, and like always I go out on my balcony to drink coffee and check out the day. Everything is great, there are beautiful women all over, but everyone is wearing masks, so it is weird, it is still weird to see everyone wearing masks.

I was going to be a rebel, and I was not going to wear a mask, but I am taking this thing seriously, and so I tie a bandanna on my face when I go in the store.

And I wash my hands a lot, and I stay 6 feet away from people.

I am doing everything that they recommend.

And I am still allowed to ride my bicycle, which really helps me. I love to get out and ride around on my beach cruiser.

I will be glad when this crisis is over, but like everyone else I am trying to make the most of it, and we try to make the most out of the things that we do have control over.

And it never helps to have a bad attitude, when I catch myself getting a bad attitude then I work to change it quickly. Getting a bad attitude just makes things worse. And as an actor I have a lot of tools to change my mood, and my attitude. I can snap out of a funk no problem. And I am good at cheering up other people as well, most of the time. One tool to improve a bad attitude is to focus on your blessings, and to be grateful, and to focus on beautiful things in the world, focus on all the beauty and then the beauty fills your mind.

This crisis will pass, and there are many positives, such as families spending time together, and people learning how to cook, etc, and people have time to think, and to reflect, and people have time to think about what they want to do with their lives. I hope that more people will chase their dreams, and I hope that the world economy bounces back quickly.

May we also continue to pray for the doctors and researchers, that they may save lives and find a cure for this thing.

And I am thankful for all of the people who are keeping our stores stocked and the pharmacies stocked.

Salute,

Tony V.
Pages: 1 ... 2179 2180 [2181] 2182 2183 ... 4288